Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Am I the only one Worried?

    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  2. #2
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,454

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    If Favre returns, the Vikings will contend, but there was a lot going for the Vikings last season that will not in 2010. It was a perfect storm of players, schedule, and timing.

    Like it was after the 1998 season, that storm may not blow again for another decade or more.

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    The first "The Sky is Falling" post.

    Relax my friend. The Bores and Lions have made some pretty solid moves to shore up team weaknesses and will be better this year, but they are not in the same state that the Vikes are.

    Lets not forget, this team go to the NFC Championship game and was 1 or 2 turnovers away from getting to the Superbowl. The Front Office Pukes have continually proved that they have not only the brains, but the scouting staff and Ownership support to fix holes when we have them via FA, not to mention, a damn respectable draft record when it comes to adding depth and future stars/starters if one of the Vets goes down.

    In the end, put your old regime concerns away. The days of "Win Now" are gone. This team will continue to get better each and every year, just as it has since the new regime took over.

    If anyone has to be concerned, it should be the teams that have to face this division as it appears its a all out effort by every organization to return the Black and Blue back to the days when it was the best in the league.

    I for one can't wait to see some damn good games with our division rivals....Kindof a "The way it used to be" kindof feeling.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Minniman wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    If Favre returns, the Vikings will contend, but there was a lot going for the Vikings last season that will not in 2010. It was a perfect storm of players, schedule, and timing.

    Like it was after the 1998 season, that storm may not blow again for another decade or more.
    Like I said in my previous post, ....... I don't cotton to the "Win Now" mentality anymore. That is something that was associated to a regime that couldn't draft and really sucked at fielding a team via FA.

    This is a new regime. They have done nothing but prove that they will continue to add talent through the draft and when necessary, add the right mix of FA to make the team competitive when/if they miss on the draft.

    I have the feeling that we will see the "Perfect Storm" more years than not under this regime.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    We haven't gotten worse though. Yes, we lost Chester Taylor, but his role was replaceable and there are several possibilities in FA and the draft. Other than that our team is pretty much the same.

    Did the Lions get better? Sure. So they are a 4-12 team instead of a 2-14 team now. Whoopie. Same for the Bears. The Pack - not sure how they have gotten better, but they did prove to be a decent team last year. A decent team who we beat twice.

    The fact is we aren't going to see a lot of FA moves this year. First because of the final eight rule, and second (and more importantly) because we have a very complete team - 95% of which is returning in 2010.

    I'm not worried. I'm excited.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    We haven't gotten worse though. Yes, we lost Chester Taylor, but his role was replaceable and there are several possibilities in FA and the draft. Other than that our team is pretty much the same.

    Did the Lions get better? Sure. So they are a 4-12 team instead of a 2-14 team now. Whoopie. Same for the Bears. The Pack - not sure how they have gotten better, but they did prove to be a decent team last year. A decent team who we beat twice.

    The fact is we aren't going to see a lot of FA moves this year. First because of the final eight rule, and second (and more importantly) because we have a very complete team - 95% of which is returning in 2010.

    I'm not worried. I'm excited.
    I'm excited too, and the packers haven't really gotten better with additions, but another year in their 3-4 will help a lot. I'm not worried about the lions, but the Bears will be a lot better. With a (probably) legitimate pass rush and Cutler in his system another year, I think they will be pretty damn good. They'll target a receiver in the draft, and Jay will have some real targets to play with.

    I really hope the Vikings prove me wrong, but I'm just losing all confidence. I think its after effects of the devastation that was the NFC Championship game.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I just have no confidence in next year. Even if Favre comes back I feel like we've gotten worse while the bears and packers have gotten better, along with every other team in the league. I guess its because we've only lost players and not signed anyone, I think i'll feel better after the draft. But is anyone else concerned about our ability to contend seriously next year?
    We haven't gotten worse though. Yes, we lost Chester Taylor, but his role was replaceable and there are several possibilities in FA and the draft. Other than that our team is pretty much the same.

    Did the Lions get better? Sure. So they are a 4-12 team instead of a 2-14 team now. Whoopie. Same for the Bears. The Pack - not sure how they have gotten better, but they did prove to be a decent team last year. A decent team who we beat twice.

    The fact is we aren't going to see a lot of FA moves this year. First because of the final eight rule, and second (and more importantly) because we have a very complete team - 95% of which is returning in 2010.

    I'm not worried. I'm excited.
    I'm excited too, and the packers haven't really gotten better with additions, but another year in their 3-4 will help a lot. I'm not worried about the lions, but the Bears will be a lot better. With a (probably) legitimate pass rush and Cutler in his system another year, I think they will be pretty damn good. They'll target a receiver in the draft, and Jay will have some real targets to play with.

    I really hope the Vikings prove me wrong, but I'm just losing all confidence. I think its after effects of the devastation that was the NFC Championship game.
    What have they done to cause you to loose confidence since the loss?

    Made some very interesting (smart if you ask me) tenders on thier 2006 crop of FA's. Shown a willingness to shed themselves of a couple of players that don't really serve a purpose other than backup/depth.

    I think the only ones devastaded by that loss was the fans my friends. Each and everyone of the players on the team last year learned what it takes to get to that level and will be better served for it.

    As with Nodack. I am extremely excited to see what this team will do this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    Just the fact that they choked it away, I feel like we deserve a Super Bowl but will never get one. I look into the future and all I see is despair. God I just want this season to come around.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Just the fact that they choked it away, I feel like we deserve a Super Bowl but will never get one. I look into the future and all I see is despair. God I just want this season to come around.
    Any team that chokes like that deserves nothing.

    The good thing about all of it is, this team isn't very old, and keeps getting younger (minus our QB of course). The experience those cats got last year from getting that far is a good thing, not a bad thing my friend.

    Next time they get the chance (this year) they won't choke because of that experience.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Am I the only one Worried?

    I think i'm just (pathetically) looking for reassurance. I just want something good to happen.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone else worried about the WRs
    By soonerbornNbred in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 07:38 AM
  2. I am worried!
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Should I be worried?
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 08:19 AM
  4. I'm not worried
    By Vikes316 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 05:29 AM
  5. Something to be worried about!
    By javonwalker84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 01:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •