Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

ANNC: NFL Games Live Via Web Available

In case you have not heard, the NFL has announced a new partnership with Yahoo to offer overseas fans the ability to watch games live!!

This is for all fans outside North America and will be great for all our overseas Vikings fans!

Press Release attached.
    We are glad to break this news for you guys over the pond.

[file name=NFL%20and%20Yahoo!.pdf size=449278]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/NFL%20and%20Yahoo!.pdf[/file]

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: ANNC: NFL Games Live Via Web Available

Way too expensive.. 250$ for a season.. thats sick..MLB is not near that price

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries

Its about what DirectTV Season Ticket costs for folks in the states that want to see the game if they aren't local.

Ain't cheap.
    Nothing in the NFL is.
    But $25 for the MN/GB game, I can see that for sure!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Nobody'll use it if they know/trust StreamTV, but I applaud the NFL and Yahoo! for creating this service. This is only a small step, but it's a step in the right direction if the NFL wants to expand its international presence. It also helps that games on Sundays, that are on at midday (central) and 1pm (eastern) in the States means that in our timezone, the game kicks off at 6pm for us in England. That's great timing for us. However, it rules out the evening games and Monday Night Football for all but the hardcore fans (like myself ) because it requires staying up til about 4am to watch an entire MNF game. But I digress..

I'll stick with StreamTV thanks.. Paying only €3 a month and I get to choose any NFL game and any other match that is requested. For example, I'm watching Penn State at Notre Dame right now.

Blog Entries

Should also note, that games are taped so you can watch them later, in case of late night stuff like Monday night football.

Stream TV is great, maybe legal, but isn't taking new members.
    Grrrr!

I tried to sign up but the link was down.

(I should note, I don't have any horse in any race....just spreading the options.
    I worry about Stream TV and promoting it in case I get sued.
    )

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:

Skum, I don't understand.

I think it's a very resonable price, that is if your a die hard fan and really need your weekly game fix....

Up till last year, I was watching Vikings games at a local sports bar that had the Direct TV Package for all NFL Games.......

It was getting harder and harder to be away from the home on Sundays
    with my (then) 4 year old son at home and the fact I had to explain to my wife that a half dozen drinks and food at the bar during the game, easily cost me $40 every Sunday...

Thats over $500 per season to watch my Vikings at a local pub.....Being from Connecticut,USA....I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 games a season on National TV or TNT or some other station.

I had Direct TV installed and pay $200 for the NFL PASS......Now I get to stay home with my son and wife, who both enjoy watching the Vikings games with me. We usually grill up some nice steaks or make a nice Sunday Dinner for us all and the beer is cheap from the local packy...

Not only do I save a hell of a lot more money yearly now, but it's nice to be home with the family and indulge in some fine home cooked meals, and best part is, Kicking back in my comfortable couch and watching the Vikings every time they play...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

I think it's a very resonable price, that is if your a die hard fan and really need your weekly game fix....

Up till last year, I was watching Vikings games at a local sports bar that had the Direct TV Package for all NFL Games.......

with my (then) 4 year old son at home and the fact I had to explain to my wife that a half dozen drinks and food at the bar during the game, easily cost me $40 every Sunday...

Thats over $500 per season to watch my Vikings at a local pub.....Being from Connecticut,USA....I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 games a season on National TV or TNT or some other station.

I had Direct TV installed and pay $200 for the NFL PASS......Now I get to stay home with my son and wife, who both enjoy watching the Vikings games with me. We usually grill up some nice steaks or make a nice Sunday Dinner for us all and the beer is cheap from the local packy...

Not only do I save a hell of a lot more money yearly now, but it's nice to be home with the family and indulge in some fine home cooked meals, and best part is, Kicking back in my comfortable couch and watching the Vikings every time they play...

Thanks for installing the web cam by your couch too.
    It really helps with the gameday experience for all of us fans when streamed live here.
    The half time show
    really is something.
    You think Janet bared it all.........

:P

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

it's a lot of football, who knows maybe i'd go in just to see
    some of hte games i might miss. but, we'll have to see how Stv does.

so far i'm very happy.

DiGiTaL

btw thanx 4 the heads up webby

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

Thanks for installing the web cam by your couch too.

It really helps with the gameday experience for all of us fans when streamed live here.

The half time show
    really is something.

You think Janet bared it all.........

:P
    I never thought of that webby, do you think they would get a decent picture if I did that...Set the cam up so it would catch my TV and then they could log onto my yahoo messenger and I could let them view my web cam....

I wonder what the picture would look like to them?....I might just have to try it for our over the pond friends and those who don't get games around their place....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"skum" wrote:
    16 games for $250.00 = $15.63 USD

Doesn't seem that expensive to me . . .

It is the VIKINGS ya know!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast