Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    To all those Sully haters out there...

    Middle of Ravens line struggling
    In the past two games, the middle of the Ravens' offensive line has had problems run blocking, especially in short-yardage situations.

    The two struggling the most are right guard Chris Chester and center Matt Birk. With Chester, the Ravens can always insert Marshal Yanda in short-yardage situations. With Birk, he remains the Ravens' best option, but the Ravens might have to give him help more often, or keep the play to the outside
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...truggling.html

    Just thought you'd like to know...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  2. #2
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    I haven't heard anybody bashing Sully as of late...but this is news is nice to hear.
    Looks like the FO may have been on to something with letting Birk move on and not offering him a large, short term contract.

  3. #3
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I haven't heard anybody bashing Sully as of late...but this is news is nice to hear.
    Looks like the FO may have been on to something with letting Birk move on and not offering him a large, short term contract.
    Oh, i know there haven't been any as of late. Just saying, for those in the past (salt on the wound)..
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  4. #4
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    Birk may be struggling in Baltimore because he's spent 4 years being corrupted with zone blocking.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    "gagarr" wrote:
    Birk may be struggling in Baltimore because he's spent 4 years being corrupted with zone blocking.
    The thing that hurt Birk's play the most was his having the hip surgery.....He was never the same after that, and I can sympathy with that fact.
    I've said it before somewhere and still stand by my thought.
    Birk was and will, never be the same because of that surgery.
    Surgery of that magnitude, takes a hell of alot out of a person. Not to mention a starting NFL Center......I give him made credit for just coming back and doing what he did.




    I'm very happy with our young (new) center, Sullivan.
    He's been doing a great job for a first year starter at center....He will only continue the fact that we have always had very good centers on this team.


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    Birk may be struggling in Baltimore because he's spent 4 years being corrupted with zone blocking.
    The thing that hurt Birk's play the most was his having the hip surgery.....He was never the same after that, and I can sympathy with that fact.
    I've said it before somewhere and still stand by my thought.
    Birk was and will, never be the same because of that surgery.
    Surgery of that magnitude, takes a hell of alot out of a person. Not to mention a starting NFL Center......I give him made credit for just coming back and doing what he did.




    I'm very happy with our young (new) center, Sullivan.
    He's been doing a great job for a first year starter at center....He will only continue the fact that we have always had very good centers on this team.

    +1. I like the way he's coming along. Done a nice job the past few weeks.

    And Mick needs to be in the HOF.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  7. #7
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    "Braddock" wrote:
    Middle of Ravens line struggling
    In the past two games, the middle of the Ravens' offensive line has had problems run blocking, especially in short-yardage situations.

    The two struggling the most are right guard Chris Chester and center Matt Birk. With Chester, the Ravens can always insert Marshal Yanda in short-yardage situations. With Birk, he remains the Ravens' best option, but the Ravens might have to give him help more often, or keep the play to the outside
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...truggling.html

    Just thought you'd like to know...
    I think you should have titled this thread "Just to make Marrdro's day".
    I'm sure he's chuckling to himself somewhere in etherland.

  8. #8
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    I still think Birk is a better C than Sully. Everyone fails to point out that the entire team is struggling. It's funny that our OL looks great now that we have a QB. Of course, you guys will point to the improvement stemming from a 2nd year Center and a Rookie RT instead of a 18 year vet
    : : : : :. PPO is funny.

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    Marrdro?

  10. #10
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: To all those Sully haters out there...

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I still think Birk is a better C than Sully. Everyone fails to point out that the entire team is struggling. It's funny that our OL looks great now that we have a QB. Of course, you guys will point to the improvement stemming from a 2nd year Center and a Rookie RT instead of a 18 year vet
    : : : : :. PPO is funny.
    +1.

    I too believe that Favre's ability has masked a lot of the growing pains and weaknesses of our Offense.

    Caine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. any bear haters out there?
    By TheKnuck in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 03:45 AM
  2. Daunte Haters!
    By UndisputedVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. some viking haters....
    By slowlow in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 06:01 PM
  4. Where are the haters?
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 05:09 AM
  5. Haters in the.....
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •