Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Alexander

alexander is a great back, pro bowl caliber. If we can land him it would be huge, the icing on the cake in fact. We need someone with size and speed, not just speed....Now if he comes in and does well, that does limit C4, and I for one am really excited about the future of C4 myself. But screw it, bring in alexander...we need em

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

It would be ludacris for not to trade a 3rd round pick for a guy like Alexander.

Money isn't a problem. We've still got plent of money this year and look to be in really good shape for the years to come. Also alot of our players now have multi-year contracts, so I'm feeling really good about the upcomming seasons with a lot of money to spend and very few holes to fill (presumably, locking up a potential 2,000-yard rusher in Alexander would be huge for us).

How good is Alexander at catching out of the backfield. Bennett is friggin awesome at that and I don't want to lose the screen....

I can't get to excited about this being true, but it sure would be awesome.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Here is the stats page for Alexander:
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187382
    (I figured it was easier to link it - stats tables never look right in posts)

Last year was the lowest year of his career, not counting his first year when he only started one game, as far as catching the ball. However, it was his best year rushing, so it just looks like Seattle wanted to run the ball more. In the previous three years, he was averaging 48 receptions, and 7.6 YPR.

Oh, and anyone like my new sig?

studwell55 is offline Waterboy

There is a reason the rest of the NFL has not gone after guys like alexander and edge, because you can find guys in middle rounds of drafts that are much, much cheaper. Granted not as good of a back, but with the salary cap you need to save money somewhere. The problem would not be this year with alexander it would be a few years down the road when running backs tend to wear down. That being said, i would still love to see Alexander in purple next year.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Does someone have a link to prove this has any basis, or do we have a red herring here....

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8540022

Here's a deal that quietly has been discussed, hasn't come to fruition, but should: The Jaguars should trade a third-round pick to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl running back Shaun Alexander, a deal that makes sense for both sides. The Jaguars would get the insurance they need for Fred Taylor, as well a draw who is wildly popular in Alabama and would help boost attendance in Jacksonville, at a relatively modest cost. The Seahawks would get back a third-round pick in addition to salary-cap relief they need and want for a player who has vowed not to sign the tender that Seattle has given him. Makes great sense. Now it's up to both teams to make it happen. Problem is, the Jaguars -- not the Seahawks -- have balked at it. Right now, they're not willing to pay the Seahawks or Alexander.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Man, I wish we could get Alexander.. But i haven't seen any rumors that have us involved in it.. We should contact Shreddarguy haha

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

It's not just for a 3rd rounder. Bennett is included in the trade. Again, I haven't seen this rumor anywhere but it was mentioned on NFL Radio this morning.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah.. Maybe they were just trying to fill time and came up with that or something

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    It's not just for a 3rd rounder. Bennett is included in the trade. Again, I haven't seen this rumor anywhere but it was mentioned on NFL Radio this morning.
    All they want is the third rounder for Alexander...we don't have to give them Bennett.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast