VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

ANTOINE'S ABSENCE

ANTOINE'S ABSENCE

Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield is known as one of the standup players in the league, a man whose talents match his character.

But his absence from Minnesota's voluntary Organized Team Activities is raising questions as to why he's unhappy.

Winfield's agent, Richard Katz, declined to address why his client is a no show. But he did say that Winfield would attend the Vikings mandatory minicamp June 1-3.

Asked whether Winfield would be at training camp, Katz said, "I can't comment on that."

Antione Winfield's absence has the Vikings questioning his commitment.
    Antione Winfield's absence has the Vikings questioning his commitment.

Told that the public could interpret Winfield's unrest as a sign of wanting a new contract, Katz said, "I can't comment about that."

Yet the Vikings said they don't believe Winfield's absence is related to a new contract. Winfield has three years remaining on a deal that is scheduled to pay him $16.8 million over the next three years.

More likely, Winfield's frustration is tied to the disappointing season the Vikings had last year. Winfield does not take kindly to losing. Yet the Vikings said they are unaware of Winfield asking for a trade.

The issue has been left to Vikings coach Brad Childress, who has been in touch with Winfield.

Asked Tuesday by Minnesota writers why Winfield is absent, Childress said: "I really don't know. You'd have to ask him that. He hasn't been here in the offseason program, and that's guys' prerogative.

"As I mentioned to you, this is the time of year when you get a chance to enhance the foundation that you laid last year and see what we've added. I think it's an important time to spend time with your teammates and coaches. Our players know how important this time of year is."

Winfield does, too, which is why his absence raises more questions than there are answers, at least for now.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10192636

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: ANTOINE'S ABSENCE

hasnt this been posted like 3 times now??

Thanks josdin00

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: ANTOINE'S ABSENCE

This topic is already being discussed in another thread;

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 37.50

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe it is a duplicate article, but it is a duplicate thread. You should check for existing threads to put the articles in the are relative to the subject mater so we don't end up with multiple threads discussing the same issue.

Also as a note, you shouldn't post the entire article due to copywrite infrigements. Only the title & a few sentences along with the link will suffice.

I like to also include the date, author & source of the article to give credit where credit is due.

Last but not least, please don't post thread titles in all caps.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"