Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Antoine Winfield - MMQB Defensive Player-of-the-Week - Week 16

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/12/24/week16/3.html

Defensive Players of the WeekAntoine Winfield, CB, Minnesota. He put on a clinic at Green Bay, on defense and special teams. He played a clinging cover cornerback against Donald Driver and Greg Jennings; Brett Favre directed 23 passes at those two receivers, and they caught 10, for 101 yards and no scores. Winfield had eight tackles, four pass deflections, a crucial fumble recovery at the Minnesota one with the Packers trying to go in for the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter. On the kickoff following Minnesota's lone score of the game to take a 7-6 lead, Winfield leveled returner Vernand Morency with a sleep-inducing, fit-for-Jacked-Up open-field tackle.
    Of course, Peter King's just a fat idiot who doesn't know anything about football, so you can just ignore what he wrote about the Vikings best player.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Antoine Winfield - MMQB Defensive Player-of-the-Week - Week 16

I'll agree with you that he is useless, but I have no problem with this article at all.. He just added some letters to some words here and there.. He did however give Antoine Winfield his props in this article.. That is all that matters to me..

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:

Defensive Players of the WeekAntoine Winfield, CB, Minnesota. He put on a clinic at Green Bay, on defense and special teams. He played a clinging cover cornerback against Donald Driver and Greg Jennings; Brett Favre directed 23 passes at those two receivers, and they caught 10, for 101 yards and no scores. Winfield had eight tackles, four pass deflections, a crucial fumble recovery at the Minnesota one with the Packers trying to go in for the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter. On the kickoff following Minnesota's lone score of the game to take a 7-6 lead, Winfield leveled returner Vernand Morency with a sleep-inducing, fit-for-Jacked-Up open-field tackle.
    Of course, Peter King's just a fat idiot who doesn't know anything about football, so you can just ignore what he wrote about the Vikings best player.

=Z=
    Or he is just really really slow. We've all know this for how long?

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

"Freya" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=
    My comment was more of a sarcastic slap at some PP.O-ers who whine about pro football writers.

Antoine played his normal game on a prime-time stage and Cris Collinsworth took notice.
    That, more than anything, probably contributed to some of the good press #26 has gotten this week.

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=
    My comment was more of a sarcastic slap at some PP.O-ers who whine about pro football writers.

Antoine played his normal game on a prime-time stage and Cris Collinsworth took notice.
    That, more than anything, probably contributed to some of the good press #26 has gotten this week.

=Z=
    Winfield stepped it up for this game.
    He took advantage of the angles he had and the opportunities.
    Thats why he is one of the best.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know you're an OSU guy, so you pay attention to Winfield, but I have a bit of man love for him.
    My new-school road Vikes jersey is his.
    He is always making the tackles and getting in on the plays.
    I didn't think he stepped up his play so much as he had the big hit and the big fumble recovery in addition to his normal sure-tackling.

He should be in the Pro Bowl over any other Viking, IMHO.

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I know you're an OSU guy, so you pay attention to Winfield, but I have a bit of man love for him.
    My new-school road Vikes jersey is his.
    He is always making the tackles and getting in on the plays.
    I didn't think he stepped up his play so much as he had the big hit and the big fumble recovery in addition to his normal sure-tackling.

He should be in the Pro Bowl over any other Viking, IMHO.

=Z=
    Why didn't you tell me about your jersey?
    That would have made a huge difference.

It has zero to do with OSU when it comes to the Vikings.
    Vikings > OSU.
    AW had an awesome, almost flawless game.
    Better than normal.
    There is nothing wrong with that.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

He is good but not a true cover corner

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    He is good but not a true cover corner
    But he's still 20th in the league with 14 passes defended to go with his 78 solo tackles.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Winfield is the best defensive player we have had in a long time. Better then Randle, Pat Williams, Doleman etc. HUge impact player.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast