Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    norsefan1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    80

    Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    Brad Childress does seem very stubborn in his ways.
    At this point in his year and a half tenure do you think he should fire Darrel Bevell?

    I hope that his allegiance to the ways of Andy Reid, and the Mormon influence that is gaining on the Philadelphia Eagles roster is not that important here. With this weeks signing of Koy Detmer, and a core group of Vikings Coaches ( Offensive Coordinator, OL, Asst. DB ) that are all either Mormon or have extensive background in the Northern Arizona - Utah belt; is something up here?

    It is definitely not the majority of the players and coaches; I just wonder if there is a concerted effort to keep/ expand the amount of Mormons on the roster?
    There are many good quality charcteristics of many Mormons; that is not the issue. I am simply asking is that does there seem to be a desire on behalf of Brad Childress to bring in more Mormons BECAUSE they are Mormons?

    In each of those positions we are getting KILLED.

    IF Brad Childress stays on for another year should we expect changes to include more ex-Northern Arizona, Colorado, Utah, BYU Coaches and players?

    I now live WAY away from the Twin Cities, and I have never heard this mentioned.
    Any news on this up there?

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?


  3. #3
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    Not a word of this has been mentioned in the local media because they are a bunch of jerks but far classier than you to bring religion into the coaching situation.
    I'll be you hate Romney, too.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  4. #4
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    Mormons, Jews, Hindus, Arabs, Canadians, Fat chicks or Martians. I don't care which of the previously mentioned groups join our coaching staff as long as they win!

  5. #5
    norsefan1 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    80

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    In reply to the earlier reference to Mitt Romney; I would vote for him if he was the candidate.

    I also DO understand Brad Childress / Any Reid's background at Northern Arizona University together.

    I was simply asking IF there is a perception that there is a plan of Brad Childress' to bring in more Mormons mainly because they are Mormon?

    That is not saying anything BAD about Mormons. Just asking if their is some undue allegiance. This comes to mind for me because it appears that after a year and a half that the areas that Darrel Bevell, and others from the Northern Arizona pipeline are Coaching are our areas of hurt.

  6. #6
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    WTF ? Is Childress Mormon ? I don't get this thread at all.

  7. #7
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    "norsefan1" wrote:
    In reply to the earlier reference to Mitt Romney; I would vote for him if he was the candidate.

    I also DO understand Brad Childress / Any Reid's background at Northern Arizona University together.

    I was simply asking IF there is a perception that there is a plan of Brad Childress' to bring in more Mormons mainly because they are Mormon?

    That is not saying anything BAD about Mormons. Just asking if their is some undue allegiance. This comes to mind for me because it appears that after a year and a half that the areas that Darrel Bevell, and others from the Northern Arizona pipeline are Coaching are our areas of hurt.
    I am asking, in all seriousness, did you bang your head on the TV during the game?

    I am all for fun conspiracy theories, but this one is a stretch....as they say in Garage Logic: amateur linking!

    I don't care if Childress was gay and decided to enforce a tutu policy and pregame Boy George jams as long as it helped us win.

  8. #8
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    "Webby" wrote:
    "norsefan1" wrote:
    In reply to the earlier reference to Mitt Romney; I would vote for him if he was the candidate.

    I also DO understand Brad Childress / Any Reid's background at Northern Arizona University together.

    I was simply asking IF there is a perception that there is a plan of Brad Childress' to bring in more Mormons mainly because they are Mormon?

    That is not saying anything BAD about Mormons. Just asking if their is some undue allegiance. This comes to mind for me because it appears that after a year and a half that the areas that Darrel Bevell, and others from the Northern Arizona pipeline are Coaching are our areas of hurt.
    I am asking, in all seriousness, did you bang your head on the TV during the game?

    I am all for fun conspiracy theories, but this one is a stretch....as they say in Garage Logic: amateur linking!

    I don't care if Childress was gay and decided to enforce a tutu policy and pregame Boy George jams as long as it helped us win.
    i dont know thats a little much
    :P

    Thanks josdin00

  9. #9
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "norsefan1" wrote:
    In reply to the earlier reference to Mitt Romney; I would vote for him if he was the candidate.

    I also DO understand Brad Childress / Any Reid's background at Northern Arizona University together.

    I was simply asking IF there is a perception that there is a plan of Brad Childress' to bring in more Mormons mainly because they are Mormon?

    That is not saying anything BAD about Mormons. Just asking if their is some undue allegiance. This comes to mind for me because it appears that after a year and a half that the areas that Darrel Bevell, and others from the Northern Arizona pipeline are Coaching are our areas of hurt.
    I am asking, in all seriousness, did you bang your head on the TV during the game?

    I am all for fun conspiracy theories, but this one is a stretch....as they say in Garage Logic: amateur linking!

    I don't care if Childress was g*y and decided to enforce a tutu policy and pregame Boy George jams as long as it helped us win.
    i dont know thats a little much
    :P
    you're right.
    Too bad when your faith in your coach has degraded so deeply that you will accept nearly any injustice for him to demonstrate some sort of compentency.

  10. #10
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462

    Re: Andy Reid / Mormon influence on the Vikings...?

    "Webby" wrote:
    I don't care if Childress was gay and decided to enforce a tutu policy and pregame Boy George jams as long as it helped us win.
    After today I think tutu's would be a good thing for them all to wear for a couple of days.

    WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frazier: A calming influence for the Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM
  2. Andy Reid On Family Problems: 'Red Right 32 Trap'
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
  3. Andy Reid calling it quits?
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
  4. Vikings sign Chad Johnson & Andy Olemgbe
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 03:17 PM
  5. Andy Reid might get "Holmgren-ed"!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 01:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •