Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    4Vikings2869 is offline Waterboy

Re:Am I the only one Worried?

And in the Playoffs I still would rather play saints, cowboys, packers, and eagles then colts, patriots, chargers, and Ravens.
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

4Vikings2869 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    4Vikings2869 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    vike_mike wrote:
    I am not worried whatsoever. I believe that we have a chance to be even better than last year if we make minimal moves in the free agency market and do a terrific job on the draft. I can't believe that I am saying this but I like what the Vikings front office is doing right now. No need to spend loads of cash about on players from other teams now. Out of all the free agent WR from the 08 season and found new teams in 09, none of them made the Pro Bowl. Also, I wouldn't be counting on LT to sign with us. It could happen but I don't expect him to sign with us if he can get alot more money with another team. He will not make anywhere near what he wants to make with us though. Let's see what this rich RB draft will bring for us. Plus Albert Young is there. He is more than capable of the backup running back.
    At this point in his career, LT is more concerned with getting a SB then money, which he has plenty of.
    LT was obviously looking for money and more playing time and not necessarily a championship since he signed with the Jets. Ya they made it to the championship game but there offense has gotten worse and I don't see them getting back to there next year. If a Super Bowl is what he wanted the Vikings would have been the place to go.
    They still have that great O-line. They have a QB who improved bigtime towards the end of the year, getting over those rookie jitters. They have a core of young receivers who are only getting better. The only point you could make would be that off Thomas Jones leaving, but the reasoning behind that is very simple. They have Thomas Jones Jr. on their roster in Shonn Greene.

I don't see any changes that would make their defense any worse, either. They got Cromartie, who I'm not a fan of at all, who certainly is an upgrade over Lito Sheppard. They traded away Kerry Rhodes, but where starting Eric Smith from time to time, anyway, because Ryan and Rhodes couldn't get along.

With their position in the draft, they should be in a nice position to fix up that 3-4 DE position a little. Maybe even go with Cody and rotate him with Jenkins at first.

And yes, he'll get some more touches there than he would in Minnesota, and I'm sure that that factored in. Money always facors in, as well. But I don't think that this team is that far away from a SB. Not much further, if any, than the Vikings.
    The main point is that the Jets haven't necessarily gotten better and they play in the AFC. The Colts,Patriots,Chargers are still going to be the powerhouses and there are a lot more up and coming teams such as Texans, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, and Broncos. The NFC is usually not as strong and I still see the Vikings in a much better position then the Jets when Favre comes back.
    What have the Colts, Patriots and Chargers done to get better?

If I were going to quantify them I would say they got worse and the Jets got better.

NFL Free Agent Tracker
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

My take on next year is this (Given the understanding that Favre will be back):

NFC North Champs- Toss up with the Fudgepackers. They have shored up their Oline and we will probably split with them. The Cubs-Possible split depending when we go to chicago. If its late in the season and its cold I think we split with them like last year. Bottom Line I think we win the division but The Pukers will be nipping on our heels.

The #1 seed- The Saints aren't as good as their record indicated last year. I just think they were a team of destiny. They won't be as good and won't be playing at home in the playoffs. The cowgirls won't win anything with Romo, so the only team that scares me other than the Pukers are the Iggles. I thought they were the most talented team in the NFC last year. While they may not be the most talented team going into next year they will be scarey again and could go far into the playoffs. I really believe the #1seed comes down to us and the Pukers, you can't have the #1 seed without winning the division. I think they are the two best teams in the NFC next year. Again I think we will win the division, so we will get homefield advantage (Had we had it last year we would be world Champs).

So, I think we will have a similar year and the hopes of a championship. It might all come down to a pass by the noodle and this time we may be celebrating in late February!! :woohoo:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:

NFC North Champs- Toss up with the Fudgepackers. They have shored up their Oline and we will probably split with them. The Cubs-Possible split depending when we go to chicago. If its late in the season and its cold I think we split with them like last year. Bottom Line I think we win the division but The Pukers will be nipping on our heels.

The #1 seed- The Saints aren't as good as their record indicated last year. I just think they were a team of destiny. They won't be as good and won't be playing at home in the playoffs. The cowgirls won't win anything with Romo, so the only team that scares me other than the Pukers are the Iggles. I thought they were the most talented team in the NFC last year. While they may not be the most talented team going into next year they will be scarey again and could go far into the playoffs. I really believe the #1seed comes down to us and the Pukers, you can't have the #1 seed without winning the division. I think they are the two best teams in the NFC next year. Again I think we will win the division, so we will get homefield advantage (Had we had it last year we would be world Champs).

So, I think we will have a similar year and the hopes of a championship. It might all come down to a pass by the [strike]noodle[/strike] TJ and this time we may be celebrating in late February!! :woohoo:
    Fixed that last line for ya. Other than that, great post my friend. Great post indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

So, I think we will have a similar year and the hopes of a championship. It might all come down to a pass by the [strike]noodle[/strike] [strike]TJ [/strike] noodle and this time we may be celebrating in late February!! :woohoo:
    Fixed that last line for ya. Other than that, great post my friend. Great post indeed.
    Thanks! I fixed yours you must have had a momentary lapse of rational thinking (just kidding)! :laugh:

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

So, I think we will have a similar year and the hopes of a championship. It might all come down to a pass by the [strike]noodle[/strike] [strike]TJ [/strike] [strike]noodle infinity[/strike] TJ and this time we may be celebrating in late February!! :woohoo:
    Thanks! I fixed yours you must have had a momentary lapse of rational thinking (just kidding)! :laugh:
    Well played. :woohoo:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345