Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,762

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    We haven't gotten worse though. Yes, we lost Chester Taylor, but his role was replaceable and there are several possibilities in FA and the draft. Other than that our team is pretty much the same.

    Did the Lions get better? Sure. So they are a 4-12 team instead of a 2-14 team now. Whoopie. Same for the Bears. The Pack - not sure how they have gotten better, but they did prove to be a decent team last year. A decent team who we beat twice.

    The fact is we aren't going to see a lot of FA moves this year. First because of the final eight rule, and second (and more importantly) because we have a very complete team - 95% of which is returning in 2010.

    I'm not worried. I'm excited.
    I'm excited too, and the packers haven't really gotten better with additions, but another year in their 3-4 will help a lot. I'm not worried about the lions, but the Bears will be a lot better. With a (probably) legitimate pass rush and Cutler in his system another year, I think they will be pretty damn good. They'll target a receiver in the draft, and Jay will have some real targets to play with.

    I really hope the Vikings prove me wrong, but I'm just losing all confidence. I think its after effects of the devastation that was the NFC Championship game.
    2 things,

    1-Jays system is changing with Mike Martz coming in. Martz was good with the Rams but not so hot with the Lions or niners when the teams need more work. Although Kitna and Williams had good years with Martz. Martz's system does have the QB holding on the ball longer and with line problems Cutler could get knocked around like Kitna did.

    2-Draft, Bears early picks are gone, Cutler and Gaines Adams trade last year. These FA signings are their big picks.

  2. #12
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    You're not the only one who's concerned. The sky is definitely not falling, but we need to get our asses in gear pretty soon and make a free agent acquisition.

    Needs
    QB- No guarantees on our starter returning, and it's time we added another project, TJ is a capable backup but to expect him to take the reigns once Favre leaves could be a bit much.

    RB- Obvious hole to fill now that C-Tay is gone.

    CB- AW and Griffin both finished the year off injured, and it's not like we are deep at this position, whatsoever. Hopefully Asher Allen continues to improve as well.

    DT- Star-caps ruling is still up in the air. And PW is closer than ever to retirement.

    OLB- Ben Leber is around 32, and our depth on the outsides kind of scares me.


    I'm of the opinion that all these holes need to be addressed. And it would have to be a truly perfect storm to address them all in the first 5 rounds of the draft. I really hope we can fill even one need in FA and make the draft that much easier on ourselves.

  3. #13
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    How could I forget my mang Artis Hicks? A huuuge gap to fill.

    We could really use another offensive lineman who can fill in virtually anywhere... Especially for Big Mac's long days vs Peppers.

  4. #14
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    A Little Luck on the Injury Front goes a long way toward post season success!! Going into the championship game, we were only down EJ on the starting level! The Aints had some injuries in their secondary toward the end of the regular season, but got healthy just in time for the playoffs as well. We have a really good team with few needs, so my biggest question is, "Can we be that lucky with injuries next year too!?"

    Going into the offseason I rather assumed we'd keep most of our guys around, so we'd have very few needs, and could afford to make a big move or two to shore up a couple of weaknesses...Now that we've let Chester and Hicks walk away with more likely to follow, we have a few more needs, as depth at least, and I am beginning to think we're going to get younger depth at multiple positions by excercising our full allotment of draft picks.

    Not as exciting for the immediate future, but likely a more solid team for the long term! :cheer:
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  5. #15
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Yes. Iam also worried about our team this year. I feel our peak was last year and I hope to even have the chance to make the Playoffs. But I hope Iam wrong!

  6. #16
    MNgriff's Avatar
    MNgriff is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    148

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Marrdro wrote:
    The first "The Sky is Falling" post.

    Relax my friend. The Bores and Lions have made some pretty solid moves to shore up team weaknesses and will be better this year, but they are not in the same state that the Vikes are.

    Lets not forget, this team go to the NFC Championship game and was 1 or 2 turnovers away from getting to the Superbowl. The Front Office Pukes have continually proved that they have not only the brains, but the scouting staff and Ownership support to fix holes when we have them via FA, not to mention, a damn respectable draft record when it comes to adding depth and future stars/starters if one of the Vets goes down.

    In the end, put your old regime concerns away. The days of "Win Now" are gone. This team will continue to get better each and every year, just as it has since the new regime took over.

    If anyone has to be concerned, it should be the teams that have to face this division as it appears its a all out effort by every organization to return the Black and Blue back to the days when it was the best in the league.

    I for one can't wait to see some damn good games with our division rivals....Kindof a "The way it used to be" kindof feeling.
    Good stuff my friend.

    Just stop and look again at our division.

    Did the Pack, Lions, and Bears get significantly better offensive line? Look at who the Bears have for receivers.

    The Vikings will have the ENTIRE Norris by the balls once again.
    Skol

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    KevinK wrote:
    Yes. Iam also worried about our team this year. I feel our peak was last year and I hope to even have the chance to make the Playoffs. But I hope Iam wrong!
    I don't see how you could miss the play-offs. Maybe with a streak of injuries or something, but otherwise, you'll be in.

    Favre will be back.

    I do agree with that you might've peaked last year. The schedule, for one, seems to be a little harder. Favre might get hit a little more. All the NFC North teams have a schedule that is, on paper, a bit harder than last year. I can't imagine that you'll be as much indoor in the play-offs as you did last year, either. Althought clinching home field advantage could solve that.

    That brings us back to the schedule, though...
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    MNgriff wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The first "The Sky is Falling" post.

    Relax my friend. The Bores and Lions have made some pretty solid moves to shore up team weaknesses and will be better this year, but they are not in the same state that the Vikes are.

    Lets not forget, this team go to the NFC Championship game and was 1 or 2 turnovers away from getting to the Superbowl. The Front Office Pukes have continually proved that they have not only the brains, but the scouting staff and Ownership support to fix holes when we have them via FA, not to mention, a damn respectable draft record when it comes to adding depth and future stars/starters if one of the Vets goes down.

    In the end, put your old regime concerns away. The days of "Win Now" are gone. This team will continue to get better each and every year, just as it has since the new regime took over.

    If anyone has to be concerned, it should be the teams that have to face this division as it appears its a all out effort by every organization to return the Black and Blue back to the days when it was the best in the league.

    I for one can't wait to see some damn good games with our division rivals....Kindof a "The way it used to be" kindof feeling.
    Good stuff my friend.

    Just stop and look again at our division.

    Did the Pack, Lions, and Bears get significantly better offensive line? Look at who the Bears have for receivers.

    The Vikings will have the ENTIRE Norris by the balls once again.
    I hope you are correct. Look, I'm not saying that they improved enough to be a SB caliber team, but they did address needs that also exposes some of our weakness.

    As to having the whole division by the balls.......I still say the PUKERS were a OL away from being a series playoff contender last year so I don't think they really need to do much.

    By the way, I was saying that about week 5 or 6.

    In the end, should we dominate? Yes, but I am also of the mind that division wins this year, will not be cakewalks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Rockmolder wrote:
    KevinK wrote:
    Yes. Iam also worried about our team this year. I feel our peak was last year and I hope to even have the chance to make the Playoffs. But I hope Iam wrong!
    I don't see how you could miss the play-offs. Maybe with a streak of injuries or something, but otherwise, you'll be in.

    Favre will be back.

    I do agree with that you might've peaked last year. The schedule, for one, seems to be a little harder. Favre might get hit a little more. All the NFC North teams have a schedule that is, on paper, a bit harder than last year. I can't imagine that you'll be as much indoor in the play-offs as you did last year, either. Althought clinching home field advantage could solve that.

    That brings us back to the schedule, though...
    Teams that peak equate to teams that do nothing with respect to improving themselves.

    This staff has proved that they will do just about anything to improve this team, so.........Saying we've peaked is kindof a non starter for me.

    Almost every player on this team will have only benifited from last years advance to the NFC Championship.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Since Free Agency began at Midnight EST Friday, there has been a flurry of activity, most notably among two of our NFC North division rivals, the Bears and the Lions. It's easy to take a look at a few signings by one team, or a loss of free agents by another, and then proclaim that one team is all of a sudden better, another team is worse, and the football world as we know it has been flipped on it's ear. Well, it's not always that simple. If we break things down a little more, I think we'll see that the Vikings aren't as bad as we think, and that the Bears and Lions still have a way to go to catch the purple...with one notable exception, of course. But to read some places on the Internet, the Vikings are worse and getting worse with each passing day. I'd like to present my rebuttal, after the jump.
    Reports of the Vikings Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone else worried about the WRs
    By soonerbornNbred in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 07:38 AM
  2. I am worried!
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Should I be worried?
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 08:19 AM
  4. I'm not worried
    By Vikes316 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 05:29 AM
  5. Something to be worried about!
    By javonwalker84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 01:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •