Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    vwo32 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    37

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I'm a life long viking fan but this is ridiculous...give me a break!

    As much as i dislike GB, Favre is "THE MAN" and for good reason...Until yesterday he was 34-0 with starting temps under 34degrees like 13-1 at home in the playoffs, 33 comeback wins and you name whatelse.

    IF we could have confidence in PEp the way we are scared of Favre Minny would be the best team in the NFL.

    You can never count a Favre team out....

    as many mistakes as they had yesterday they still lost by 3 and had a chance to win the game if they got that onside kick....He threw like 3 picks in the second half and GB's defense sucks!!!

    C'mon the announcers could be on his nutz but for good reason...he's the best at comeback wins in the league...history aside from that guy named ELway...

    and you must admit his consecutive starts streak is unprecedented...

    As football fans "YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE"

    Favre deserves the credit he gets...Bottom LIne!!!
    I'll tell you what, I have a lot more confidence in Pepp, than I would in Favre. Favre has done some great things, but what I don't like is when they can turn anything he does into a great thing. You are even trying to speak highly of his 3 INT day yesterday. Favre cost the Packers that game with some terrible throws. We don't fear Favre as you like to say, hell he has handed us a bunch of wins in the dome over the years. At times he is the only QB that has made our defense look good in recent years.
    His streak might be impressive, but whats it really say other than he's been able to avoid injury. He doesn't mean he's doing great things while he's in there. I'm sure there have been some games at the Metrodome where Packer fans rather had him not starting.

  2. #12
    Del Rio Guest

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I hate the guy (because he's a packer) but I still respect him and I don't think he would fake injury!

    Just like he wouldn't give up a sack record intentionally

  3. #13
    wv__viking__fan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    163

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    What I hate more than anything, is having to hear about him when the packers are not even playing. Can't you find something about the game in progress to talk about. These announcers are professionals, stop using Favre to fill dead air. Cause that is what they are doing.

    Brett = Dead air filler.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

  4. #14
    rjkvikings's Avatar
    rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    500

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "wv__viking__fan" wrote:
    What I hate more than anything, is having to hear about him when the packers are not even playing. Can't you find something about the game in progress to talk about. These announcers are professionals, stop using Favre to fill dead air. Cause that is what they are doing.

    Brett = Dead air filler.
    That is one of the things that pisses me off the most about it. Even I could find something else to talk about when Favre isn't in the game, and I suck at speaking.

  5. #15
    Biggs's Avatar
    Biggs is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    77

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "vwo32" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I'm a life long viking fan but this is ridiculous...give me a break!

    As much as i dislike GB, Favre is "THE MAN" and for good reason...Until yesterday he was 34-0 with starting temps under 34degrees like 13-1 at home in the playoffs, 33 comeback wins and you name whatelse.

    IF we could have confidence in PEp the way we are scared of Favre Minny would be the best team in the NFL.

    You can never count a Favre team out....

    as many mistakes as they had yesterday they still lost by 3 and had a chance to win the game if they got that onside kick....He threw like 3 picks in the second half and GB's defense sucks!!!

    C'mon the announcers could be on his nutz but for good reason...he's the best at comeback wins in the league...history aside from that guy named ELway...

    and you must admit his consecutive starts streak is unprecedented...

    As football fans "YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE"

    Favre deserves the credit he gets...Bottom LIne!!!
    I'll tell you what, I have a lot more confidence in Pepp, than I would in Favre. Favre has done some great things, but what I don't like is when they can turn anything he does into a great thing. You are even trying to speak highly of his 3 INT day yesterday. Favre cost the Packers that game with some terrible throws. We don't fear Favre as you like to say, hell he has handed us a bunch of wins in the dome over the years. At times he is the only QB that has made our defense look good in recent years.
    His streak might be impressive, but whats it really say other than he's been able to avoid injury. He doesn't mean he's doing great things while he's in there. I'm sure there have been some games at the Metrodome where Packer fans rather had him not starting.
    This IS the media we are talking about!!!!

    They did it with Montana and the Cowboys fans hated it!
    They did it with Larry Bird and the Lakers fans hated it!
    They did it with Majic Johnson and the Celtics fans hated it!
    They do it with Favre and all of you viking fans hate it.

    IF they did it with Pepp all of us Packer fans would hate it.

    It is the nature of the game. Overhyping something...anything...is what the media does best. I hate the ballwashing as much as the next guy but I dont overreact to it because there is nothing I can do about it. I was just as fed up with the overhype of the Favre performance last year after his father died as most of you were. But let's be honest here. If he was not doing somthing extraordianary...the media would drop him like a good crap for the next "Big Thing" coming down the pike (see Ben Roethlisberger). When Favre retires (as they have already started to do with more frequency) they will switch their attention to Peyton Manning. You don't have to like it but you do have to accept it as a reality. When Moss is at the top of his game, the ballwashing will move to him.

    That's all for now! here's to the 2004 NFC Champion Green Bay Packers. December 24th is all that matters...until Decenber 25th!!
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

    "Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

    "behold the power of cheese!"

  6. #16
    cheesefree is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    242

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I hate the guy (because he's a packer) but I still respect him and I don't think he would fake injury!

    Just like he wouldn't give up a sack record intentionally
    I lost any and all respect for Favre that day. Gastineau was robbed. Everybody saw him fall down and give Strahan the record. And then the stupid hayseed lies about it.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

  7. #17
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,607

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    I'm so sad I'll miss the media love fest on favre... ok... no I'm not

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    Behold the power of cheese??? FART POWER...that is about all the power that cheese has!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    "vwo32" wrote:
    I can't wait to see how bad the announcers kiss Brett Favre's ass this Friday. They can make him sound like superman for anything that he does. If Culpepper made some of the bad throws and decisions that Favre does the announcers would be all over him, but they won't say a bad thing about Favre, no matter how crappy he's playing. I love how Favre will grimace in pain at any hit he takes, just so the announcers will talk about what a Warrior he is. Any time someone does hit Favre he flips out and acts all tough, knowing full well that his O-Line will all be there to fight his battle for him. If it was any other QB the announcers would talk about what a hot head he is and how he is letting his emotions get the best of him, but with Favre they go on and on about what a competitor he is. It makes me sick. I hope he stinks it up in the dome like he almost always does.
    You called it right the announcers will be full of Bretts manhood in their mouth!
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  10. #20
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Announcers kissing Favre's A$$

    I won't have to listen to the anouncers, I will be at the Dome.

    Thank God!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. French Kissing is Dangerous
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 12:26 PM
  2. Ex-Principal Accused of Kissing Feet
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
  3. Kissing Test
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
  4. the nfl network is kissing..
    By zzbudzz in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 04:24 AM
  5. MNF Announcers
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •