Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Am I the only one?

First let me say that there were some things done poorly by the vikes, such as kick off coverage, o-line blocking, giving up on the run and not airing the ball out.

BUT

Was it just me or did the ref's really hose us!!!!

The phantom defensive holding that kep their first drive alive. both al and john said it didn't happen: -7 for philly

The replay officials not looking at the "fumble" that may have been a TD in the final 2 mins of the first half

The ticky tack holding on peps TD run: -4 for the vikes

The non call on the TO TD, bobbled the whole way down, knee was down before the end zone and he was out of bounds before the end zone. Ref missed all 3. True we should have replayed but the guy was right there. -7 for philly.

This was a game stolen by the refs. Chin up guys with all the mistakes we made and how bad certian things looked we still won the games without the shitty officiating.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Am I the only one?

We can only blame the loss on ourselves, not on the officials. We had our chances and didn't cash in. The only thing I wonder about is who is gonna fill in for Rosenthal for the rest of the season? Haayer played terribly. Granted he played against Kearse, but c'mon!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Am I the only one?

The phantom defensive holding that kep their first drive alive. both al and john said it didn't happen: -7 for philly

John isn't quite as observant as he used to be, and I remember they didn't give a wide view or long enough view of that play. It had seemed like they made a blanket "well, I didn't see it" and went on to the next play. I'd check your local shows where they show game film and see if they can find it.

The replay officials not looking at the "fumble" that may have been a TD in the final 2 mins of the first half

They should have looked at it, I agree, but they showed that replay enough times that I can't believe there would be conclusive evidence to overturn the call.

The ticky tack holding on peps TD run: -4 for the vikes

Come on, Bov...that was so obvious holding...they guy was trying to back away from the blocker to tackle Pepp and he couldn't break away!

The non call on the TO TD, bobbled the whole way down, knee was down before the end zone and he was out of bounds before the end zone. Ref missed all 3. True we should have replayed but the guy was right there. -7 for philly.

I think someone else mentioned half the people in their room said it was in, half said it wasn't. You have to make the call for the TD and let the replay system work. If they had called him out, or down, the play wouldn't have reversed to a TD. So, when in doubt, call the play as it stands and then pick it apart. Tice failed the system.

Sherman, by the way, said he sent in about 4 plays to the NFL for review. I'm guesses Tice is doing the same thing.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Am I the only one?

You know it's great that they can send plays in, but what does it really do, get you an apology? That is the most worthless thing!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Am I the only one?

i know like every mistake, "sorry but you still lose"
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Am I the only one?

The officials were awful on both sides.

I was at the game. When Smith fumbled the ball right after Westbrook's fumble, the BACK JUDGE (who was 8-10 yards away from the pile) ran in and immediately ruled vikings ball...with no basis whatsoever. THere was no way he could have made that call correctly. Eagles ended up WITH the ball, but the call was made incorrectly. The reason we were booing so much is because we SAW the guy clearly out of any clear view of the play...he called it prematurely and with no basis whatsoever.

Am I the only one?

I'm sorry phillygirl but philly fans boo too damn much! All sports too!! Did you happen to be at the McNabb draft in '99? They were booing like crazy!!

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Am I the only one?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'm sorry phillygirl but philly fans boo too damn much! All sports too!! Did you happen to be at the McNabb draft in '99? They were booing like crazy!!
    I can't even believe you brought that up. Here's a little history lesson:

One idiot radio host and 30 of his lemmings that call themselves the "dirty thirty" went up there with the sole intention of booing anyone that wasn't Ricky williams. They have been paying for it since. The host is blasted by everyone and hated by most. Every one of those clowns you saw on the TV have been crucified for years.

PS...not one single person I know wanted Williams. We ALL wanted a QB...ANY QB. We had Duce Staley coming off a 1200 yard season and we didn't need a RB. We had Doug Friggin Pederson as our STARTING QB. ukeright:

It just so happens that those 30 were representing our fans that day...and its a shame. But they are NOT representative of our fanbase. They're plain idiots.

On a side note, Jets and Giants fans boo their picks EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Am I the only one?

Hey, I'm just givin' ya a hard time!! I know EVERY team has their terrible fans, but that just sticks in my mind! Hey, when the vikes drafted Robert Smith we booed him at the draft too! He turned out ok for us!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Am I the only one?

I saw the replay on that fumble and a viking had posession of it when the pile started, then at the bottom got taken away. The reason he called it was because he saw the viking had possesion before the pile up started, nuf said the refs put it in our A$$. Yes they did, i cant believe you are even challenging, we got ripped off several times. The only one time they did not call us for something was at the end of the game when Pepp threw a intetional grounding, i'm not even positive there may have been a reciever in the area. ONCE AGAIN we got ripped off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast