Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: All the haters finally get there wish.....

This is Bitter Sweet. I like that MeMo will get a shot to show his stuff, but I dont like having injuried Players.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

jeez, you guys have already written off butchie wallace. =P

but yes, this game has new potential. However, I think that even if Moore racks up a lot of yards, Bennet will still be the started when he returns at full health.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

i guess this is kind of good news, now moore if he plays great might have a chance at starting, but i doubt it bc i think tice already has bennett the starter to matter what, but i think that adachinobi echamando or whatever his name is will also play alot, i think he is a little better than buchie

here is what tice has to say about it....

Q: Is the door opening for Mewelde to take the starting job at running back?
    A: You can write whatever you want. Michael Bennett is our starting running back. He's got a dinged neck right now, so Mewelde is going to get the nod this week. It's like a regular season game. One guy goes down; the other guy gets the chance. So that means the guy who was playing special teams, someone has to step up and take his special teams spot and not screw up and play at the same high level. That is an area where we haven't been able to do it. We've had backups come in and not play at a starter's level and there is backups that came up either from practice squad or third team or whatever weren't able to keep the consistency up on special teams. Those have been some of the things I've pointed out. But at the same time, when we're sitting in the staff meetings, it is the first time in four years where there were some heated discussions, almost to the point of arguments, on some of the kids on our football team. You got guys fighting for guys. In the four years I've been our coach, I've said "we're going to cut this guy, this guy, we're going to put this guy at practice squad, and anyone got anything to say" and the coaches would sit there like that. Where we are at right now with our roster, there is a lot of heated discussion about a lot of kids and a lot of positions. That's a good thing. When you are in that position, that means what we have all said we thought we were when this thing started, we have some depth. And we have some quality depth, so as far opening the door, no, I don't see that.

Bennett injured? WIERD. We should trade him for a punter.

haha, we do need a punter, bennett can't even punt his age and thats preety bad

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

While I don't like to see Bennett get hurt, it will be nice to see MeMo run with the starters again! I'm still not ready to axe MB though.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"natethegreat" wrote:
    here is what tice has to say about it....

Q: Is the door opening for Mewelde to take the starting job at running back?
    A: You can write whatever you want. Michael Bennett is our starting running back. He's got a dinged neck right now, so Mewelde is going to get the nod this week. It's like a regular season game. One guy goes down; the other guy gets the chance. So that means the guy who was playing special teams, someone has to step up and take his special teams spot and not screw up and play at the same high level. That is an area where we haven't been able to do it. We've had backups come in and not play at a starter's level and there is backups that came up either from practice squad or third team or whatever weren't able to keep the consistency up on special teams. Those have been some of the things I've pointed out. But at the same time, when we're sitting in the staff meetings, it is the first time in four years where there were some heated discussions, almost to the point of arguments, on some of the kids on our football team. You got guys fighting for guys. In the four years I've been our coach, I've said "we're going to cut this guy, this guy, we're going to put this guy at practice squad, and anyone got anything to say" and the coaches would sit there like that. Where we are at right now with our roster, there is a lot of heated discussion about a lot of kids and a lot of positions. That's a good thing. When you are in that position, that means what we have all said we thought we were when this thing started, we have some depth. And we have some quality depth, so as far opening the door, no, I don't see that.

Sounds like what I heard on the radio(KFAN) was right, that Tice was fighting with the other coaches about the #1 RB spot. Everyone else thinks mewelde moore should start.

I don't get it either. Tice says Bennett is our starter no matter what? That doesn't sound like a competition, that he said there was gonna be, between MM and Bennett, earlier this off-season. It's not like Bennett has preformed good enough to have already won the competition. He is so big headed that he won't even give MM a chance at winning the job.

If there's anything or anyone that I am worried about holding this team down this year, from meeting expectations, it's definitely Tice. He makes so many poor decisions, it's ridiculous!

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

amen to that muchluv4smoot, Tice is this teams biggest thorn, shat for brains :shock:
    Once again Bennett proves his @$$ is glass, he should be situational player only, screens and thats about it, or hey wait a minute, Tice how about a pitchout to Bennett to get him on the outside edge?? that'd be too simple i guess
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I really hated Tice's comment about getting Bennett "6 or 7 yards down the field" so he could make a play. Personally, I don't care if it's the third stringer for the Barcelona Dragons, if you get an NFL running back 6 or 7 yards down the field he's going to make a play regardless of who he is, and even getting your running back 6 or 7 yards down the field is a chore.

That's the difference between Bennett and Moore to me. Bennett will make a HUGE play if all of the pieces fall into place and he can get a wide open lane, but MeMo makes much better plays, and is better at being nifty and breaking tackles to get "6 or 7 yards down the field."

Like I said before, I'm not mailing it in on Bennett, but my confidence in him has been shaken.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast