Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs

    [size=13pt]Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs[/size]

    Originally published August 16, 2009 at 7:02 p.m., updated August 16, 2009 at 9:14 p.m.

    By Chip Scoggins
    Star Tribune (Minneapolis)
    (MCT)



    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings running back Albert Young studied the way Chester Taylor moved his feet during a certain drill early in training camp and thought he would incorporate that technique into his game, too.....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs


    It's going to be interesting to watch the competition between Albert and Ian unfold this preseason. Good situation to be in as a team, as alot of good players are not going to make the final cuts. I hope we can retain the loser of this battle on the practice squad.

  3. #3
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs

    Albert is a completely different player than he was last year.
    He's impressed me, which is saying something because I have been extremely against him


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  4. #4
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Albert is a completely different player than he was last year.
    He's impressed me, which is saying something because I have been extremely against him
    agreed.
    I was impressed, and last season he looked like crap, I didn't even want him on the PS.

  5. #5
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Albert is a completely different player than he was last year.
    He's impressed me, which is saying something because I have been extremely against him
    agreed.
    I was impressed, and last season he looked like crap, I didn't even want him on the PS.
    I couldn't believe it either. What a turn around.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Albert Young watches, learns from Vikings' star backs

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Albert is a completely different player than he was last year.
    He's impressed me, which is saying something because I have been extremely against him
    agreed.
    I was impressed, and last season he looked like crap, I didn't even want him on the PS.
    I couldn't believe it either. What a turn around.
    then again, none of our backs looked particularly good last preseason eitehr.

Similar Threads

  1. Albert Young
    By Johnson14 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM
  2. Albert Young has eye on an expanded role
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
  3. Meet Albert Young, possible backup to Adrian Peter
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
  4. On T-Jack and Vikings Q-Backs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Vikings: Young and the Rested: Vince Young
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 04:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •