Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

All Day Will Get His Pay Day

One big elephant that will soon be parking his behind in some room in Winter Park (probably Rob Brzezinski’s office) is that of Adrian Peterson’s contract status.

Peterson is set to make over $10 million in 2011 but it is no secret he would like to see the Vikings give him a long term contract as soon as possible. While he hasn’t followed in the steps of Chris Johnson yet and used the “H” word, we have to suspect that a holdout isn’t out of the realm of possibility here.
    All Day Will Get His Pay Day
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: All Day Will Get His Pay Day

I know the first link was a blog site. Not very legitimate so I thought I would pull one of the links from the blog that is from a "Vikings" news site.

Hope that legitimizes this enough for some people who have higher standards than some of us simple minded yutz's......:P

Adrian Peterson was named the league’s third-best player, for good reason. After four seasons, he is ready to rule the Vikings’ all-time rushing records and his numbers to this point stack up to or surpass numerous Hall of Famers.
    Records ready to fall for Peterson
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It will be interesting to see how the offense really gets set up in relation to the run/pass game and IMHO that will determine how much value AD brings to the team. If we start to look more like Atlanta or Pittsburgh then he will be a huge asset. If we are going to run closer to the walsh WCO then there are cheaper backs we could get that would work and we could spend the money on a WR or 2.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1100287
    It will be interesting to see how the offense really gets set up in relation to the run/pass game and IMHO that will determine how much value AD brings to the team. If we start to look more like Atlanta or Pittsburgh then he will be a huge asset. If we are going to run closer to the walsh WCO then there are cheaper backs we could get that would work and we could spend the money on a WR or 2.
    If Musgrave were smart, he'd use the cards that were dealt to him. ASSUMING we don't get a windfall of receivers in free agency, we are built to run, and complete some short/mid passes with our rookie QB, TE's and possibly as many as One good receiver. Not saying AP's gonna get 400 carries, but I expect a heavy dose of AP, with a bunch of Toby/Booker sprinkled into the mix.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100283
    I know the first link was a blog site. Not very legitimate so I thought I would pull one of the links from the blog that is from a "Vikings" news site.

Hope that legitimizes this enough for some people who have higher standards than some of us simple minded yutz's......:P

Adrian Peterson was named the league’s third-best player, for good reason. After four seasons, he is ready to rule the Vikings’ all-time rushing records and his numbers to this point stack up to or surpass numerous Hall of Famers.
    Records ready to fall for Peterson
    First article didn't really say anything any of us didn't know already.

a) he's good
    b) his contract's coming up
    c) he's good
    d) he's expensive
    e) he's good
    f) we need him back.

second article was kinda interesting though. I knew he was within striking distance of alot of team records, but cool to get some of those "records" thare aren't really records, but interesting nonetheless.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100288
    If Musgrave were smart, he'd use the cards that were dealt to him. ASSUMING we don't get a windfall of receivers in free agency, we are built to run, and complete some short/mid passes with our rookie QB, TE's and possibly as many as One good receiver. Not saying AP's gonna get 400 carries, but I expect a heavy dose of AP, with a bunch of Toby/Booker sprinkled into the mix.
    That is soooooo true

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah, the $10+ million is chump change.

Peterson is very good, but he is not great. He fumbled away too many games, and he has trouble breaking the first low tackle on the edge.

That stated, Peterson is an asset the Vikings will need to compete. I just hope the Vikings don't go all Mauer on him and ruin other areas of the team for one player.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100288
    +1