Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:The answer to the question no one is asking?

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I don't see the point. Either way you have only 53 spots to fill. If they do keep all 4 QB's then they will have to carry one less at another position, possibly WR(unlikely since we have a ton of talent at the position).

I would be interested in seeing Webb play a little WR in the preseason. Probably they will stick to QB for now, don't want to overwhelm the kid learning 2 positions.
    Ton of talent at the WR position? Rice is out, Harvin is questionable and still hasn't really practiced yet this year. That leaves Berrian, Walker, Lewis, Payne, Biddle, etc...seems a stretch to say we have a ton of talent at the position. We definitely seem thin once you get passed our Top 3.
    Few teams have stars past there top 3. Rice, Harvin, Berrian, WAlker, Lewis is a pretty talented 5(Walker won't fill Rice's shoes but I think he'll be okay if healthy as the 4th or 5th option).
    I agree that few teams ahve talent past their top 3...but by saying "we have a ton of talent at the position" would insinuate (at least too me) that we have more talent at WR than the average team, which I would argue we do not. ESPECIALLY considering the Rice and Harvin situation.
    I think we do have more talent than most teams. Sid being injured does not change that he is still a talent(I suppose it changes the talent we have available at the moment). I think though that we are in agreement on my original point which was that we will not carry one fewer WR in order to keep a 4th QB.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:The answer to the question no one is asking?

jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I don't see the point. Either way you have only 53 spots to fill. If they do keep all 4 QB's then they will have to carry one less at another position, possibly WR(unlikely since we have a ton of talent at the position).

I would be interested in seeing Webb play a little WR in the preseason. Probably they will stick to QB for now, don't want to overwhelm the kid learning 2 positions.
    Ton of talent at the WR position? Rice is out, Harvin is questionable and still hasn't really practiced yet this year. That leaves Berrian, Walker, Lewis, Payne, Biddle, etc...seems a stretch to say we have a ton of talent at the position. We definitely seem thin once you get passed our Top 3.
    Few teams have stars past there top 3. Rice, Harvin, Berrian, WAlker, Lewis is a pretty talented 5(Walker won't fill Rice's shoes but I think he'll be okay if healthy as the 4th or 5th option).
    I agree that few teams ahve talent past their top 3...but by saying "we have a ton of talent at the position" would insinuate (at least too me) that we have more talent at WR than the average team, which I would argue we do not. ESPECIALLY considering the Rice and Harvin situation.
    I think we do have more talent than most teams. Sid being injured does not change that he is still a talent(I suppose it changes the talent we have available at the moment). I think though that we are in agreement on my original point which was that we will not carry one fewer WR in order to keep a 4th QB.
    The WR talent level for the Vikings is definitely debatable. I don't know if I would go as far to say we have better talent than average, but either stance isn't preposterous.

I thought the original point was that Webb should move to WR since we are thin with injury, which would allow the Vikings to keep both Tjack and Sage as backups.

Either way the end result is the same (53 man roster)...which was your point and I do agree with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12