Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antwan Odom

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Antwan Odom

Yeah look where he is now

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Antwan Odom

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Viking_Spirit

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That is not a slip, that is probably where he will be if he doesn't fall to us.
    I agree, but I have a feeling he will fall to us........

600 posts baby! Head coach!
    [/quote]

I did some surfing yesterday on Odom. Many "experts" feel he has the potential to be the best all around DE in this draft. He was in the shadows of others the last couple of years. He needs to polish his technique a little, but his initial burst and closing speed is mind boggling. Can also play the run above average.

HEY SPIRIT, CONGRATS ON YOUR 600!!![][tu]

sig courtesy of PPE

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Antwan Odom

Then again who could have predicted that McKinnie would fall the way he did? Anything is possible and if someone dives in with a trade then all the best laid plans of a lot of teams could go out of the window.
    Looking at some sites they do rate Odom as a worthwhile pick and if we get him then Cottrel may well be able to get the best out of him. Sometimes its not just ability but coaching that makes that difference - a well coached player will often have the edge on one who is not

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bulldog67

Udeze is emerging as the clear cut first DE off the board and Smith is starting to slip a little bit. I still don't see him falling to #19, but it's starting to look like he will be more in the 12-15 range<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Antwan Odom

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AngloVike

Then again who could have predicted that McKinnie would fall the way he did? Anything is possible and if someone dives in with a trade then all the best laid plans of a lot of teams could go out of the window.
    Looking at some sites they do rate Odom as a worthwhile pick and if we get him then Cottrel may well be able to get the best out of him. Sometimes its not just ability but coaching that makes that difference - a well coached player will often have the edge on one who is not

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bulldog67

Udeze is emerging as the clear cut first DE off the board and Smith is starting to slip a little bit. I still don't see him falling to #19, but it's starting to look like he will be more in the 12-15 range<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There are some decent DE that should be around in at our second pick.

Babin from W.Michigan and Ball from UCLA as well as others. So maybe a D. J. Willams or Dunta Robinson or D. Hall is what the vikes should pick up.

Man I'm so glad that Cardinal game is not on my mind anymore[]

GO VIKINGS
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Antwan Odom

since when was being selected at #7 a drop? McKinnie was one of the top two olineman in the draft at the time and Mike Williams just happened to be taken first. Odom looks like a solid player, but will be far from the best at the 19 pick. Are we so desperate for a DE that we pass on great players for a good player? Besides Freeny wasn't regarded that high because he was a pure pass rusher and not a good run stopper, which is exactly what we need. Odom in not a pure pass rusher in the same sense as Dwight Freeny.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Antwan Odom

that's my point stalion. freeny wasn't considered a first rounder because all he could do was rush the passer. isn't that what we're going for here? would we consider freeny a reach in the first rould now? we need a defensive PLAYMAKER with our first rounder. not someone who is "solid agaist the run". the run defense would be nice too, don't get me wrong.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12