Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Pretty sure I know the difference between the two positions.
    How does that explain his performance the year before when he was ranked 51 out 51 cornerbacks, dead last , when he played outside ?
    2012-2013 Final NFL Cornerback Rankings: (page 3)
    I guess you will say he's a rookie or maybe it was the cover 2 scheme, and hopefully you are right. But the eyeball test shows a player that, despite being the fastest guy at the combine, rarely contests any throws. I have this image of Robinson clapping his hands together after the receiver catches the ball. Kind of like the image of Cook trailing receivers into the end zone. It happens over and over.
    I hope Zimmer can turn Robinson around. It would help this team a great deal.
    Not sure why it would only be 51 CBs (seeing that there should be 64 starting cbs in the league) Also, i think some of these guys play safety ( Micheal Huff) unless I missed where OAK turned him to a cb (could have). additionally, any Ranking with Joe Haden as 30 or higher is laughable and should be lit on fire and then pissed out.

  2. #32
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Where does he sign today? Spielman better get off his ass and get some proven good players on this defense instead of hoping and praying in the draft. It's fine to build through the draft if they pan out, but you are always playing for the future instead of the present.

    That's why this franchise has never won a SB, and why they never will until that philosophy changes. That defense last year was a fuckin joke, now do something about it. And by that I don't mean sign Jasper fuckin Brinkley.

  3. #33
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Alterraun Verner On Vikes Radar

    He just signed Linval Joseph... Patience.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #34
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    He just signed Linval Joseph... Patience.
    I have been a fan my entire 36 years on this planet, don't want to hear about patience.

  5. #35
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not sure why it would only be 51 CBs (seeing that there should be 64 starting cbs in the league) Also, i think some of these guys play safety ( Micheal Huff) unless I missed where OAK turned him to a cb (could have). additionally, any Ranking with Joe Haden as 30 or higher is laughable and should be lit on fire and then pissed out.
    And that makes Josh Robinson better somehow ? Show me your link to any stats that prove he was anything but worthless. Your argument is ' he isn't a bust'. 51st out of 64 doesn't quite convince me for some dumb reason.

  6. #36
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I have been a fan my entire 36 years on this planet, don't want to hear about patience.
    I hear ya brother, and, I will raise your 36 by 16... admittedly, our fandom has had more painful moments than I'd care to recall.

    Look at it this way, at least we ain't Raiders fans...what on earth are they doing???
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-11-2014 at 05:31 PM.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #37
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I have been a fan my entire 36 years on this planet, don't want to hear about patience.
    You've threatened to quit the last three years, so I would guess that you are beginning to develop a little patience.
    Just think how it must be for fans like Max who have at least 40 years or fandom, or myself, who has over 50 years of fandumb!
    I am here through thick and thin, and I hate the thin every bit as much as you.
    Vikings fans are the definition of patience!

  8. #38
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I have been a fan my entire 36 years on this planet, don't want to hear about patience.
    You've threatened to quit the last three years, so I would guess that you are beginning to develop a little patience.
    Just think how it must be for fans like Max who have at least 40 years or fandom, or myself, who has over 50 years of fandumb!
    I am here through thick and thin, and I hate the thin every bit as much as you.
    Vikings fans are the definition of patience!
    What choice do we have?

    I started following in the early 70's. You are what you are.

  9. #39
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    And that makes Josh Robinson better somehow ? Show me your link to any stats that prove he was anything but worthless. Your argument is ' he isn't a bust'. 51st out of 64 doesn't quite convince me for some dumb reason.
    I don't have any except for my own eyes and my limited but extensive knowledge of the game. He played decently his first season. Started off rocky but looked excellent in run support. The guy that was the liability was the kid we traded for from the Cardinals. I have apparently blocked it out to keep my blood pressure low. The move to the slot last season was horrendous. He was aweful in the slot but outside he was more than serviceable.

    I simply pointed out that that source had wrong information and then said Joe Haden performed the 30th best in the league. Can you really believe that a top 3 CB in this league on a team that isn't winning( so no owe expousure) was the 30th best CB in football? Joe Haden?

  10. #40
    PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    136
    do we have cap space left? what kinda contract would verner command?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •