Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Antone Exum

  1. #11
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    597
    I truly believe Zimmer has a list of players, in college and the pros, that he wants desperately. When you are the defensive coordinator, you have input, but not as much as the head coach, and certainly not as much as the GM. As such, every time he really wanted a player the HC and GM vetoed, he put that player on his list for when HE was in charge.

    It's what I would have done, and I've heard quite a few coordinators do the same thing. With the extended (and frustratingly long) time he spent waiting for the HC position, you have to figure he has got quite a few names and schemes on that list.

    We now get to see if it will work out, or blow up spectacularly. As you might have guessed, I expect us to surprise the shit out of a lot of teams next year.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

    ~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

  2. #12
    Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    82
    Im liking what I am seeing from this Dude. Really hope he is one of our diamonds in the rough. Think his name is awesome as a safety, Exum.

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I truly believe Zimmer has a list of players, in college and the pros, that he wants desperately. When you are the defensive coordinator, you have input, but not as much as the head coach, and certainly not as much as the GM. As such, every time he really wanted a player the HC and GM vetoed, he put that player on his list for when HE was in charge.

    It's what I would have done, and I've heard quite a few coordinators do the same thing. With the extended (and frustratingly long) time he spent waiting for the HC position, you have to figure he has got quite a few names and schemes on that list.

    We now get to see if it will work out, or blow up spectacularly. As you might have guessed, I expect us to surprise the shit out of a lot of teams next year.
    The HC doesn't have as much say in the roster as the GM does, that's why some HC's want to have the GM role as well.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The HC doesn't have as much say in the roster as the GM does, that's why some HC's want to have the GM role as well.
    I think it depends on whether the player picked works out or not. If it ends up being a great pick will give that one to Zimmer. If the pick fails then it was Spielman overriding Zim.

  5. #15
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Heard he ran a 4.41 40, acl must not be bothering him too much.
    The ACL is not used much in straight running; it holds the knee together during cuts.

    This begs the question, why would any college player, who could go on one of the first two days of the NFL draft, join a pick up basketball game? How many other buddies on the court could blow $1 million with an injury?

  6. #16
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The ACL is not used much in straight running; it holds the knee together during cuts.

    This begs the question, why would any college player, who could go on one of the first two days of the NFL draft, join a pick up basketball game? How many other buddies on the court could blow $1 million with an injury?
    Kids man ... they think they are invincible. Hell, people in general think they are ... right up until they aren't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •