Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Anatomy of a Play: Vikings Making Mismatches

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Anatomy of a Play: Vikings Making Mismatches

That is a great video.

Earlier in the season, when I was calling for more play action, corner isolation, and clearing plays in the live game chat, this is what I wanted to see.

Childress and Bevell used these type of plays during their big winning streak, but they went back to trying to pound the ball when teams overloaded or went after Favre with mismatches on the line. In the Giants game, the Vikings mixed up the plays and used more play action, and it worked much better, albeit against a depleted Giants defense.

If given time, and time is one of the key factors, the Vikings weapons on offense can create many mismatches against most NFL defenses.

Than you for posting the video.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Minniman wrote:
    That is a great video.

Earlier in the season, when I was calling for more play action, corner isolation, and clearing plays in the live game chat, this is what I wanted to see.

Childress and Bevell used these type of plays during their big winning streak, but they went back to trying to pound the ball when teams overloaded or went after Favre with mismatches on the line. In the Giants game, the Vikings mixed up the plays and used more play action, and it worked much better, albeit against a depleted Giants defense.

If given time, and time is one of the key factors, the Vikings weapons on offense can create many mismatches against most NFL defenses.

Than you for posting the video.
    No worries my friend.

Love your analysis. Quick question/comment.

a. What are your thoughts on the Chiller and crew doing things just to do them. I understand the whole concept of setting something up later with plays early on, but at times this year it appeared they were calling plays just like it was pre-season and they were working on things.

b. Time, as you said is important, but timing, is even more important and both are driven by the OL. Thier play, IMHO, is the reason our offense clicks or not because of both "Time" issues.

On a side note, I absolutely loved how, for the first time in a long time, we were actually seeing a pocket created and that pocket actually had passing lanes associated with the routes the WR's were running.

Something I think we will see improvement/alot more of next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

If I hadn't spent the previous three minutes playing with my son, I'd say that was the best three minutes of my day so far.