Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Another Pep Update..

Vikings | Culpepper slimming down; recovering well
    Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:10:44 -0800

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) weighed 266 pounds when he suffered his season-ending knee injury last season. Thursday, Jan. 12, , Culpepper was at Winter Park and he weighed 252, an indication that he is going to play next year at least 20 pounds lighter. Dr. Dave Fischer and head trainer Chuck Barta checked out Culpepper's knee and the conclusion of the two was that Culpepper is right on schedule rehabilitating the knee and there is a good chance he will be ready to do some things, not everything, at training camp, and maybe be ready for the regular season opener.

Alot of people already knew about him slimming down.. In case you didn't there it is again..

And it says he may be ready for the season opener while most people think it would be half way through the season.. He should be ready for training camp to do some stuff so that's a plus!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Another Pep Update..

That sounds like good news but I'll believe it when I see him on the field.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

I'm guessing he will be in by week 6, depending on when the bye week is.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Was he really that overweight or is he losing muscle mass from sitting around?

I guess I don't really understand the upside.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think the less weight he carries on his knees (to a point) will help him.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

nananananan... "Daunte Culpepper, Quarterback - A man barely alive . . . Gentlemen, we can rebuild him . . . we have the technology. We have the capability to make him the Super Bowl MVP. Daunte Culpepper will be that man. Better than he was before, Stronger, Faster . . ."

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

In today's paper it also said that Daunte has not yet met with Childress, that Childress said he knew that Daunte was in town but that he had not yet seen him.

I do not know if they mean that Daunte was avoiding winter park and that Childress was waiting for him to show up there, or if Childress has not contacted him about a specific time to meet. Hope that they can come to terms with Daunte and get everybody on the same page.]

As far as Daunte's weight he had gotten heavier over the last few years and probably should drop a few pounds.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"whackthepack" wrote:
    In today's paper it also said that Daunte has not yet met with Childress, that Childress said he knew that Daunte was in town but that he had not yet seen him.

I do not know if they mean that Daunte was avoiding winter park and that Childress was waiting for him to show up there, or if Childress has not contacted him about a specific time to meet. Hope that they can come to terms with Daunte and get everybody on the same page.]

As far as Daunte's weight he had gotten heavier over the last few years and probably should drop a few pounds.

They are meeting on Wednesday and have already arranged it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im predicting he will be back by week 3.. Maybe even before.. He's a fast healer and a tough guy.. he will play through it

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Alot of people already knew about him slimming down.. In case you didn't there it is again..

And it says he may be ready for the season opener while most people think it would be half way through the season.. He should be ready for training camp to do some stuff so that's a plus!
    Thanks for the update Vikez4Lyfe!

He doesn't need the extra weight.

No fear...... DC is almost here.

The worst thing he could do is try to hard and set himself back. He needs to follow the trainers instructions to a T and he will be back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast