Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 111
  1. #101
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    The crazy thing about when this comes out every week is that i swear i tried to buy tickets on ticketmaster for just about every game on the day they were released and there was nothing. It ended up being ok for me because of all the people who are selling them now for less than 1/2 of face value. I think that shows what the problem is though...not enough people who have tickets are actually going to the game so there are way too many available for resale.
    Thats very true, its a big reason why we've had these blackout issues


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #102
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    You're right.
    I agree that the best view is from my couch, but we don't go for the view, we go for the atmosphere, which is incomparable.
    While I've never lost my voice from my couch, I never leave a game with a voice, and I don't get it back until the next day.


    We go to add our support to the team - it makes you feel good to see the opposing QB trying to call an audible and the receivers just have no clue what he's saying, or the OL jumping because they can't hear the QB.

    I think the problem with attendance is... 1). we've been under .500 two consecutive seasons,
    2). the great majority of fans prefer the view from their couch, 3). It's cheaper, and less hassle to watch from your couch, and 4). people are just spoiled by having the games on TV for 10 consecutive years.
    They don't know any better, and don't care to change.
    It's great that our TV numbers have never been better, but the couch sitters (at least those in the local market) need to give a little more support to their team.
    Thats a big one, i finally got to go to my first game this season, which happened to be vs San Diego with perfect seats btw.
    The game atmosphere is crazy, i'm not an emotion person when i'm watching the game from my couch, granted i won't let people talk during it if all they do is beeyatch lol.
    I've been to a preseason game last season, but even that is NOTHING compared to that game.
    So much fun...
    definitely ... nothing beats the live experience of being at a game. I guess we've been
    used to having reasonable hope each season for the last few years, that and good players will always bring the fans in. Unfortunately this season hasn't inspired a lot of the fanbase though the signs are that
    we are starting to get some players on offense starting to shine. So hopefully this blackout issue will vanish after this year.
    I'm like Skol, the longer for my voice to come back after a game then the better the game has been

    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #103
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #104
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "singersp" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P
    For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
    ;D

    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+U rinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&categor y=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}

  5. #105
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P
    For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
    ;D

    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+U rinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&categor y=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}
    Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #106
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P
    For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
    ;D

    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+U rinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&categor y=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}
    Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.
    They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fucking hate those, i hold it.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #107
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P
    For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
    ;D

    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+U rinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&categor y=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}
    Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.
    They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fricken hate those, i hold it.
    They must put four of them together?
    I always thought it was just one long trough, but I guess I never looked close enough at it.
    I'm usually looking straight ahead... I wouldn't want to get caught looking sideways, then I'd have to explain that I'm just admiring the trough.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  8. #108
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    haha exactly, i dont like glancing anywhere in there, considering theres like 5 guys to each side of you.
    At times i'll wait for a stall since i have extremely good periferial vision


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  9. #109
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    "SKOL" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=happy camper link=topic=40084.msg682700#msg682700 date=1196455178]
    Do you think if the Vikings had a great stadium and atmosphere, this wouldn't be a problem?

    I honestly think the best seat in the house is from my house.
    Hell, I go for the atmosphere now.

    In fact I plan on installing a 6ft trough in my bathroom.
    :P
    For just $1584.95 you can instal a 3ft one
    ;D

    http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=null&module=Commercial+U rinals&item=301102&prod_num=5055&section=3&categor y=30&id=ost&ppcde={ID}
    Too nice of one. I wan't a 6ft. tin one like at the dome.
    They're only 6ft long? is there like two per bathroom..? I don't remember, i just remember them being long.. i fricken hate those, i hold it.
    They must put four of them together?
    I always thought it was just one long trough, but I guess I never looked close enough at it.
    I'm usually looking straight ahead... I wouldn't want to get caught looking sideways, then I'd have to explain that I'm just admiring the trough.

    [/quote]

    It is one long trough. I said I want a 6ft. one because that's the length of my bathroom.

    Obviously a 25-30 footer wouldn't fit.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #110
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Another blacout looms - Vikings could go dark on Sunday

    [size=13pt]Blackout averted again, and other Friday notes[/size]

    November 30th, 2007 – 1:13 PM
    by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com



    Three corporate sponsors have combined to purchase the remaining 2,100 tickets for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions, officially making the game a sellout and allowing it to be broadcast locally on KMSP (Ch.9)....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trial looms for former Viking Ted Brown
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 08:37 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 05:45 AM
  3. Vikings stadium looms over vote for board
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 10:52 AM
  4. Love Boat dilemma looms for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 04:42 AM
  5. Minnesota Vikings: Dark Horse of the Playoffs?
    By Freya in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •