kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Andy Reid for OC

Purely hypothetical but it appears that Reid is on his way out the door. If he is fired, what do you think of the chances we offer him the OC job. I know he is allergic to running the ball at time but I believe his ability to turn average to good Qbs into bonafide talents is well documented. I believe that pairing him with a back on the level of Peterson would force him to be more balanced and make our offense better. If we keep Ponder, I think Reid might be the only one that could seriously turn this guy into a QB who routinely throws for more than 75 yards a game.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what I think.

Reid likes a strong pass attack, and we're simply not built for that. We don't have the tools the Eagles have at receiver to do half of what they've done the past 10+ years.

If he can get Ponder to pull his head out of his ass and play ball like he can, then sure, I'm all for it. I just don't know that he's the best fit. I'm tired of Eagles castaways.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My ideal OC would be Norv Turner. He's proven as a decent OC. He's had similar tools to work with. A QB without a giant arm, a strong run game, a big TE. Our WR's aren't up to par, but I think he can get it to work.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Andy Reid for OC

Interesting...Reid is on his way out the door for a myriad of reasons. However, the giant bet he made on Vick is #1. Is this a campaign to reunite Vick and Reid in Minnesota?

I vote "no" on both ballots.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I am sick of getting Eagles castoffs. I don't want their coaches or their washed up QBs. Been there done that.

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I know he is allergic to running the ball at time but I believe his ability to turn average to good Qbs into bonafide talents is well documented.
    It is? What average QB's has he turned into bonafide talent? Other than McNabb, who we ousted a year ago, he's only had 3 other QB's start for him for 7 games or more.

1. Doug Pederson, who was in his 5th year when they acquired him & he lasted 1 season with them after an astounding 2-7 record, 52% completion. 9 TD's in his 17 starts after joining Philly.

2. Mike McMahon (WHO?) 2-5 record & 45% completion in his 1 year with Philly which killed his NFL career. 5 TD's.

3. Michael Vick, who was a star before the Eagles ever signed him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"