Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mark is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Americas Team, no doubt

West Palm Beach fool
    <!--
    sig -->

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Things must be pretty glum in packerland,nowadays, where you have to come to us, and spread your cheer.
    I love the idea that the packers have so much national tv exposure.Now everybody can see what a sorry a$$ team you have.
    Troll your own hole JohnnyBDork!!

English Vike is offline Starter

i wouldn't say im exactly from the midwest...

dopenose420 is offline Rookie

i promise you this, once mr. vicodin retires you won't see the packers in primetime.

this is probably favre's last year the nfl is going to milk this bad boy for all its worth.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

California yea baby

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    alright cajun, i know your mad, however, you are wrong as well.

First off, the cowboys WON their super bowls, so they are much more respected than your team. You never heard the vikings being called "America's Team" did you? If you did then please refresh me. It seems I only recall history as saying the Vikings are a losing organization.

Second off, yes the cardinals name has been around for quite a while. However if you are going to call it the same "team" after switching cities and owners as often as your team chokes, then you might as well count half of the teams in the NFL.

Also, the cardinals have always sucked. Nobody likes a loser. You should know that being a viking fan!
    Do you really KNWW where the "America's Team" moniker came from, Johnny? OR are you like most of the rest of ignorant America and just ASSUME that the Cowboys earned it?

As far as not liking a "loser", how do you explain the vast horde of LONG-TERM Red Sox fans or the huge amount of Cub fans who never give up on their team?

No, the fact of the matter is that it is not that "nobody likes a loser"...what nobody likes is a fair-weather fan who only mouths off when his team is doing good or worse yet, a fan who changes teams like a whore changes sex partners...there are WAY more Cowboy haters than Cowboy fans (and most of the Cowboy haters really hate the fickle Cowboy fans moreso than the Cowboys themselves). I lived in Dallas for three years (the late 80s - early 90s before they got good again)...and you know what, almost all of the Cowboy fans walked around with their tails between their legs and wouldn't talk football because they didn't have anything to brag about. You guys weren't saying SH*T in the 70's, 80s and early 90s, because you guys didn't have SH*T...when I was growing up in Louisiana in the 70s and 80s, there were plenty of Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins and Raiders fans...and you know what, most of those fans are now fans of OTHER teams...pretty lame if you ask me. One other thing, there weren't ANY Packer fans that I knew of...NONE...so much for being one of AMERICA'S favorite teams. Now that the Pack is beginning its slow and painful slide into oblivion, you will see all of those fair-weather fans that are currently sporting the (god-awful) Packer colors and Favre jerseys, slowly but surely abandon the Pack for other more successful teams...because that is what they are. But the Vikings fan base is strong no matter what, forged by adversity, which will make our inevitable Super Bowl victory all the more sweet!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Frankie26 is offline Waterboy

Cajun...well done, defeating a typical purple basher with facts...That says a lot for Vikes fans in comparison to Cowboys and Pack fans who derive the majority of their vocabulary from Springer and Larry the Cable Guy

R.I.P Mitch Hedberg

"Frankie26" wrote:
    Cajun...well done, defeating a typical purple basher with facts...That says a lot for Vikes fans in comparison to Cowboys and Pack fans who derive the majority of their vocabulary from Springer and Larry the Cable Guy
    :sign5: :laughing3:

Great debut, Frankie26!!! Smack the Pack whenever you can!!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "JohnnyBGoode" wrote:
    alright cajun, i know your mad, however, you are wrong as well.

First off, the cowboys WON their super bowls, so they are much more respected than your team. You never heard the vikings being called "America's Team" did you? If you did then please refresh me. It seems I only recall history as saying the Vikings are a losing organization.

Second off, yes the cardinals name has been around for quite a while. However if you are going to call it the same "team" after switching cities and owners as often as your team chokes, then you might as well count half of the teams in the NFL.

Also, the cardinals have always sucked. Nobody likes a loser. You should know that being a viking fan!
    Do you really KNWW where the "America's Team" moniker came from, Johnny? OR are you like most of the rest of ignorant America and just ASSUME that the Cowboys earned it?

