Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jordy is offline Rookie

Antonio Banks....

The American Football club Alphen Eagles have hired former viking safety Antonio Banks as a head coach...Alphen Eagles is my team from Holland...i think this is kind of a indication that Football is taken seriously all across the world, this is great news! can annyone tell me if he played a lot for the vikes and what kind of player he was? thanks Jordy

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Antonio Banks....

Cool! A little Vikings flava in Hole Land! LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Good for him !!!!!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

congrats to whoever that guy is. nice to see people finding work
    We're bringing purple back.

I remember he played on the 98 team. I think all he was was a special teamer and a back-up. I am not sure what safety postion he played.

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Hey Jordy,

Mijn naam is Mo, en ik speelde in de Liga van de Voetbal Nederlands 4
    jaar. Het is goed om te horen dat Antonio Banks voor de Adelaars
    gaat trainen Alphen. Te koel dat! Terwijl het leven in Holland,
    speelde ik voor het Team van de Luchtmacht in Soesterberg, Wolfhounds
    en tijdens de lente die ik in de Nederlandse liga zou spelen. Ik
    speelde twee jaar voor Utrecht Vikingen in 1991/92 en beëindigde
    omhoog toen mijn speeldagen in Hilversum met Hurricanes. Ik leefde
    slechts 30K van Alphen, maar besliste in Utrecht en dan in Hilversum
    te spelen. Na verlaten I won Hurricanes eigenlijk de Tulip Bowl,
    denk ik het in Alpen in 1995 of 96 werd gespeeld. Niet zeker, zal ik
    mijn vroegere teampartners moeten contacteren om zonder twijfel te
    weten te komen.

Amerikanen realiseren niet dat de voetbal in Holland en de meerderheid
    van Europa bijna 30 jaar nu is gespeeld! Het is goed om sommige
    Ventilators te kennen van Viking levend in mijn goedgekeurd
    geboorteland! Neem zorg en verblijf in aanraking!

PS, gebruikte ik een vertaler om dit bericht te compileren!

TOT ZIENS!

Tranlated:

Hey Jordy,

My name is Mo, and I played in the Nederlands Football League for 4 years. It's good to hear that Antonio Banks is going to be coaching for the Alphen Eagles. That's too cool! While living in Holland, I played for the Air Force Team at Soesterberg, the Wolfhounds and during the spring I would play in the Dutch league. I played two years for the Utrecht Vikings in 1991/92 and then finished my playing days up in Hilversum with the Hurricanes. I lived only 30K from Alphen, but decided to play in Utrecht and than in Hilversum. After I left Holland, the Hurricanes actually won the Tulip Bowl, I think it was played in Alphen in 1995 or 96. Not sure, I will have to contact my former team mates to find out for sure.

Americans don't realize that football has been played in Holland and the majority of Europe for nearly 30 years now! It's good to know some Viking Fans live in my adopted homeland! Take care and stay in touch!

PS, I used a translator to compile this message!

TOT ZIENS!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

who's antonio banks?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Awsome go Banks.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    who's antonio banks?
    Antonio Banks was a free agent DB signed by the Vikings in 1998. Antonio played his college ball for the Virginia Tech Hokies and was a Safety and special teams ace while with the Vikings. He saw very limited action over the course of the next 3 seasons with the team appearing in a total of 24 games and having only 18 tackles and 1 Fumble recovery. Antonio was allocated by the Vikings to the NFLE league and played for the Amsterdam Admirals in 1998, 2000, and 2001. He was released from the Vikings after the 2000 season and signed with the Raiders some time after. I do not believe he ever saw action during the regular season for the Raiders. Last I heard, Antonio had signed on to the coaching staff with the Admirals in 2005 helping to lead that team to it's first World Bowl Title. During his playing time with the Admirals, Antonio became an instant fan favorite. I think he will bring a lot of good experience to Jordy's team. Please give him our best Jordy and I wish you and your team mates the best of luck in the upcoming season!

Mo

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

jordy is offline Rookie

"BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    who's antonio banks?
    Antonio Banks was a free agent DB signed by the Vikings in 1998. Antonio played his college ball for the Virginia Tech Hokies and was a Safety and special teams ace while with the Vikings. He saw very limited action over the course of the next 3 seasons with the team appearing in a total of 24 games and having only 18 tackles and 1 Fumble recovery. Antonio was allocated by the Vikings to the NFLE league and played for the Amsterdam Admirals in 1998, 2000, and 2001. He was released from the Vikings after the 2000 season and signed with the Raiders some time after. I do not believe he ever saw action during the regular season for the Raiders. Last I heard, Antonio had signed on to the coaching staff with the Admirals in 2005 helping to lead that team to it's first World Bowl Title. During his playing time with the Admirals, Antonio became an instant fan favorite. I think he will bring a lot of good experience to Jordy's team. Please give him our best Jordy and I wish you and your team mates the best of luck in the upcoming season!

Mo
    Thnks Mo! always nice to hear from somebody that have playd in Holland....thnks for the info and i'm sure it's going to be a championschip year for as...dit you know the utrecht Vikings are gone now? there is a new team in Utrecht now called Utrecht Dominators... and well there are vikings fans in your adopted homeland :lol: like me :wink: ...jordy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast