Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Am I the only one?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I saw the replay on that fumble and a viking had posession of it when the pile started, then at the bottom got taken away. The reason he called it was because he saw the viking had possesion before the pile up started, nuf said the refs put it in our A$$. Yes they did, i cant believe you are even challenging, we got ripped off several times. The only one time they did not call us for something was at the end of the game when Pepp threw a intetional grounding, i'm not even positive there may have been a reciever in the area. ONCE AGAIN we got ripped off.
    The reason he called it? HE WAS 12 yards down field and nowhere close to the play!!!!!!!!!!! He had no RIGHT making that call.

Del Rio Guest

Am I the only one?

I wasn't at the game but from home it was obvious the Vikes had posession and the guy that called it had the exact same view as the rest of us at home.

But I always thought the pile up and rip it out was funner. Then whichever guy has the ball when they pull everyone off gets the glory.

But all in all the officiating was crappy all around. It didn't lose us the game, but it really took the wind out of both teams sails.

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Am I the only one?

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I wasn't at the game but from home it was obvious the Vikes had posession and the guy that called it had the exact same view as the rest of us at home.

But I always thought the pile up and rip it out was funner. Then whichever guy has the ball when they pull everyone off gets the glory.

But all in all the officiating was crappy all around. It didn't lose us the game, but it really took the wind out of both teams sails.
    Actually, you can see the official come running full steam ahead into the play and call it Vikes ball. But he was 12 yards downfield and nowhere close to it....he shouldn't have made the call. The play happened along the sidelines of where I sit.

vikesls is offline Rookie

Refs were awful

Many of you are right. The refs were awful at that game. The BIG thing to me about the refs making the right calls is that it can steer the momentum in the game. As we all know, mo makes good players play better, mediocre players play well, and can take the opposing side out of their game plan. Its important that the refs get it right, at the right time.

I think its time the NFL put a little more emphasis on officials getting the game calls right. Use instant replay as it was intended.

Let's get beat the bears and take a week off. Go Vikes!! :cheers:

Del Rio Guest

Am I the only one?

Ah from what I saw the side line zebra was standing directly in front of the play but right on the side of the field. But you were there and I was on my couch, so TV perspective could be screwy.

Doesn't matter you guys played a good game, and you the fans kicked our butts. I was impressed that it stayed loud all game long. And lets be honest listen to other away crowds they just cheer on like third down for D.

But I noticed it got considerably louder when audibles were called or anything that required some audio distraction was pretty impressive.

I won't get into who was screwed by the refs more. But there were some pretty sad calls that effected us in the wrong ways. But we played dumb ball. I'm curious as to how we played so poorly and yet we were in it till the end. Were the Eagles toying with us? Or was just merely a T.O.P thing?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Am I the only one?

Elling sucks and so did the refs.
    Cullys fumble I think the tip of the ball
    was over, either way I don't mind being 15-1
    at the end of the rainbow.

p.s. T.O. is a goofball
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Am I the only one?

Just a response to saying Tice might send some of the bad calls into the league. In his press conference he said he wasn't going to do that. He had said he whined enough last year about bad calls and it didn't make a difference. He said he now watches the whole game film and then decides if the bad calls equaled out meaning that both teams received there fair share of questionable calls etc. The only time he said he would send anything into the league is if it was a blatant violoation that obviously needs to be pointed out or if the game entirely was called one sided which this one wasnt entirely. There were some bad calls against the Vikings but you have got to remember that is just the way it goes you are suppose to get a little home field advantage and that includes unfortunately some calls by the referees going to the home team. Also some teams and qb's etc are going to get calls going there way because of who they are or what team it is. Brett Favre commands respect all the way around if he rants and raves about something sometimes it will influence the refs to make a call that is a little questionable when lets say the same call may not be made if drew brees makes the same stink. Just the nature of the game Philly will get some calls going their way because they are a team that has commanded some respect over the last three years and yes the bad calls changed the momentum on some of the plays it was not the entire reason we lost and certainly wasn't the biggest factor of why we lost. Did it contribute to the loss yes but it was our mistakes and lack of protection for Daunte that ultimately lost us this game and not to mention some great play by Philadelphia. They played better then us. I am not saying we are not capable of beating them if we play again and don't make the same mistakes etc that we made this time I think we are capable of beating them when we play good football but although we played poorly and yes beat ourselves you have to give Credit to Philadelphia as well as they played good football and made us make some of those mistakes.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Am I the only one?

there were no bad calls for philly
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Am I the only one?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    The phantom defensive holding that kep their first drive alive. both al and john said it didn't happen: -7 for philly

John isn't quite as observant as he used to be, and I remember they didn't give a wide view or long enough view of that play. It had seemed like they made a blanket "well, I didn't see it" and went on to the next play. I'd check your local shows where they show game film and see if they can find it.

Sorry both john and al said no way

The replay officials not looking at the "fumble" that may have been a TD in the final 2 mins of the first half

They should have looked at it, I agree, but they showed that replay enough times that I can't believe there would be conclusive evidence to overturn the call.

not the point it should have been review regardless

The ticky tack holding on peps TD run: -4 for the vikes

Come on, Bov...that was so obvious holding...they guy was trying to back away from the blocker to tackle Pepp and he couldn't break away!

You watching the same play his hands were inside the pads and the guy was spinning away unimpeeded, very very tickt tack

The non call on the TO TD, bobbled the whole way down, knee was down before the end zone and he was out of bounds before the end zone. Ref missed all 3. True we should have replayed but the guy was right there. -7 for philly.

I think someone else mentioned half the people in their room said it was in, half said it wasn't. You have to make the call for the TD and let the replay system work. If they had called him out, or down, the play wouldn't have reversed to a TD. So, when in doubt, call the play as it stands and then pick it apart. Tice failed the system.

The ball was obvious bobbling the whole time, the ref was right there cummon

Sherman, by the way, said he sent in about 4 plays to the NFL for review. I'm guesses Tice is doing the same thing.

yeah maybe they can find out who paid off the philly refs
    [/u][/i]
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Am I the only one?

There were apprantely some non calls on the Vikings though. At least that is what tice said in his press conference. There was apparatnely one that could have been called on Winfield I think he said it was a hit out of bounds. He mentioned a couple things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast