Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    skogs02 is offline Starter

All this Fav-re talk made me think about...

favre would be a close second

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

This guy "Hovan," you speak. Can't be overhyped as I've never heard of him. Is he related to Ragnar?
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

Favre is a great QB, dont be blinded by your loyalty to the Vikes. How any of you can even watch a Monday night game without the mute button on is beyond me. Madden is a freeking moron, i would like nothing better to hang him from a tree and stick him like the pig he is, but WAIT! Since he hails from my hometown i should be blinded by loyalty and think he is god! NOT!

Whole lot of you are so blinded by your loyalty it makes me :lol: IRL! OMG Moss needs to play now! Dont mind his hamstring injury and its one of the worst injuries a player of his type can get. He shouldn't played last week,he still hobbled down the field like a crippled man. But OMG he caught a pass for a TD, pleeeeease! Were talking about the Jags here, not like they have any decent backs. Ok, im done venting, just some of you blinded loyalist need to learn to stfu sometimes. :angryfire:

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    "skogs02" wrote:
    randy deserves the talk he gets
    Oh, you're right Skogs. Thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now. Randy deserves his praise but Favre doesn't because Favre has accomplished nothing in his career. The biggest media mistake ever was when the media hyped up Hovan. If there was ever anyone that was overhyped, I'd have to give first prize to him.
    the biggest media mistake ever?????????? that'd probably be hyping mandrich. he was the biggest fucking flop ever, he was worse than ryan leaf. and the pack took him instead of barry..........

there is no way hovan is THE BIGGEST MEDIA MISTAKE EVER when mandrich was gracing SI covers before he even played in the NFL. and you cant even argue that.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    I think that proves a point. Daunte is having a better season than Fav, so shouldn't he get a little attention? Yeah, he broke a record, I will give him that and he deserves some attention for it. Honestly though...while the RAMS offense was on the field Madden was still talking about Favre. Its not the Favre show, its football, I want to hear about both teams, not jsut one player because Madden is in a love affair with him. Green Bay is a mediocre team brought slightly above that by the media. When they get a win its straight to the superbowl according to the media. If they lose, "oh well" says the media "they will just win the next five."

If the pack gets a losing record in the next few years I think all of the media wil break down and somehow the world will end because they can't talk about the packers in good light...

Back to the topic though. If it were Favre who didn't know who his dad was they would already have a friggen search team commissioned by ESPN to find him. I dont give a sh*t who it is, they give some players way more coverage than they deserve, and others too little coverage. Favre should get less, Owens should get way way less, Eli is no good, Randy+Daunte connection should get more, stokley should get more. I think manning gets the right amount, at least Manning is not Madden's every other word like Favre, plus Manning is haveing a blowout season. Barber should get more. Drummond should get at least some for his special team efforts. All i'm saying is that most NFL fans are sick of hearing about just Favre, Owens, and McNabb, spread it around a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stokley....you da man!!! Give him some love! From....Louisiana-Lafayette...the Ragin' Cajuns...hell yeah!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"poult" wrote:
    "superior230bartime" wrote:
    "skogs02" wrote:
    randy deserves the talk he gets
    Oh, you're right Skogs. Thanks for clearing that up for me, it all makes perfect sense now. Randy deserves his praise but Favre doesn't because Favre has accomplished nothing in his career. The biggest media mistake ever was when the media hyped up Hovan. If there was ever anyone that was overhyped, I'd have to give first prize to him.
    the biggest media mistake ever?????????? that'd probably be hyping mandrich. he was the biggest fucking flop ever, he was worse than ryan leaf. and the pack took him instead of barry..........

there is no way hovan is THE BIGGEST MEDIA MISTAKE EVER when mandrich was gracing SI covers before he even played in the NFL. and you cant even argue that.
    I must agree...Tony Mandarich SUCKED!!!!

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Poult,

You are so fucking correct about T. Mandrich. What a piece of shit. Even all us fans knew it. I remember people in the stands shouting down to him, "hey waterboy". He did not like it one bit!

That was over- media hype that has/will never be repeated.
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Until Favre retires and you guys have to go out and find another QB...who will immediately be billed as the second coming of Favre...and just as quickly crumble under the pressure!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"Eyesore" wrote:
    Poult,

You are so fucking correct about T. Mandrich. What a piece of shit. Even all us fans knew it. I remember people in the stands shouting down to him, "hey waterboy". He did not like it one bit!

That was over- media hype that has/will never be repeated.
    there was another guy, bosworth or whatever...... how long did he play?? i think he was a bust after the media hyped his ass.

but Superior......... even pack fans can agree that hovan wasnt the biggest media mistake ever....... mandrich was.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Del Rio Guest

Packer fans sure get away with some foul language on here. The attention Moss gets is no where near the attention Favre gets how can that even be a comparison? Frankly he has been going through some rough times but even he says when he gets on the field it is a way to escape his problems.

So lets talk about him all the time because he has a place to escape his problems. Look he is a HOF QB no doubt he is one of the best all time. He played through injury, hardship. Probably because GB has no reliable #2 but how many players do play hurt? How many players play through hardship?My guess are a lot.

I'm just not impressed that he can play football after a death in the family. Especially when he says it's an escape for him. The only reason he is getting so much hype is because he is old. He is about to retire. And all the old football analysts have watched his entire carreer unfold and they are pulling for him to go out in style.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast