FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Antoine Winfield playing through fracturered hand

Antoine Winfield fractures hand, but should play with wrap this week - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

The cornerback underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed the fracture, coach Leslie Frazier said. He finished Sunday's game and should play against the Packers with the hand in a soft cast, Frazier said.
    I hope he can tough this out we do need him.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hope it doesn't hurt his pass coverage skills.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Let it be said that I'm going to give ole Whinny some props this year. He has definitely played alot better than I would have thought he would.

In the end, however, I don't think we would miss him as much as most on here think. I think that now that Cook is back, Rob can step in and play the same role Whinny does and probably provide us better pass coverage which I would gladly welcome even though we lose a bit in run support that Whinny excels at.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hope it doesn't hurt his pass coverage skills.
    LOL, well played my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Let it be said that I'm going to give ole Whinny some props this year. He has definitely played alot better than I would have thought he would.

In the end, however, I don't think we would miss him as much as most on here think. I think that now that Cook is back, Rob can step in and play the same role Whinny does and probably provide us better pass coverage which I would gladly welcome even though we lose a bit in run support that Whinny excels at.
    Winfield also tends to come up with big plays when we need them. He's a leader and helps elevate the intensity that our players bring on the field. He leads the team in INT's again this year (tied with Harrison). I won't bother giving out the number, as it doesn't serve my purpose.

The guy will retire eventually, but right now he helps our defense, regardless of his shortcomings. Sometimes old guys are good for a team

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Winfield also tends to come up with big plays when we need them. He's a leader and helps elevate the intensity that our players bring on the field. He leads the team in INT's again this year (tied with Harrison). I won't bother giving out the number, as it doesn't serve my purpose.

The guy will retire eventually, but right now he helps our defense, regardless of his shortcomings. Sometimes old guys are good for a team
    Agree, I gave him props for playing better.

On a side note, his INT's didn't come from providing blanket coverage. They came with him in his zone catching bad passes, not cutting the pass off before it got to the player.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Agree, I gave him props for playing better.

On a side note, his INT's didn't come from providing blanket coverage. They came with him in his zone catching bad passes, not cutting the pass off before it got to the player.
    We agree on AW's coverage skills. But, he has a knack of making plays, whether it's in stopping a guy from making a 3rd down conversion, reading the QB to make a play on the ball, getting a sack, fumble,....... It's not always the sexy players that make a difference, sometimes it's the guys who want it the most that make it happen. That's where I put AW.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    We agree on AW's coverage skills. But, he has a knack of making plays, whether it's in stopping a guy from making a 3rd down conversion, reading the QB to make a play on the ball, getting a sack, fumble,....... It's not always the sexy players that make a difference, sometimes it's the guys who want it the most that make it happen. That's where I put AW.
    Again, don't disagree, but of late, its the other guys that are doing it, not Whinny. Sure, he's had his moments, but so has Griff, Smitty, Rob, Rob, etc. Even ole Sanford has had as many game changers as Whinny has this year.