Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Anudder punk Viking hater

Dis is an article from some punk mug named Mike Tanier. All dis season he's been bustin' our footballs about how lousy da Vikes are. Now dat we're inna winning streak, was does he say? Da punk sez dis:

=================================================

The Vikings may be 7-5, but they have scored 219 points while allowing 273. According to a handy little statistic called the Pythagorean Projection, a team with that spread of points scored and allowed should have 4.5 wins, not seven (learn more about the projection here). The Vikings are winning with smoke, mirrors, trapdoors, and lousy opponents. Mike Tice has stolen Wayne Fontes' old playbook and found a way to save his job. Vikings fans should not be applauding. The Rams make appealing seven-point underdogs.

================================================== =

I guess he musta lost uh bunch a bucks bettin' on da Vikes to lose the last 5 weeks. Practically every udder guy wit an opinion has been givin' at least a few props to da Vikes. Anybody dat can win 5 inna row has got sumpin' good goin' fer 'em.

I tink I'm gonna send him an email, tellin' him where to stick his opinion. Youse guys can too:

[email protected] <[email protected]>
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: Anudder punk Viking hater

he's a bum.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

Reading your post makes me wish I would have learned phonics(sp?):lol:
    I.B.O.T. #213

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

everyone hates us. we get it by now. and i like it this way.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet Guest

OldManVike, love your posts! That guy will be schooled in the weeks to come.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Someone needs to give that guy a copy of "A Tale of Two Vikes Teams" by Tanier "Can Suck My" Dickens!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

"sunny" wrote:
    Reading your post makes me wish I would have learned phonics(sp?):lol:
    Why isn't "phonics" spelled like it sounds?

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

the guy is just plain hating and using anything he could to back him up. his excuse for us against the bears would be that the bears didnt eat breakfast.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Someone needs to give that guy a copy of "A Tale of Two Vikes Teams" by Tanier "Can Suck My" Dickens!!!
    :lol:

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I done sent dat bum an email. I got me brudder to send it, cuz I can't spell gooder than him. It was dis one....
    ===============================================
    Mr. Tanier,

I just read your opinion on the Vikings-Rams game. I was left with the impression that you must have lost quite a bit of money betting against them, if your vitriol and inexplicable excuses for their impressive win streak is any indication.

Yes, they have scored only 219 points while allowing 273. However, as you well know but won't state in your diatribe, most of the points given up were during their horrid 2-5 start. Now, Mike Tice, who has not stolen anyone's play book but has instead rallied the Viking players into a cohesive unit, has them believing in themselves and has gotten them thinking like winners, which is exactly what they're doing, much to your consternation.

The Vikings are not winning with 'smoke, mirrors, trapdoors, and lousy opponents.', as you so glibly state. They are winning with Brad Johnson's calming influence and mature leadership. The same Brad Johnson whom you described as having the arm of a tennis ball machine and yet threw for an 80 yard touchdown pass against Detroit, 55 yards of the pass being in the air. They are winning with a now jelled defensive unit, which over the past 5 weeks has gotten 16 takeaways while giving up only 6. But, mostly it is their attitude, which, inspired by Mike Tice, has turned them into winners.

This is quite a turnaround for a team which started out with a nightmare of a season. Most other sportswriters are noting this and giving praise where praise is due, to the Viking organization. You, on the other hand, like a truculent child, are dismissing the Vikings out of hand, trying to tell the football world to not believe their eyes, but your sneering attitude. For shame.

You say Viking fans should not be applauding? Ha! However the team ends up this year, there is plenty to applaud about. And we are applauding. This is a success story I am happy to cheer, and will continue to do so, no matter what negative spin you or any others like you place on them.

Sincerely,
    ================================================
    Den you know wat he done? He sent me a reply. He done sent dis....
    ===============================================

Thanks for the response.

I suppose the mature calm of Brad Johnson is better
    than the actual athletic ability of Daunte Culpepper.
    Maybe there will be a QB controversy in Minnesota next
    year?

Or, just maybe, they have hit an easy patch of
    schedule this year.

And don't worry, Mike Tice will take some team to the
    Super Bowl one of these days. I'm not sure who he'll
    shake down for the tickets, though.

================================================

Well, I guess you can't expect nuttin' else from a bum like dat, y'know? But, y'know, I kinda like whut gregair13 sez about gobbige like dis, everyone hates us. we get it by now. and i like it this way. Yeah! Me too! Us Vikes against the woild! Dat's da spirit we need! Heh heh heh....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast