Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Antoine Winfield!

Looks like the move to get winfield in the offseason was a good one as he gets two interceptions in the practice this morning (aug. 6th) and also gets a few big hits. Cornerback Antoine Winfield had a very impressive performance in the morning session against the Chiefs. Winfield recorded two interceptions, a couple passes defended and laid a number of big hits. Winfield was the biggest free agent addition to the Vikings. He was brought in to solidify one side of the defensive secondary. If his performance this morning was any indication of what we'll see this season, Vikings fans are in for a treat. This is what interviewers asked him:

Q: It didn't take long for the Vikes to find out what you can do, how did you feel out there with what you did?
    A: I felt pretty good, the coaches called some coverage's that put me in some good situations; I saw the ball and made a play on it.

Q: You had a couple of picks, not a bad huh?
    A: That's a good way to start; hopefully it will carry over into the season.

Q: What did you think of the defense overall?
    A: I think we did pretty good this morning we had a few mental errors, let the tight ends get open a few too many times, but hopefully we'll come up this afternoon and correct those things.

Q: One of the tight ends who caught one across the middle ended up getting hurt on the play, is that what happens when you catch a long one on the Vikes?
    A: Of course, we're going to make a great effort to put our helmet on some players this year.

Q: How did it feel to get out there and practice against someone other than your own teammates?
    A: It felt pretty good, not as stressful, going out there and competing with Randy Moss everyday gets a little stressful, but going out there, they (Chiefs) have some good receivers, I think their starting core is down, but still Dante Hall is a good receiver and it's a good challenge for us.

Q: What's next, what do you need to accomplish right now, just take another step toward cohesiveness?
    A: I think so, we need to be a little more consistent, know our assignments and go out there and execute them.

Q: Being a new member of this secondary, how important is it to go out and have success in situations like this early?
    A: I think it's very important for my teammates to gain my trust to know I'm going to go out there each play and do the best I can.

He's Lookin good in my book! :thumbright: :rr: :thumbleft:

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Antoine Winfield!

I agree; looks like a good pickup.

We need him to perform, though. Can't waste more time and money like we did on Denard Walker last year.
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

Antoine Winfield!

Spiderman Cornerback Antoine Winfield Spiderman does whatever a spider can

Q: It didn't take long for the Vikes to find out what you can do, how did you feel out there with what you did?
    A: I felt pretty good, the coaches called some coverage's that put me in some good situations; I saw the ball and made a play on it.

It's good to see him say the coaches called some good coverage :director: but are they set up for free thinking "read and react" as well :scratch:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Antoine Winfield!

Well he proved his worth today from what i heard as the first play of scrimmage was a pick by winfield. :shock: He had two picks on the day, excellent tackling skills and some broken up passes. Hes the real deal, no more denard walker thats for sure.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Antoine Winfield!

its good to see that hes comfortable with the team , and that hes doing well.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Antoine Winfield!

A friend of mine went to see them scrimmage, she said Winfield nearly knocked Gonzo unconcious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Antoine Winfield!

I love to hear all of that, but we need him to stay healthy and do that during the regular season!! Who did he pick off, does anybody know? Was it their #1 QB or 2 or 3?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Antoine Winfield!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I love to hear all of that, but we need him to stay healthy and do that during the regular season!! Who did he pick off, does anybody know? Was it their #1 QB or 2 or 3?

It had to have been trent green, since one was on the very first play of scrimmage and I know trent green didn't sit out yesterday.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Antoine Winfield!

Well that's good!! The first play of scrimmage!! That's awesome, let's hope that happens a few times this year during the season too!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikesgirl is offline Rookie

Antoine Winfield!

Excellent! Let's hope that he keeps doing that all season long. I have been waiting to see him on the field since all the critics keep saying he is too small. I think that it was a nice pickup.
    VIKES fan for life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast