Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Antoine Winfield: 2010?s Most Complete Corner?

    I love the ref site. Wasn't long ago Caine was hacking on them. Now he is legitimizing them. LOL......Said it before, he cracks me up.

    Anyway, everyone knows my feelings on Whinny. I want my CB's to stop the pass first, sto the run second. Whinny does them the exact opposite. He's great in run support but sucks when it comes to pass coverage on the outside.

    From the now credible source.......

    I know there are some people who are only interested in coverage when it comes to a cornerback’s play, and for those people, Winfield wouldn’t be your top guy last season. That’s not to say he had a poor year in coverage, far from it, but he wasn’t our top graded player in that regard – Champ Bailey was – and what makes Winfield special is his ability to be a force in multiple areas of the game, something very rare today.
    What Leslie did with him last year was about the only thing that Leslie did smart and thats to move him to the inside as much as possible and let one of the other CB's take over duties on the outside.

    By doing that he allowed Whinny to take reps off, which I believe actually helped him in his abilities to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and it allowed him to be closer to the ball which helped him in the area of closing on the ball.

    LOL, wasn't to long ago a yutz on here came up with some sort of hairbrained discussion point (he actualy started a thread) that wondered if we should Whinny in at S. That yutz still remembers the posters who scoffed, and yet, are the posters who have been bringing that very topic up alot recently.

    I wonder if that yutz feels that that attempt at stimulating discussion, which was scoffed at like BR is, could now be now considered a "Legitimate" idea for a discussion topic......LOL.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Antoine Winfield: 2010?s Most Complete Corner?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100389
    I love the ref site. Wasn't long ago Caine was hacking on them. Now he is legitimizing them. LOL......Said it before, he cracks me up.

    Anyway, everyone knows my feelings on Whinny. I want my CB's to stop the pass first, sto the run second. Whinny does them the exact opposite. He's great in run support but sucks when it comes to pass coverage on the outside.

    From the now credible source.......

    I know there are some people who are only interested in coverage when it comes to a cornerback’s play, and for those people, Winfield wouldn’t be your top guy last season. That’s not to say he had a poor year in coverage, far from it, but he wasn’t our top graded player in that regard – Champ Bailey was – and what makes Winfield special is his ability to be a force in multiple areas of the game, something very rare today.
    What Leslie did with him last year was about the only thing that Leslie did smart and thats to move him to the inside as much as possible and let one of the other CB's take over duties on the outside.

    By doing that he allowed Whinny to take reps off, which I believe actually helped him in his abilities to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and it allowed him to be closer to the ball which helped him in the area of closing on the ball.

    LOL, wasn't to long ago a yutz on here came up with some sort of hairbrained discussion point (he actualy started a thread) that wondered if we should Whinny in at S. That yutz still remembers the posters who scoffed, and yet, are the posters who have been bringing that very topic up alot recently.

    I wonder if that yutz feels that that attempt at stimulating discussion, which was scoffed at like BR is, could now be now considered a "Legitimate" idea for a discussion topic......LOL.
    How exactly is he legitimizing them? He simply said it was a well written article. I agree. It's not full of absolute shit like alot of things I see. While claiming Winfield is the best in the league might be a stretch, it's presented well in a way that you can see his point using FACTS rather than just watching and saying "yeah, he's the best".

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Antoine Winfield: 2010?s Most Complete Corner?

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100392
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100389
    I love the ref site. Wasn't long ago Caine was hacking on them. Now he is legitimizing them. LOL......Said it before, he cracks me up.

    Anyway, everyone knows my feelings on Whinny. I want my CB's to stop the pass first, sto the run second. Whinny does them the exact opposite. He's great in run support but sucks when it comes to pass coverage on the outside.

    From the now credible source.......

    I know there are some people who are only interested in coverage when it comes to a cornerback’s play, and for those people, Winfield wouldn’t be your top guy last season. That’s not to say he had a poor year in coverage, far from it, but he wasn’t our top graded player in that regard – Champ Bailey was – and what makes Winfield special is his ability to be a force in multiple areas of the game, something very rare today.
    What Leslie did with him last year was about the only thing that Leslie did smart and thats to move him to the inside as much as possible and let one of the other CB's take over duties on the outside.

    By doing that he allowed Whinny to take reps off, which I believe actually helped him in his abilities to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and it allowed him to be closer to the ball which helped him in the area of closing on the ball.

    LOL, wasn't to long ago a yutz on here came up with some sort of hairbrained discussion point (he actualy started a thread) that wondered if we should Whinny in at S. That yutz still remembers the posters who scoffed, and yet, are the posters who have been bringing that very topic up alot recently.

    I wonder if that yutz feels that that attempt at stimulating discussion, which was scoffed at like BR is, could now be now considered a "Legitimate" idea for a discussion topic......LOL.
    How exactly is he legitimizing them? He simply said it was a well written article. I agree. It's not full of absolute shit like alot of things I see. While claiming Winfield is the best in the league might be a stretch, it's presented well in a way that you can see his point using FACTS rather than just watching and saying "yeah, he's the best".
    Because its presented well and uses stats as facts ehhhhh.

    Who is it on here who continually hacks on me for using stats (multiple times for using PFF stats) to spur on a discussion point?

    LOL, keep trying though. I give you a BR (get it BR) for your efforts. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Antoine Winfield: 2010?s Most Complete Corner?

    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100383
    Don't forget, Childress with his mandated Tampa/Cover2 defense was in charge during the slide in our run D. I realize we are getting a little long in the tooth in a few positions, but Leslie seems to a little more inclined to let the D run more aggressively than his predessor. Hopefully that will put more life in our D.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute.

    Yet another poster who says the Chiller had a hand in the defense. I thought Tomlin and ultimately Frazier were left alone to run the defense and the Chiller only meddled in the offense.

    One thing I will blame the Chiller.......Sticking with Phat Pat so long without forcing the staff to draft a eventual replacement that could have helped take reps off. Instead we get the likes of Evans (who couldn't even make it on the active game day roster) and JK, a under achieving NT that only wants to play DE.

    Our run defense has slide, as you said, because players got old, nothing more, nothing esle, unless of course you want to consider the possibility that maybe our DT's were only good because of steroids. hmy: hmy: hmy:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: Antoine Winfield: 2010?s Most Complete Corner?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100414
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100383
    Don't forget, Childress with his mandated Tampa/Cover2 defense was in charge during the slide in our run D. I realize we are getting a little long in the tooth in a few positions, but Leslie seems to a little more inclined to let the D run more aggressively than his predessor. Hopefully that will put more life in our D.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute.

    Yet another poster who says the Chiller had a hand in the defense. I thought Tomlin and ultimately Frazier were left alone to run the defense and the Chiller only meddled in the offense.

    One thing I blame the Chiller.......Sticking with Phat Pat so long without forcing the staff to draft a eventual replacement that could have helped take reps off. Instead we get the likes of Evans (who couldn't even make it on the active game day roster) and JK, a under achieving NT that only wants to play DE.

    Our run defense has slide, as you said, because players got old, nothing more, nothing esle, unless of course you want to consider the possibility that maybe our DT's were only good because of steroids. hmy: hmy: hmy:
    Easy marrdro, no need to load the 12 Guage.
    Although I didn't like Childress as our HC, I did not blame him for everything and anything that went wrong with the Vikings and our country. I think you would agree though, that with few exceptions, the head coach decides what type of offense and defense his team will run. Just because Chilly didn't name his defense as he did his KAO,doesn't mean that it wasn't his decision to run T2. I firmly believe Leslie ran the defense HIS BOSS wanted to run. As he did under Tony Dungy. It seems evident, by his willingness to move away from it so quickly when he took over, that he may feel more comfortable with a more aggressive defense. If Leslie was sold on the belief that the ccover 2 was the absolute best defense to run, that would be the defense we would still be running. ( I am assuming by what we saw and what we have read, that is not the case).
    That being said, I do think Childress had more control over draft picks and personnel acquisitions than you seem to believe. But that is a matter of opinion. Doesn't make me right, just what I have deduced in my little mind.

    And I was pretty sure I would get a rise out of you with that first sentence about mandated defense. lol
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Antoine Winfield just because
    By DCPologirl in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 04:11 PM
  2. Antoine winfield SIG!!
    By litlharsh in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
  3. Props to Antoine Winfield!
    By NeoVikesTX in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 11:12 PM
  4. Antoine Winfield has bad hands
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 11:36 PM
  5. Antoine Winfield!
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •