Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Another moron's opinion about our Vikes

Week 4 rundown: Vikings face tough Vick test

Michael Tanier / Special to FOXSports.com

After the Vikings started the season 0-2, Mike Tice said his team lacked "swagger."

While the NFL mulled the possibility of adding a three-cone swagger drill to the scouting combine, Tice took action. He signed troubled WR Koren Robinson, who is sort of a discount-coupon Randy Moss. Robinson didn't play much against the Saints, but his swagger surely helped the Vikings coast to a 33-16 win.

After the game, two Vikings linemen were arrested in an altercation at a gas station. Any sissy can get tossed out of a bar; it takes a real tough guy to swagger up to the pumps looking for trouble.

Tice isn't done. As part of his coaching-staff shakeup, he has taken away play-calling duties from offensive coordinator Steve Loney and given them to Samuel L. Jackson. Nobody's got more swagger than Jackson.

Games You Will Watch

Vikings at Falcons: A lot of people were pointing fingers at Loney and Daunte Culpepper after Weeks 1 and 2; even Tice played the blame game (great leadership, coach). Somehow, the Vikings defense got a free pass, even though the Bengals scored on five of their first six possessions in Week 2 while Cadillac Williams ran wild in Week 1.

Against the Saints, the defense and special teams forced some turnovers in Saints territory, the Vikings offense capitalized, and all of the team's problems were solved quicker than you can say "Mewelde Moore."

So Tice has found the secret to winning: beat a bad team on a season-long road trip when they are coming off a Monday Night loss. It's a shame you can't bottle that formula.

The Falcons won't roll over so quickly. They run the ball very well. Their interior offensive line is solid. Their defense has trouble with power running teams, but they apply a lot of pressure. The Vikings aren't a power running team.

And of course there's that Vick guy, who is still about as accurate as the five-day forecast but can kill a defense that rolls up to stop RBs Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett.

Next week, Tice will be looking for a new scapegoat. Maybe he should heed some advice from Dire Straits: "When you point your finger 'cuz your plan fell through, you got three more fingers pointin' back at you."

============================================

While his football insight may been keen, he should stop trying to be a comedian. He sucks at it. Mike Tice has never been a man to point fingers, he just tells it as it is. And as I posted earlier, many people are amazed that Johnson and McKinnie were arrested. The charges should undoubtedly be dropped. And his take on the Vikings win? We were just lucky that we played the Saints.

This guy's a loon, and a Vike hater. We will see a lot more of it, unfortunately, until we get back to playing quality ball on a consistent basis. Until then, these jerks will still write this kind of garbage.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Prophet Guest

Re: Another silly guy's opinion about our Vikes

Yeah, we will see more of it until they beat reputable teams and play with consistency.

There aren't many people on earth that believe Tice has what it takes to be a successful HC in the NFL because he hasn't given any proof that he has that potential..

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"After the game, two Vikings linemen were arrested in an altercation at a gas station. Any sissy can get tossed out of a bar; it takes a real tough guy to swagger up to the pumps looking for trouble."

Takes an even tougher guy to become a sportswriter and take potshots at athletes that got all the girls in his high school...while he stayed home and jerked off to pictures in National Geographic! Probably another pathetic wannabe from Bahston!!! Go home to your mamma, you Viking hating titty-baby!

P.S. Cadillac didn't "run wild"...he got a 70-yard gimme at the end of the game...otherwise he only ran for about 70 yards.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

man funk what that guy says,....I dont fear atlanta. I just dont. Without vick thier nothin, plain and simple.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

lol i just noticed you're new title WoT. congratulations.

i fear the falcons running game, plain and simple. doesn't matter if it's Dunn Vick or Ducket they all can run good

Thanks Josdin

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Whatever, i agree with prophet that we need to beat better teams to get some respect. Starting with atlanta.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya you have to respect thier ground game...but when you contain vick and force a one deminsional game outta them, then you beat them. Winning the game comes bye shutting down Ron Mexico.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Another moron's opinion about our Vikes

What a dumb A**!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Well, I guess this means we'll be the vicktors this coming sunday, 2-2, after that negative talk.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

the guy is trying to make the truth funny,

sometimes, the truth just isn't funny.

He actually is manipulating the underlying truth to his liking, that isn't funny either, that is modern journalism.

Basically, he says "I don't like TICE and I think he is a lousy coach." "I don't like the Vikings and don't believe they will beat ATL." "I don't think Vick is a good QB but he is good enough to beat the Vikings, because the Vikes will get out coached and out played." He could have left all that other crap out.

We hold our own fate in our hands, this game still won't make or break our season, but it will buy us a little bit of respect back if we win.

It would be nice to have the head to head over the Falcons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast