Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Another Vikings Bashing

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    The Viking's are trying to get approval for a new stadium, and it is a very precarious situation and in the last 3 weeks we have had a viking driving drunk doing over 100 miles an hour and leading police on a high speed chase for 12 miles.

Then a week later we have Smith cited for having sex in a stairwell in a downtown bar that is located on block E which was the most notorious block in all of Minnesota, on any given night you could die on that block.
    The tax payers of Minnesota paid millions of dollars to revitalize that area because it was so bad and this has been within the last 5 years.
    This maybe lost on some of the average citizens but will not be lost on the people that have to approve the stadium and the tax increase that are needed to build a new Viking stadium.

All this coming off the Tice scalping incident, the whizzinator, the Kevin williams domestic dispute with his wife where a knife was involved, the boat cruise and Willie Offord DUI arrest and more that I can't remember.
    That is a lot of negative publicity for a team in 1 year, and it sure doesn't help generate community support for spending over a half a Billion dollars on a new stadium.

These players need to realize that they have to make better decision's and keep stuff out of the public eye, especially after the Viking's have spent millions on advertising to garner support for the stadium by trying to create a better image of the Viking's and have these players throw all that away, because they don't think.

I'm not buying the stadium angle anymore. They dealt with the boat
    scandle, they have dealt with K.Robinson.

pooh happens that's a given. How they handle it is what should matter to the people of Minnesota. Wilf is going to get a stadium built in Minnesota. Regardless of Dwight Smith getting busy in an alley.

Maybe!

minimum word beater.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Roughly a vat of alcohol in his system? His blood alcohol content was lower than the legal limit in some states! That's misrepresentation if I've ever seen it.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS (8-8)=

Strengths: Wisely, new owner Zygi Wilf changed things from top to bottom, and new coach Brad Childress will bring some imagination back to the offense. QB Brad Johnson is efficient and intelligent, and WR Troy Williamson might be ready to break out. Adding G Steve Hutchinson was brilliant; he's the best in the NFL at the position. The secondary has some ballhawks.

Weaknesses: The linebacking is mediocre and could pull down the entire defense. With the release of troubled Koren Robinson, there is no proven wideout and it's uncertain who will emerge as the top running back. Johnson can't get hurt. Despite Wilf's efforts, this is a team that still has off-field problems.

Player to watch: Williamson, the speedy receiver Minnesotans have hoped would make Randy Moss a distant memory.

Why they will finish first: Best of a bad lot.
    That was from Yahoo Sports.
    Im not so sure that Johnson CANT get hurt.
    I think we would be alright, dont you?

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

That Yahoo! Sports prediction is probably the most realistic I've seen of any so far.. Kudos to them.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Roughly a vat of alcohol in his system? His blood alcohol content was lower than the legal limit in some states! That's misrepresentation if I've ever seen it.
    I believe all states are now .08,
    Minnesota was one of the last states to do it and if they
    didn't switch over they lost their share of the Federal highway funds.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123