Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

All kidding aside, Vikings still serious - Players are still in tune

[size=13pt]All kidding aside, Vikings still serious[/size]

Some sideline frivolity near the end of the Packers game isn't indicative of the team's lack of focus, some Vikings said.

Last update: November 12, 2007 – 10:10 PM

KEVIN SEIFERT
    startribune.com

As discussion swirled of his players' commitment to the team, Vikings coach Brad Childress said he didn't notice players laughing and joking on the sideline near the end of Sunday's 34-0 loss to Green Bay......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: All kidding aside, Vikings still serious

Cornerback Antoine Winfield did not comment in the locker room Monday, but in an interview on KFAN-1130, he said there are no secrets to what ails the team.

"This game is real simple," Winfield said. "You have to put certain players in position to make plays. If you're not doing that, you're going to get the result that we had [Sunday]. Thirty-four-0."
    Hmmmm! Winfield seems to be echoing the same thing Sharper said last week.

Members here were criticizing him for it. I wonder what they are thinking now that Winfield has said it?

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Winfield and Sharper are winding down their careers, and want to win now. When things go badly they, and we are frustrated. That was a poor showing against the Pack, we were limp and lifeless, and I put that on the coaches. However if you can't get pumped to play the Packers.... then I don't understand division rivalry. It's time for the veteran leaders on this team to buck up their game a notch and get the troops motivated.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Cornerback Antoine Winfield did not comment in the locker room Monday, but in an interview on KFAN-1130, he said there are no secrets to what ails the team.

"This game is real simple," Winfield said. "You have to put certain players in position to make plays. If you're not doing that, you're going to get the result that we had [Sunday]. Thirty-four-0."

Members here were criticizing him for it. I wonder what they are thinking now that Winfield has said it?

I won't criticize anyone who is smart enough to call a spade a spade.
    Seems to me, we do have an issue with coaching and game planning at hand.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

I'm thinking that he better step up and make plays after opening his yap and not do the same thing Sharper did (not step up).
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

To blame the game plan every time is also ludicrous.
    Could that have been better, sure, but comeon, to say that no one was put in a situation to suceed by the staff is going way out on a limb.

Seems to me there were several instances I saw Vet players drop the ball (so to speak)

a.
    Memo.
    Sure touchdown.
    What does he do?
    Fumble.
    b.
    Sharper.
    Saw several times were he was flat out beat, late getting there and then try to lay some lumber to make up for it.
    Hmmmmm, one took a sure INT away from Griff.

I could go on, but is it really worth it.

Long story short, last weeks performance had several issues on both sides with respect to the players and coaches as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I would not say thet A.W. is "winding" down in his career.
    He is only 30 and still has more years to play.

As for Dwight Smith, maybe if he put more effort into playing than goofing-off he would be worth 2 shits.

Guy is either golden or a dud; mostly a dud.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Could that have been better, sure, but comeon, to say that no one was put in a situation to suceed by the staff is going way out on a limb.

Seems to me there were several instances I saw Vet players drop the ball (so to speak)

a.
    Memo.
    Sure touchdown.
    What does he do?
    Fumble.

b.
    Sharper.
    Saw several times were he was flat out beat, late getting there and then try to lay some lumber to make up for it.

Long story short, last weeks performance had several issues on both sides with respect to the players and coaches as well.

1. Memo tipped the ball he did not fumble it.

2. Watch the replay again. Griffin was clearly beaten on that throw as he was 3 plays early (but no comment from the Griff sniffers.......go figure
    : ). Griffin was coming back to the ball at the same time Sharper was coming over. Griffin was there just a split second earlier than Sharper.
    If Favre's pass wasn't under thrown & on target, it's 7 points GB.

Start at 3:10

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8041c954

On the play you claimed Sharper was late........McCauley should have knocked the ball away. It was his man. Sharper did exactly what I would expect the safety to do. Lay the wood to him to try & get him to cough up the ball.

He's there earlier he hits McCauley & the WR & you accuse him from taking a pick away from McCauley.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

a.
    Memo.
    Sure touchdown.
    What does he do?
    Fumble.
    b.
    Sharper.

There is problems with a number of things right now Marr.
    But I answered the question based on the topic.....Now if you want to bring players into it....Not all, but many of our players should have stayed on the dam bus last game....They looked like they played, like shit.....I didn't get the feel of guys playing the hearts out, but the feel that they didn't want to even be on the field.....Where thats coming from, I don't have a clue......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

a.
    Memo.
    Sure touchdown.
    What does he do?
    Fumble.

b.
    Sharper.

1. Memo tipped the ball he did not fumble it.

2. Watch the replay again. Griffin was clearly beaten on that throw as he was 3 plays early (but no comment from the Griff sniffers.......go figure
    : ). Griffin was coming back to the ball at the same time Sharper was coming over. Griffin was there just a split second earlier than Sharper.

Start at 3:10

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8041c954

On the play you claimed Sharper was late........McCauley should have knocked the ball away. It was his man. Sharper did exactly what I would expect the safety to do. Lay the wood to him to try & get him to cough up the ball.

He's there earlier he hits McCauley & the WR & you accuse him from taking a pick away from McCauley.
    Tip, fumble, I'm sorry, he still screwed the pooch.
    Ball hits you in the damn hands you catch it.

Sharpers job is to get to balls that are floaters.
    He didn't do it.
    That equates to late.
    He screwed the pooch.

Look, when I blame a player, which I very seldom do, I think I have my ducks in a row.
    Sharper didn't play well during the SD game and didn't do squate this game.
    He is on my hit list my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast