Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Alexander

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Alexander

"ejmat" wrote:
    Being that Walker has only been in the league 3 years and only started 1 1/2 years, I don't think that is a fair assessment

"he has not produced year in and year out like Alexander does....yet."

If you think about it, his 2nd year was as good as Randy Moss' year last year. The only difference is Moss scored more TDs. 13-9
    BUT JSquawk still has two years left on his contract...honor the contract, keep producing and then they can talk about a larger contract...HONOR THE CONTRACT!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I hear ya Cajun. I have to say that in Javon Walker's case, he has a valid point. He's making near the league minimum and he is a top WR whether we like to admit it or not. He started breaking out the middle of 2003 when he started to start games. He's been pretty good ever since. They are not doing anything different than CC and BW. I think JW has more of a beef than anybody. Alexander is just looking for a long term deal. TO is being a whinny baby. CC and BW are being whinny as well.

Brax is offline Waterboy

J Walker signed a 6 year deal in his rookie year. The deal was worth 9.5 mil, that works out to be 1.58 mil per year when you factor in the signing bonus. His stats are not that good

yards/TDs
    319/1
    716/9
    1382/12

He had one good year. If he waited until next year, he would have one year left on his contract and 1 more good year numbers wise(maybe). This would give him a reason to look for a new contract. I think he is trying this year because he knows he may not be able to repeat last year numbers. If he doesn't, his leverage for a big contract drops. 1 good year does not make a superstar.

He's only been an every down player for 1 1/2 years. You can't fault him for low stats his first 1 1/2 years because he didn't play much. His stats last year are pretty close to Randy Moss' stats this year. I know Randy was hurt 5 games but Wlaker only started 9 games in 2003.

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

Ok if we trade for Alexander who would we trade for him?

That's easy........Bennett and/or a 3rd round pick. The Hawks are willing to let him go for a 3rd round pick only. The thing is we won't need Bennett at all with Alexander here. Alexander is a "proven" upgrade to Bennett. Key word there is PROVEN so people don't get upset at me for thinking I'm putting down Bennett.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910