Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    weibling is offline Waterboy

AM I CRAZY OR...

Childress berates Harvin for lack of effort!

Harvin has played hard through more pain and medical difficulties then most nfl players ever did. Am I the only one who thinks it's messed up that he is hobbling badly and everyone can see it yet Childress is out there giving him a hard time? Lets think about this situation...What does a disgruntled employee do? they steal pencils and mess things up. Now give them an iron clad 16 million dollar contract... In fact with the money where is his motive to do well at all? He has tons of reasons to hate the fans, the players, and now with this talk of firing him he can identify the management as his enemy as well. You would have to be insane to give someone with reasons to be your enemy control of everything you hold dear...OR AM I CRAZY!
    None

weibling is offline Waterboy

Re: AM I CRAZY OR...

...In fact if you look at the coaching you could argue it cost them both the superbowl as well as the packers game this year... just sayin...
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

weibling wrote:
    ...In fact if you look at the coaching you could argue it cost them both the superbowl as well as the packers game this year... just sayin...
    Costing us the Super Bowl is stretching it to far. A game here and there maybe.

Favre's 11 INT's & 5 fumbles, aren't a result of bad coaching.

Moss' lack of effort on pass routes isn't a result of bad coaching.

Receivers dropping balls isn't a result of bad coaching.

Failure to execute plays that were sent in, pitiful as they might have been, isn't a result of bad coaching.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SkolPensacola is offline Training Camp

weibling wrote:
    Fair to say the coaching staff cost us a shot to win the NFC Championship game. I know it's "just a game" but I will never get over the way regulation ended. Childress put Favre in position to throw that pick. It all goes back to the 12 in the huddle penalty, and the worst part of it is that they got it coming off a TIME OUT! I don't care what anyone says, during a time out, you call the play and get the right people on the field and you have plenty of time to do that. They could have taken a knee between the hash marks and let Longwell come in and try a 50 yarder to go the SB. You gotta believe Longwell is at LEAST a coin-flip from 50 yards out. Zygi should have come down from his luxury box and fired Childress on the sideline before overtime started.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

This actually has me worried about Harvin. Him spending all that time with Moss rubbed off on him, and I can see him getting a Mossitude (attitude+moss I know I'm hilarious) and that cockiness that can turn a player into an asshole. Harvin said that he learned more from moss than any other player in his career, and I don't know if that's a good thing. I know harvin is tough, and playing through a lot, but we weren't there and we didn't see the argument so we can't say anything about it. I doubt chilly was questioning his effort on the field, for all we know Harvin could've been slacking off on some of the things that he can do even with his hurt ankle. I'm worried about Percy, and our whole team. I just think Chilly needs to go and we need a coach that doesn't take shit and will command respect.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Longwell is better than 50/50 from the 50...Trust me, he would have been so pumped, he could have kicked it dam near 65 yards....With accuracy to boot!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    This actually has me worried about Harvin. Him spending all that time with Moss rubbed off on him, and I can see him getting a Mossitude (attitude+moss I know I'm hilarious) and that cockiness that can turn a player into an asshole. Harvin said that he learned more from moss than any other player in his career, and I don't know if that's a good thing. I know harvin is tough, and playing through a lot, but we weren't there and we didn't see the argument so we can't say anything about it. I doubt chilly was questioning his effort on the field, for all we know Harvin could've been slacking off on some of the things that he can do even with his hurt ankle. I'm worried about Percy, and our whole team. I just think Chilly needs to go and we need a coach that doesn't take shit and will command respect.
    Moss and Harvin didn't even spend a full month together.

And Moss is who he is, presumably, because of the things that happened to him in his youth.

I don't see much of Moss in Harvin, never really have.

I think anything we're seeing here is Childress. Harvin has never had problems with coaches in the past, I remember reading something about him fighting in a HS basketball game and getting banned from competition in high school... but two high school basketball players getting into a fight can't really be held against a guy 6 years later.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    He SHOULD be slacking off in practice with a hurt ankle. Why in the world would you go full speed, risk making it worse, only to miss the game Sunday.

If Childress is getting onto him over that then he is really dumb.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

This actually has me worried about Harvin. Him spending all that time with Moss rubbed off on him, and I can see him getting a Mossitude (attitude+moss I know I'm hilarious) and that cockiness that can turn a player into an asshole.
    No, you're not hilarious. Harvin was criticizing Childress before Moss arrived and Moss arrived with a great attitude.......but CHILDRESS killed that great attitude.

Harvin hurt his ankle badly and they shot him full of painkiller and sent him back out there.

That was stupid.....that's how careers are ended.

Harvin is slower now.....good luck with that, Percy.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Whoever said Longwell is a coin-flip from 50, are you watching the same Longwell we do?

Over the past three years, he was 8 for 8 on 50+ yarders, long of 54.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast