Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    walitruth is offline Waterboy

" It ALL Starts up FRONT "

I'm in South Jersey. I'm a LIFE LONG Viking fan who had the pleasure of fellowshipping with all the men of my Church to watch the GAME last night. I was the ONLY Purple jersey ( No. 84) in a sea of Green, and believe me, I can hold my own when it comes to rooting for my Vikes. I'm SAD to say that on this night I was TOTALLY EMBARRASSED to don the Purple & Gold. First of all, our LINE play on BOTH sides of the Ball was ATROCIOUS. Gentlemen, this RULE still holds True, which ever Team CONTROLS THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE usally WINS the GAME. The Eagles OUT CLASSED us on BOTH sides of the ball. Our HUGE Offensive line should have wore their much smaller D-line down as the game went on, PERIOD. You RUN THE BALL! Old-Fashioned Smash mouth Football. Then, AUDIBLE when they Blitz and Burn'em. MOE WILLIAMS & KLEINSASSER was sadly missed. As far as our D-line is concerned, it may be time to BENCH HOVAN for the Rookie Darrion Scott. "What have we got to lose?" He's INVISIBLE anyway. And where is all these GREAT Defensive Schemes that Ted Cottrell had hidden in the Pre-Season? BOTTOM LINE IS: No.1, We're NEVER gonna WIN the BIG GAME until our HEAD COACH (TICE!!) starts using his ability to THINK and not always relying on his EMOTIONS. No.2, as a TEAM the Vikings MUST STOP making MENTAL MISTAKES (Championship Teams just don't do these things)................. " PENALTIES KILL!! "

I agree!
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

i also agree well said

Del Rio Guest

I liked our line play on D. Knocked Mcnab down numerous times. Moved the line of scrimmage backwards. Contained Mcnab. I'm sure this was the plan. 2 sacks for the D not bad.

The O-line was having a hard time, should have given them some more run blocks to get them calmed down. That way they get to hunt heads and not be so freakin predictable.

ANY team that passes all game long will get pressured because if you have ever played D-line you know it's easier for you to rush the pass.

They can go balls out because they had no fear of the run, coaches fault not the players.

Nope this one wasn't the D's fault it falls soley on our precious offense. And mistakes by players and coaches

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Culpepper would have had more time to throw if he'd scared them with a few deep bombs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

2 plays after the illegal pass to McNabb, the Eagles are 2nd and 9, Kevin Williams has his hands on McNabb in the pocker 6 yards deep, he does not make the sack and lets McNabb get away and McNabb runs it in for the TD.

If Kevin Williams make that play it brings up 3rd and 15 on the Vikes 25 yard line, instead of a TD.

Maybe they score a TD after or maybe they kick a field goal, maybe they miss it andthe Vikes take over.

Perfect example of the line having to make a play.

Where the hell is Hovan, I watched he got some double teams, but so does every good DT in the league.

At lease can you get 3 or 4 tackels a game, please.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I agree on Hovan.

But it is becoming clear the D game plan is to not let them score too many points, and pray that the O gets the job done.

It's a crock to play this way. We have great athletes and we need to take chances, we need to man up and be physical. We will get burnt a few times, but you will also have the opportunity to make more plays. This cushy contain D is over-rated. When our O has a bad night (like last night) we need to rely on the D and they aren't being given the chance to make plays like last year.

The fact that Williams was there is a good sign. But yeah he needs to make the play.

One thing that can help put this in perspective is this, we had tons of mistakes, on every side of the ball offense, defense, special teams, coaching, freaking reffing. But we were still in the game almost to the end. Against one of the NFC elite IN THIER HOUSE.

We lost, but damn that shows you just how good we can be when we don't make mental errors.

Also the O had the ball a ton and the D was sitting a large chunk of the game. With the limited time they had I felt they did ok. I'd like to see some serious agression on the Bears though. I wanna see some hitting.

walitruth is offline Waterboy

Our D played good enough for our Offense to WIN the game. On the other hand, SPECIAL TEAMS IS PATHETIC. Sorry Rusty Tillman, but this fault falls right in your lap as the Leader and Architect of this group of men........." SHAPE UP, OR SHIP OUT!! " You make the call. I hate to say that your job is in jeapordy, but the OBVIOUS may be true. And furthermore, Mr. Eiling from ANY and EVERY perspective is a complete FAILURE as a Kicker and should NOT be wearing Purple. TICE makes himself look pretty bad as a HEAD COACH in bringing an individual back once he has cut them for OBVIOUS reasons. " WE DON'T NEED A TEAM LEADER TO SECOND GUESS HIS DECISIONS MAKING. "

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I agree that the lines didn't play well. Also I saw CP once again holding the ball toooooooooo long and not getting rid of it. Is it that he just can't read the defense or is it that the passing routs of receivers are poorly laid out??

WWBGD

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

It's almost to the point where we need to trade a draft pick for a kicker its rediculous, we cant even land the ball inside the ten let alone they are line drives just rediculous, not giving that time for the guys to get down there is horrible.if we had the eagles kicker our guys could get down field and make plays i dont think its the coverage as much as the kicker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast