Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Darrelle Revis
    But, can we afford Revis???

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I was surprised that Verner signed with Tampa so soon, and for so little. I was expecting him to land a deal similar to Shields and Davis, closer to 10/year...

DRC would be a good fit. I think Antonio Cromartie is still out there too, but has some lingering hip issues it sounds like...?

Captain Munnerlyn would help. Brandon Browner? He's got good size and is only suspended for 4 games at the moment!?

CB is getting pretty picked over in a hurry. Might have to give Cook another chance...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Alterraun Verner On Vikes Radar

No love for Walter Thurmond or Tarrell Btown? Both of these guys would be good additions without breaking the bank I would think.

I am not in favor of DRC. The story goes that his teammates would put $100 in his playbook to see if he would find it (at least that's the story on am radio out here). Most of the time it was never discovered. Good player who relies on talent and instinct. I'm not saying that he isn't an immediate upgrade, it just concerns me that we would have to pay a premium for him, when the work ethic behind the money isn't there. He is the opposite of Winfield in other words........

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    But, can we afford Revis???
    They can. Even if it means restructuring Greenway's contract. They can do it, but will they is the question? Defense wins championships and Seattle proved that last year. It also helps when you have a very good offense, Seattle has that as well. The Vikings are no where near a SB with this roster. Simply not good enough.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I don't have any except for my own eyes and my limited but extensive knowledge of the game. He played decently his first season. Started off rocky but looked excellent in run support. The guy that was the liability was the kid we traded for from the Cardinals. I have apparently blocked it out to keep my blood pressure low. The move to the slot last season was horrendous. He was aweful in the slot but outside he was more than serviceable.

I simply pointed out that that source had wrong information and then said Joe Haden performed the 30th best in the league. Can you really believe that a top 3 CB in this league on a team that isn't winning( so no owe expousure) was the 30th best CB in football? Joe Haden?
    OK. I hope you are right about him. He did play better toward the end of the season when he was playing at his natural position.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456