As far as not liking a "loser", how do you explain the vast horde of LONG-TERM Red Sox fans or the huge amount of Cub fans who never give up on their team?

No, the fact of the matter is that it is not that "nobody likes a loser"...what nobody likes is a fair-weather fan who only mouths off when his team is doing good or worse yet, a fan who changes teams like a whore changes sex partners...there are WAY more Cowboy haters than Cowboy fans (and most of the Cowboy haters really hate the fickle Cowboy fans moreso than the Cowboys themselves). I lived in Dallas for three years (the late 80s - early 90s before they got good again)...and you know what, almost all of the Cowboy fans walked around with their tails between their legs and wouldn't talk football because they didn't have anything to brag about. You guys weren't saying SH*T in the 70's, 80s and early 90s, because you guys didn't have SH*T...when I was growing up in Louisiana in the 70s and 80s, there were plenty of Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins and Raiders fans...and you know what, most of those fans are now fans of OTHER teams...pretty lame if you ask me. One other thing, there weren't ANY Packer fans that I knew of...NONE...so much for being one of AMERICA'S favorite teams. Now that the Pack is beginning its slow and painful slide into oblivion, you will see all of those fair-weather fans that are currently sporting the (god-awful) Packer colors and Favre jerseys, slowly but surely abandon the Pack for other more successful teams...because that is what they are. But the Vikings fan base is strong no matter what, forged by adversity, which will make our inevitable Super Bowl victory all the more sweet!!!
    Atta boy, Cajun!!! Give him hell.

Let me add to that from a Wisconsin point of view.

I started living here in 1974-75. I lived in Prairie du Chien (On the Iowa border), then Darian (small hole-in-the-ground), then Janesville (30 minutes south of Madison). I lved here when the Packers sucked major a$$, and during their brief flirtation with greatness. I escaped for 4 years in the Military, but was sucked back and sentenced to eternal damnation by getting married to a Wisconsin girl.

Growing up, I saw lots of 49er, Bears, and Cowboys jackets and shirts. The ONLY people who wore Packer garb were those unfortunate kids whose parents shopped at GoodWill and a handful of old geezers who remembered the Bart Starr days (As a player, not a coach).

Additionally, I travelled all over the Central and Eastern US, and can honestly say that I bumped into a handful of Packer fans...most of whom were very quiet about their team affiliation.

In the 70's, 80's, and early 90's - when Green Bay sucked donkey dong - if God had said, "Find me 10 Packer fans or I shall destroy the earth", we wouldn't be having this debate right now. And I lived in WISCONSIN.

In fact, I ahve a theory that the ONLY reason the homosexual community came out of the closet in the 80's was that the Packer fans were in there with them, and even THEY hated Packer fans.

Then came Favre.

Suddenly, Dallas was falling out of favor with Madden, and he started dating Brett. Packer fans started mysteriously appearing all over the map...most claiming to have been fans all their lives, but mysteriously lacking in knowledge of Packer history. Now, I can't throw a rock in Janesville without hitting someone in a Packer coat/hat/shirt.

So, the Peckers got a few Monday night games...so what. That simply means that we ALL get to watch them fall apart on National TV. We ALL get to revel in their misery as we watch their fans quietly slink back into the closet to dust off their old Cowbays, Steelers, Jets, or Bears gear and hope no one notices them. After all, the "Vintage" gear should lend authenticity to their, "I've been a Steelers fan since '82" claim.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Johnny. I couldn't care less when they schedule us. I just want to see my team play...I don't care when. And, unlike most of your "Packer Fans", I HAVE been a Viking fan my whole life. Win, lose, or draw, my colors are worn proudly. I'm willing to bet that there'll be some great deals on Packer gear at GoodWill in mid-November.

Caine

I think that Madden and Favre WERE in that closet with the g@y community and all those closet Packer fans...problem was that they didn't know whether to leave with the rest of the male couples...OR to stay in with the Packer fans!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast