Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I think so too. He has moved his family out of Minnesota and they are living in Houston. I think the Vikings decision to roll without him was made when they offered him the low ball contract to return.
    He may come out of retirement for a pot of gold, I just don't see the Vikings as the team to offer that gold, or the team Winfield wants to play for.
    I would love to see him return, but I think it's time to move on.
    I had read and posted it in the thread regarding his possible release from Seattle that his daughters were still going to school in Minnesota

Longtime Viking and current Seattle Seahawk Antoine Winfield is likely to be cut this weekend and back out on the free agent market per CBS Sports Jason LaCanfora.....This presents an interesting scenario for the Vikings. For one, he knows the defense extremely well having spent 9 seasons here. Secondly, his children still live in the Twin Cities attending local schools

LINK

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    No, he still lives in Minnesota in Eden Prairie and his children goto school here. He plans to continue his retirement here and as such, is local to us.

Frazier has texted him saying if he needs anything, as a retired player or interested in playing again, that he should call Frazier.

Now, Winfield is a prideful guy and if he thinks he can't cut it, he won't come back. The question is prideful enough that he wouldn't come back to a team that just cut him and realizes they made a mistake.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    I would take him back in a heart beat. Watching him tackle, sack, force fumble, fumble recover and score was awesome
    Purple till i die

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Antoine Winfield Retires

That was like 5 years ago. It was fun watching moss in 1998 but bringing him back would not mean we were getting the same player

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    That was like 5 years ago. It was fun watching moss in 1998 but bringing him back would not mean we were getting the same player
    Yes, but Winfield played at an extremely high level last year, so there's no reason to believe he couldn't this year.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I had read and posted it in the thread regarding his possible release from Seattle that his daughters were still going to school in Minnesota

LINK
    That was from Aug. 31. Yesterday I saw a video with Judd Zulgad where he says it's reported Winfield and family moved back to Houston. It is toward the end of the video, around the 5.00 minute mark.

Ready or not: Vikings set to open season | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

I hope Webby is right and he is still in town, but I think it would be hard to get him to come back.
    Last edited by smegmavike; 09-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234