Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Angry Vikings blast stadium commission resolution - Will not renew lease

I have always used "Puker" as a semi-subtle-signal that 'ol dfoster just might be throwin' up some tongue-in-cheek stuff Marr.
    Go back and look someday.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Some of my favorite stats:
    http://www.minnesotamomentum.com/getthefacts.csp

The economic activity from a new stadium will generate over $32 million per year in tax revenue, which includes the $18 million annually generated by the Vikings.
    Minnesota Vikings Paid More Than $18 Million In Taxes In 2008

Direct Fiscal Impact To Minnesota (2008)
    Taxes
    * Property Tax - $240,000
    * State Tax Withholding on Players and Staff - $10,857,000
    * Sales Tax on Tickets and Merchandise - $2,755,000
    * Admission Tax – MSFC - $4,305,000
    SubTotal -- $18,157,000 ^
    Even if we JUST take the $18 million in direct fiscal impact to Minnesota, that would be enough to pay for a $250 million loan at 5.5% interest over 25 years.
    I don't see why the state can't commit to that kind of amount, since it is money they LITERALLY would not have if the Vikings left.
    And let's face it, as the salary cap continues to go up (as it has every single year since it was introduced), the direct financial impact will only get larger.
    If we used the $32 million figure, that equates to a $450 million loan over 25 years.

[size=10pt]Take the roof off from it to save $200 million (with an option to put one on later), [/size] and split the cost evenly between the Vikings and the State.
    It is the fairest way to pay for it IMHO.
    That is an interesting idea and I believe that is the first time I've heard that mentioned.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    LA is not committing a single penny of public money, that stadium is being paid for completely privately. This tells me that LA is not willing to invest public money, if they were any investor would be willing to take it.
    That is not entirely true.
    The city of Industry is spending approximately $40 million over the next 25 years for the stadium, not including any infrastructure updates that they have to make (and there are a considerable amount that need to be done).
    That $40 goes to a legal settlement with the city of Diamond Bar that pays for $21 million upfront for infrastructure updates in Diamond Bar and $700k every year that the facility is open.
    It is expected that it will cost the city of Industry around $80million in public money.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    LA is not committing a single penny of public money, that stadium is being paid for completely privately. This tells me that LA is not willing to invest public money, if they were any investor would be willing to take it.
    The city of Industry is spending approximately $40 million over the next 25 years for the stadium, not including any infrastructure updates that they have to make (and there are a considerable amount that need to be done).
    That $40 goes to a legal settlement with the city of Diamond Bar that pays for $21 million upfront for infrastructure updates in Diamond Bar and $700k every year that the facility is open.
    It is expected that it will cost the city of Industry around $80million in public money.
    If the CITY of Industry can fork over 80 million, the state of Minnesota should be able to come up with at least $240M.
    Especially considering the revenue numbers you posted.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    The city of Industry is a corporation that is owned by the residence, which are all businesses. That $80 million in reality is much closer to private financing than public money in the way we think of it. I don't see the state kicking in any money.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I actually plan on moving to Cali in the future

LA works for me

Texas Viking is offline Starter

If you want to see how it’s done, just ask Jerry Jones and the sweet deal he worked out here.
    Out of the budget for the new billion dollar Cowboys stadium the city's contribution is $325 million and the county's portion is $25 million.
    Road construction is everywhere as they tear up them up making new ramps.
    Even the Arlington police force sports silver stars on their doors now.

If Minnesota wants to keep the Vikings they better start doing something about it.
    How sad would it be losing the Vikes, a football tradition that began with the 1923 - 1927 Duluth Kelleys/Eskimos.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I have been following this stadium BS since its onset in '93. This isn't something new and precisely rather old.
    This should have been done a long time ago. Even the Dome isn't built to the specifications in which we Minnesotans paid for. They sort of promised us a palace but gave us a tea cup with a lid on it.
    Yes, we have had World Series, Super Bowls and Final Fours there but no it wasn't built the way even other stadiums in the early 80's were. Most of those stadiums in the early 80's were either junked or renovated
    Aka Soldier Field and Lamblow were renovated but the Silverdome imploded.

Now, now that we are in all this mess economically and furthermore completely screwed in revenue sharing since they won't vote "yes" on that the state has no choice but to bring this to the capitol and Save the Vikings.

This shouldn't have been an issue now. Now it is and in order to save the Vikings a MN tax law will need to go in effect or Wilf is going to move us to a place, Probably LA, to make his franchise.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I just think it's sad that damn near every other stadium in the country in the last 10 years or more has been built with public money...yet we're too fucking cheap here in MN to do the same.
    The NFL is a power house...a luxury.
    You want them in your town then you pay.
    Some rich folk now even going as far as to build their own stadium in order to get an NFL team (see L.A.).
    There is no reason why MN shouldn't be able to do the same.
    Or is our fan base really that fickle?

See Detroit, Green Bay, and Chicago (these just in our own back yard)- All were built or significantly renovated with public money in recent years.
    Government officials in these states saw the economic and social benefit of keeping the teams local, yet our wack job politicians here in MN can't do the same.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast