Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

" It ALL Starts up FRONT "

I am going to put the blame of special teams on Tice. The Vikings have had good if not great kicking until Tice took over. Why he resigned Elling I do not know.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

The simple fact of the matter is, we beat OURSELVES last night, the Eagles didn't beat us. If this were a Bud Grant-coached team, these mental mistakes would NOT be happening. I'm not saying bring back Bud, just some of the good old-fashioned principles of coaching he used:

1) DON'T baby the players - Tice is so afraid to hurt the players' feelings (i.e., Elling) that he doesn't treat them like what they are - MEN. Back in Bud's day, if you made a physical mistake, fine, that happens (fumbles, INT's, etc.), but a MENTAL mistake (i.e., the false start penalties that KILLED us last night), that would NOT be tolerated!
    2) Go with what works - if the running game is working, don't abandon it just because you're behind.
    3) GET AN F-ING DEFENSE, FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Bench Hovan, make him WANT to earn his job back. And Winfield was worth EVERY PENNY they spent to get him! :thumbright:

They need to get guys healthy (Kleinsasser - his blocking was really missed last night) and find another backup offensive lineman - Haayer did NOT do the job last night. He was getting pushed around all game long. This loss is not season-ending material, but if they DON'T learn from it, the mistakes they continue to make, and the adjustments they DON'T make, will kill them.

AND GET RID OF ELLING ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Foreman44 is offline Starter

I AM saying bring Bud Grant back!
    And while we're at it, bring back Page, Eller, Marshall, Yary, and Foreman :colors:

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: " It ALL Starts up FRONT "

[quote="walitruth"]it may be time to BENCH HOVAN for the Rookie Darrion Scott. quote]

um...one problem..Scott is a DE. I agree, the Line was HORRID on both sides of the ball last night. But so was Culpepper, but you wouldn't bench him would you? :blackeye:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Culpepper was horrible last night? What game were you watching. 37-47 343 yds TD, yeah 2 tos hurt but he was hardly horrible!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

My observations from the Left Coast:

Hovan seemed very slow when pursuing the ball carrier and I don't recall seeing him do anything significant. Perhaps a benching would get his attention? Funny how Tice mentioned how Hovan needs to step up during the halftime show.

The O was having a hell of a time picking up the stunts and blitz. That poor tackle who replace Rosenthal against Kearse sure had his lunch handed to him...

We can coulda, woulda, shoulda all day long, but the bottom line is we didn't make the plays when we had the opportunities.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " It ALL Starts up FRONT "

"hovan" wrote:
    [quote]"walitruth" wrote:
    it may be time to BENCH HOVAN for the Rookie Darrion Scott. quote]

um...one problem..Scott is a DE. I agree, the Line was HORRID on both sides of the ball last night. But so was Culpepper, but you wouldn't bench him would you? :blackeye:
    Steve Martin is not, maybe it's time to start looking at what's better for the team Hovan's ego or winning!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Should think about Tice's ego before Hovans... thats AFTER you dig the pencil lead out of his ass...
    3 Straight Division Champs

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Someone suggested that the Vikes move Hovan to DE in another thread...maybe that is not a bad idea. It's not like Chuck Wiley did anything last night...Scott or Martin probably could do no worse. Precedent has been set, by KWill last year and before that Doleman, so I think that it is worth a shot. Better to move Hovan around on the line and gamble that he might be able to get free and cause havoc vs. sitting his high-priced a$$ on the bench and getting nothing from him. At least the rest of the D linemen would be fresher by the end of the game.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Culpepper was horrible last night? What game were you watching. 37-47 343 yds TD, yeah 2 tos hurt but he was hardly horrible!
    The game where Culpepper fumbled on the inch line. The game where Culpepper looked like the Culpepper of Old....Afraid to throw the ball downfield!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast