Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86
  1. #21
    Frankie26's Avatar
    Frankie26 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    Booyah Caine............Booyah

  2. #22
    JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    well good for you viking fans, being so loyal to your team. To bad loyalty doesnt win superbowls huh?

    why dont you folks just go sit on your purple horns until the vikings PROOVE that they are not an inferior club to the Packers. I mean seriously, at least win one superbowl. Just ONE. Cmon, theyr you go... a little further..just..ohhhh, what a pity - seems youve choked yet again.

    Oh yeah, its true, the packers choked last year in the wild card game. Why doesnt that matter? Because they dont make a living at it.

    "oh but... we got..guh,.we got a buncha new defense!"


    You watch a losing organization
    You Cheer for a losing organization
    You will always have a losing organization

  3. #23
    ravike55's Avatar
    ravike55 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    24

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    I am and always will be a Vikings Fan! If anything is true in this arguement is I hate front-runner fans more than I hate the Pack or Cowpies!I had friends as kids Jumping from the raiders to the steelers to the patriots to whomever was superbowl bound.And although that may not apply to johnnybgoode, lets see if he's posting anything at this website next year about his "beloved" Pack!
    Who named the Cowpies America's Team anyway?! :angryfire:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/joerav14/superb.jpg

  4. #24
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    "dopenose420" wrote:
    i promise you this, once mr. vicodin retires you won't see the packers in primetime.

    this is probably favre's last year the nfl is going to milk this bad boy for all its worth.
    On point!!!!

    Like a dairyman in sconny!!!!

  5. #25
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    "Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    alright cajun, i know your mad, however, you are wrong as well.

    First off, the cowboys WON their super bowls, so they are much more respected than your team. You never heard the vikings being called "America's Team" did you? If you did then please refresh me. It seems I only recall history as saying the Vikings are a losing organization.

    Second off, yes the cardinals name has been around for quite a while. However if you are going to call it the same "team" after switching cities and owners as often as your team chokes, then you might as well count half of the teams in the NFL.

    Also, the cardinals have always sucked. Nobody likes a loser. You should know that being a viking fan!
    Do you really KNWW where the "America's Team" moniker came from, Johnny? OR are you like most of the rest of ignorant America and just ASSUME that the Cowboys earned it?

    As far as not liking a "loser", how do you explain the vast horde of LONG-TERM Red Sox fans or the huge amount of Cub fans who never give up on their team?

    No, the fact of the matter is that it is not that "nobody likes a loser"...what nobody likes is a fair-weather fan who only mouths off when his team is doing good or worse yet, a fan who changes teams like a whore changes sex partners...there are WAY more Cowboy haters than Cowboy fans (and most of the Cowboy haters really hate the fickle Cowboy fans moreso than the Cowboys themselves). I lived in Dallas for three years (the late 80s - early 90s before they got good again)...and you know what, almost all of the Cowboy fans walked around with their tails between their legs and wouldn't talk football because they didn't have anything to brag about. You guys weren't saying SH*T in the 70's, 80s and early 90s, because you guys didn't have SH*T...when I was growing up in Louisiana in the 70s and 80s, there were plenty of Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins and Raiders fans...and you know what, most of those fans are now fans of OTHER teams...pretty lame if you ask me. One other thing, there weren't ANY Packer fans that I knew of...NONE...so much for being one of AMERICA'S favorite teams. Now that the Pack is beginning its slow and painful slide into oblivion, you will see all of those fair-weather fans that are currently sporting the (god-awful) Packer colors and Favre jerseys, slowly but surely abandon the Pack for other more successful teams...because that is what they are. But the Vikings fan base is strong no matter what, forged by adversity, which will make our inevitable Super Bowl victory all the more sweet!!!
    Atta boy, Cajun!!! Give him hell.

    Let me add to that from a Wisconsin point of view.

    I started living here in 1974-75. I lived in Prairie du Chien (On the Iowa border), then Darian (small hole-in-the-ground), then Janesville (30 minutes south of Madison). I lved here when the Packers sucked major a$$, and during their brief flirtation with greatness. I escaped for 4 years in the Military, but was sucked back and sentenced to eternal damnation by getting married to a Wisconsin girl.

    Growing up, I saw lots of 49er, Bears, and Cowboys jackets and shirts. The ONLY people who wore Packer garb were those unfortunate kids whose parents shopped at GoodWill and a handful of old geezers who remembered the Bart Starr days (As a player, not a coach).

    Additionally, I travelled all over the Central and Eastern US, and can honestly say that I bumped into a handful of Packer fans...most of whom were very quiet about their team affiliation.

    In the 70's, 80's, and early 90's - when Green Bay sucked donkey dong - if God had said, "Find me 10 Packer fans or I shall destroy the earth", we wouldn't be having this debate right now. And I lived in WISCONSIN.

    In fact, I ahve a theory that the ONLY reason the homosexual community came out of the closet in the 80's was that the Packer fans were in there with them, and even THEY hated Packer fans.

    Then came Favre.

    Suddenly, Dallas was falling out of favor with Madden, and he started dating Brett. Packer fans started mysteriously appearing all over the map...most claiming to have been fans all their lives, but mysteriously lacking in knowledge of Packer history. Now, I can't throw a rock in Janesville without hitting someone in a Packer coat/hat/shirt.

    So, the Peckers got a few Monday night games...so what. That simply means that we ALL get to watch them fall apart on National TV. We ALL get to revel in their misery as we watch their fans quietly slink back into the closet to dust off their old Cowbays, Steelers, Jets, or Bears gear and hope no one notices them. After all, the "Vintage" gear should lend authenticity to their, "I've been a Steelers fan since '82" claim.

    Sorry to burst your bubble, Johnny. I couldn't care less when they schedule us. I just want to see my team play...I don't care when. And, unlike most of your "Packer Fans", I HAVE been a Viking fan my whole life. Win, lose, or draw, my colors are worn proudly. I'm willing to bet that there'll be some great deals on Packer gear at GoodWill in mid-November.

    Caine
    Exactly. Thank you for your succinct summation of my long time argument about the cheddarheads to the east. Too much inbreeding causes the brain unable to function properly, and their memory only goes back a short time and that fuzzy memory of their first dairy cow "experience".

  6. #26
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    "JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    well good for you viking fans, being so loyal to your team. To bad loyalty doesnt win superbowls huh?

    why dont you folks just go sit on your purple horns until the vikings PROOVE that they are not an inferior club to the Packers. I mean seriously, at least win one superbowl. Just ONE. Cmon, theyr you go... a little further..just..ohhhh, what a pity - seems youve choked yet again.

    Oh yeah, its true, the packers choked last year in the wild card game. Why doesnt that matter? Because they dont make a living at it.

    "oh but... we got..guh,.we got a buncha new defense!"


    You watch a losing organization
    You Cheer for a losing organization
    You will always have a losing organization
    Someday, there will be an intelligent Packer fan poster here other than Los...you won't be it.

    I have refuted that "point" of yours sooooo many times that it isn't even fun anymore. So, instead, I'll let YOU do the work.

    PROVE that the Packers are statistically better than the Vikings. Go back to 1961, and compile the win-loss records for both teams. Then, compile the Division Championships, Conference Championships, and Superbowls.

    What you will find, oh mentally challanged one, is that the ONLY category you have us beat in is Superbowls.

    And THAT, fellow readers, is why whenever you smoke the pants off a Packer fan on ANY point (Which is really easy to do), they revert to the Superbowl slam. It's their ONLY weapon.

    Oh, they try like hell to beat us in other ways. Their overworked and under-developed brains start smoking when they think - for the briefest of moments - that they finally have us. The giddy feeling of euphoria overcomes them as their little, chubby fingers pound away at the keyboard, drooling on themselves at the mental image of Viking fans the world over having an epiphany and converting to Packerism.

    But then reality rears its ugly head and smacks them into the dirt...again.

    Covered in the refuse of old pizza boxes and Big Mac wrappers, burning with shame, they bravely reach up and type in...."How many Superbowls have the Vikings won?"

    Look, pal. Let's make this REAL simple for you. You say WE choke. How about the last two Play-off games in Lambeau? You know, that place where Green Bay is "Unbeatable"? Cold Weather Favre, home field advantage, the whole shebang...

    Atlanta kicked your asses, then we came in and did it again...just because.

    But, that notwithstanding, go do the homework, junior. Start in 1961 - the year the Vikings entered the NFL - and compare stats. THEN come here and post.

    Or, if you can't muster up the neccessary mental power to do that much complicated math (I know how addition hurts you guys), why not simply start EVERY thread with teh "How many Superbowls have the Vikings won?" slam and get it over with. After all, we all KNOW you're going to go there, you really don't have any other choice. So, save us all the time of trying to decipher your inanae ramblings and find a "point" that you mistakenly believes exists in your idiotic outbursts of Packer enthusiasm, and go back to milking the bull.

    Caine

  7. #27
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    "JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    Oh yeah, its true, the packers choked last year in the wild card game. Why doesnt that matter? Because they dont make a living at it.
    ummmmm you choked last year to this inferior team,and favre pissed all over himself in that game.ummmmmm does 4th and 27 mean anything to you.....ummmmmm what happened to you when the falcons came up to green bay for a playoff game a few years back,hmmmmmm I seem to recall your team choked badly....ummmmm what happened to your team in the last super bowl your beloved pack was in hmmmmmmmmm does the word choke come to mind???
    It seems our lousy inferior team isnt the only one that has been choking of late.....
    but our team has gotten better..... and yours????

  8. #28
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    nice post Caine, you put it so much more eloquently,than I. :lol:

  9. #29
    JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    60

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    you do have spice, just to bad your with the queens

  10. #30
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Americas Team, no doubt

    The packer fan is losing steam....he's reverted to name calling he he :laughing3:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Doubt This Ownership Group?
    By Marrdro in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
  2. No doubt about it: Jaguars aim to run against Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
  3. Americas Got Talent - Figure this one out
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 07:25 PM
  4. Childress in charge: No doubt about it
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
  5. End of game with little doubt...
    By PAvikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 11:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •