Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Alert: Non Childress hater here!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

[
    Like I said before, look at his CV.
    You are wondering why people defend him when I am wondering how people can throw someone under the bus before they are even given a chance.
    I've been following this team for a long time and I still like the changes I'm seeing.
    They obviously have to get better at implementing those changes.

Like I've said before and you apparently ignore, the Vikings have lost three games by a total of less than two TDS.
    Total of less than two TDs in three games.
    That is a team that is potentially on the cusp of turning things around.
    I may not have been a professional NFL coach, but, I did pass first grade math.

You want to know Childress' background?
    Just [size=12pt]click here[/size] and read it.
    I'm sure his >30 yrs of professional coaching experience has not taught him anything.
    Thinking can be your friend.
    It says right there in the reading he has 29 years of coaching experiance. This is his 30th year coaching. How that works out to greater than 30 is beyond me. You sure you passed 1st grade math? Thinking can be your friend.........
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Riiight.
    Because only people who have played the game at a professional level can become good coaches. :
    I don't remember, what team did Bill Belichick play for again?
    What about Bill Parcells? Denny Green? Bill Walsh?
    Mike Tomlin?
    Everyone you metioned played at the college level other than "The cheat". You sould reseach things before u post them.
    I "sould reseach"?
    How do I "sould reseach" something.
    On the same note, everyone I "metioned" only played at the college level?
    Oops, I guess spelling didn't come until 3rd grade.
    Don't give up, you will get there.

Before you start trying to be smart and calling out other people, you might want to make sure that you aren't making yourself look like an idiot at the same time.
    Attacking people for spelling & grammatical errors is highly frowned upon by the webmaster.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I believe the coach needs three years. I'm not happy with the results, so far; but, we haven't gone far enough. If this season continues to be a stinker, with no progress on the Offense, and it becomes obvious that the team has given up; then, goodbye, B-Chill. For me, the key is how the team plays at the end of the season. A bad year (by Viking standards) can be offset by the effort of the team at the end. That's how you judge the football character. B-Chill is supposed to be all about character. If his team gives up, then the character is not there, and he will have failed. If the record is bad, but the team is still trying to win every game to the end, then B-Chill deserves another year. Afterall, who will you replace him with? Cowher? Cowher won't come here. Parcells? C'mon. Andy Reid might be available, according to some scribes. At least Reid would be using the same kind of talent that B-Chill has tried to accumulate, and we wouldn't need to turn the roster over, AGAIN. You bring in a new coach, he needs to bring in his own guys, and there you are...stuck on a merry-go-round. I'd rather have B-Chill in his third year, barring that whole team quitting on him thing. Unless Bud wants back in.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

[
    You are wondering why people defend him when I am wondering how people can throw someone under the bus before they are even given a chance.
    I've been following this team for a long time and I still like the changes I'm seeing.

Like I've said before and you apparently ignore, the Vikings have lost three games by a total of less than two TDS.

I'm sure his >30 yrs of professional coaching experience has not taught him anything.
    It says right there in the reading he has 29 years of coaching experiance. This is his 30th year coaching. How that works out to greater than 30 is beyond me. You sure you passed 1st grade math? Thinking can be your friend.........
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Riiight.
    Because only people who have played the game at a professional level can become good coaches. :
    Mike Tomlin?
    Everyone you metioned played at the college level other than "The cheat". You sould reseach things before u post them.
    I "sould reseach"?

Before you start trying to be smart and calling out other people, you might want to make sure that you aren't making yourself look like an idiot at the same time.
    Attacking people for spelling & grammatical errors is highly frowned upon by the webmaster.

I know.
    I purposely posted that as a response to similar attacks by him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

[

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Riiight.
    Mike Tomlin?
    I "sould reseach"?

I know.
    I purposely posted that as a response to similar attacks by him.
    Must be in a different thread. I didn't see it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scumpuke is offline Rookie

i like childress for many reasons but i have lately been thinking that bottom line he should be an assistant coach. he really isn't performing completely as a head coach.
    Partyin' Purple Style!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

what can we do.
    for better or worse childress and tjack are our guys.
    i'm not saying we can't complain about em, cuz i'll be the first person to do so.
    but with the bad, lets look at some good.
    we did play better last week, offensive line protected better, play action worked, wrs made some nice catches and no easy drops, we saw speed and athleticism at every skill position except for fucking holcomb, and we ran a decent 2 minute offense, besides the pick of course to end the game.
    i know some felt that holcomb or anyone for that matter would have been better than tjack, but for better or worse we did lose our starting qb for 2 weeks.
    i'm not trying to compare tony romo to tjack, but if they lost romo they aren't the same team as are most teams in the nfl.

i guess what i'm saying is, through all the dismal play we've seen after starting 4-2 last season, last week was the first time i felt a bit of optimism that we can start to do some things on offense.
    i wish tjack could been out there too so i could be just as optimistic about him, but nonetheless.
    so if anyone is looking for a silver lining in it all, coming from one of the most pessimistic people you'll talk to, there you go.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"scumpuke" wrote:
    i like childress for many reasons but i have lately been thinking that bottom line he should be an assistant coach. he really isn't performing completely as a head coach.
    I was thinking of saying that but I thought it wasnt worth the arguement.

The way I see it he is good in certain areas. He can scout very well. He's seems like he can do somethings right even if the only thing I can think of now is drafting/scouting (Im kind of tired). But the weakness in him just gets so exploited. Hes just not complete. Hes not solid and when your not solid your not a head coach but when your an assistant coach the head coach can utilize those skills of yours and those alone so no one looks at your weakness's in coaching because no one sees them. Maybe thats why he looked like a "Offensive Guru." Maybe thats why we originally thought he was so great because no one ever saw his bad spots. like maybe there was a reason that he never called plays in Philly beyond Andy Reid thinking he himself was amazing at it (which I doubt) and plus your not under the immense pressure to excel at every area. Offensive coordinator was fine for Childress. In my opinion lets keep it like that.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011