PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Almost forgot!!!!

Haven't seen a post for this yet if there is one im sorry. With Indy getting a deal for a new stadium, where does this leave the Vikings. Are we getting moved or will we get a stadium deal also. Why cant we get the stinking stadium deal!!!!!! If anyone has anymore info please share, I would hate to see the Vikes get sold then moved. P.S The Saints are really having a hard time with thier deal also so pls move them.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Almost forgot!!!!

that has nothing to do with Indy....it's all up to minnesota legislation...not the NFL..... so You guys up their in MInny need to lobby that in order for us to get one...but since the dome lease is so long it doesn't look like we'd get one anytime soon...even though it's a piece of shizzzznitt

deviking is offline Rookie

Almost forgot!!!!

Another stadium committee is on horizon, but who's buying?
    Jay Weiner, Star Tribune
    December 2, 2004 STAD1202

Even as news of a $700 million state revenue shortfall was being released, yet another legislative stadium committee is about to be named.

Rep. Andy Westerberg, R-Blaine, said Wednesday that he has been appointed cochairman of a House-Senate stadium "working group" to "find solutions to the stadium problem." His district is the only area seeking a new Vikings stadium. But, Westerberg said, in light of the forecast, "it's going to be really hard to find money to put into a stadium."

Westerberg called the deficit's effect on stadium plans "critical ... I think we're going to be saying, bye, bye, Vikings, in 2012."

The team's Metrodome lease is scheduled to expire after the 2011 season.

Stadium doings have been somewhat dormant recently. The Vikings dropped their lobbyists even as Anoka County officials have quietly sought to woo potential team buyers who would build a stadium in Blaine. The Twins have been frustrated by a decade of rejections. The most active campaign is for an on-campus football stadium for the Gophers.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty acknowledged that any stadium proposals would be "not a front-burner issue."

Senate Majority Leader Dean Johnson, DFL-Willmar, has reopened the door for Indian gambling to fund stadiums.

Jerry Bell, president of Twins Sports Inc. and the stadium advocate for Twins owner Carl Pohlad, said the team expected the forecast and hasn't made any decisions about what to -- or whether to -- propose another plan.

But Bell said he would prefer not to spend time and money through a long legislative session if there's no real chance of getting a bill passed in 2005.

"I'd rather know if it's not going to happen now, tell me," Bell said.

Sen. Geoff Michel, R-Edina, who wants a university stadium, said the forecast will have a "neutral" effect on plans to get state aid to help pay for a $222 million stadium. He expressed optimism that such a proposal could make headway in the 2005 session.
    [img:2c772403b6]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/DUEviking.jpg[/img:2c772403b6]

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Almost forgot!!!!

Actually the forcast of 700,000,000.00 is lower than what was expected! The projections said 1.1 Billion!

The state is trying to negotiate with the Indian tribes to receive tax on tribal gambeling in Minnesota. If the tribes do not agree the governer wants to open gambeling to non-Indian companies and create revenue from them.

And with the turn in the economy, the state budget should improve next year!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Almost forgot!!!!

If the Vikes get moved from Minnesota because of the state not wanting to get a new stadium worked out I will personally go to the borders of Minny with a tractor and remove the state from the united states. I will dig a trench around you guys and you will become an island for waste management experiments. I will give fair warning to the old Vike fans though

/rant off

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Almost forgot!!!!

Hey, I live here and I'll help you and then move to a different state!

deviking is offline Rookie

Almost forgot!!!!

I really think that the DFL and The Reps in minnesota are way to fiscally conservitive and will never come out of the coffers for the vikings.

I really dont see why but there is alot of opposition to a stadium tax.

We know that minnesota is not the land of 10000 taxes for anything.

But many are scared of a stadium tax vote they think it might be there heads.

I would suggest starting a grassroots effort at the minnesota state fair handing out pre posted card on weather minnesota voters support the stadium effort. And then mailing them to those representatives in those districts everyday.

I really think that the fans need to show up more in this issue not take forgranted that the vikes will always be in minny.

Look at the stars, the lakers, the twins(almost).

In the end this might be a battle that fans of the Purple will lose. Hope not but hell you never know!
    [img:2c772403b6]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/DUEviking.jpg[/img:2c772403b6]

Almost forgot!!!!

Looks like the Saints are the front-runner for the L.A. move for now.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2053
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Almost forgot!!!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If the Vikes get moved from Minnesota because of the state not wanting to get a new stadium worked out I will personally go to the borders of Minny with a tractor and remove the state from the united states. I will dig a trench around you guys and you will become an island for waste management experiments. I will give fair warning to the old Vike fans though

/rant off

I will be there with a shoval in my hand, I can probbaly round up about a thousand other fans who will help!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Almost forgot!!!!

Do any of you think we'd have a better chance of getting new stadium financing approved if we had a local owner? Seriously, I think one of the issues here is that so many people oppose McCombs and they view this new stadium as something he's spearheading so they don't want to support it. In reality, regardless of who owns/controls the team, we need the new stadium. I think if he sells the team to a local group, the legistlature would give them a deal (provided that new ownership has some money going into the deal).
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead