Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Ahhh, how sad to be back... :)

Amen dude what the hell was that packer fan trying to prove picking a fight over that, what an ass still trying to live off the glory of last year

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

LOL.... the last 6 posts prove the ignorance and lack of intelligence of the fans here. The only post with a shred of dignity was by muchluv4moss because it is obvious that he has thought about what to say and said it in an intelligent way. I do respectfully disagree with many of his points, but at least he had a point. The rest was just spewing off "Were the greatest in the world...blah blah blah..."

Anyway, you can talk about all your acqusitions on paper all you want. No one has denied that you have improved yourself from last year. You have closed the gap. But until you get a QB who can hang onto the ball, a receiver who can complement Moss, and some sort of middle level defense you will remain behind the rest of the elite teams.

It is amazing how confident Viking fans are before the pads go on.

But again, its all in fun... just funny how defensive some of you get....lol.. and the stuff you really believe...
    3 Straight Division Champs

it's also amazing how you can think the packers are still an elite team. and your arguements are repetative and dull in the fact that they are baseless. you could only hope to have a young quarterback as good as culpepper. none of your wide recievers could start on the vikings wit hmoss and robinson. seriously. and at least our management is trying to improve our defense, which will be at least average this year. if it's all in fun, then have some actual points and arguements, otherwise you're just another troll looking to piss people off.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    LOL.... the last 6 posts prove the ignorance and lack of intelligence of the fans here. The only post with a shred of dignity was by muchluv4moss because it is obvious that he has thought about what to say and said it in an intelligent way. I do respectfully disagree with many of his points, but at least he had a point. The rest was just spewing off "Were the greatest in the world...blah blah blah..."

Anyway, you can talk about all your acqusitions on paper all you want. No one has denied that you have improved yourself from last year. You have closed the gap. But until you get a QB who can hang onto the ball, a receiver who can complement Moss, and some sort of middle level defense you will remain behind the rest of the elite teams.

But again, its all in fun... just funny how defensive some of you get....lol.. and the stuff you really believe...

(1) Daunte didn't fumble last year. He fumbled as much as the average QB did. So lets quit with that talk. Last offseason, it was int's, but can't talk about that this offseason can you. Maybe you should just give up on trying to say our PRO BOWL QB sucks.

(2) We did get a WR to compliment Moss, his name is Marcus Robinson. You can even go to packchatters.com and see that a bunch of packers fans are worried about him. We also got a TE to go down the middle, which will take even more guys off Moss. It is hard to expect moss to do better than last year, but it could very well happen, with the new guys we've added around him.

(3) Why did we need to get a WR to compliment Moss any ways? Moss did have 17 TD's last year, and was by far the best WR in the league, with no compliment. The Vikes did have the #1 offense in the league, playing most of the year, without their pro bowl RB. So, if you don't think Robinson is a compliment to moss, then who cares, our offense seemed fine last year. The packers are the ones who need WR help, not us. How long is it gonna take for Walker and Ferguson to develope? Robinson would be your #2 WR if you guys signed him.

(4) We have improved our D every year, since Tice has been here, and it won't stop this year. Like I said before, we added 2 great players at our weak spots on D. Both Winfield and Udeze are pro bowl caliber players. Dontarrious Thomas brings the speed and athleticism to our weak side LB, that was lacking last year. EJ is so much more mobile and athletic than Biekert was, and also Claiborne is gonna be healthy. When he was healthy, at the beginning of last season, he was making plays all over the field. So let's break down our D. Our D-line has 3 pro bowl caliber players, that will all need to be doubled at times. That area is no where near weak. Our secondary has last years int leader(russell), a pro bowl safety who was 2nd in the NFL in int's(chavous), a shutdown CB who is the best tackling CB in the league(winfield), and a very good underrated CB who had as many int's as the pack's leader in int's did(brian williams). Finally no one can call our secondary a weak spot anymore. That brings me to our one question mark on our D, the LB's. We all saw what claiborne brings to the table when healthy, early last season, so strong side is fine. In the middle you can try to question EJ, but he will do just fine. With hovan and Kevin williams taking up blockers in the middle, this will allow EJ to rome free and have a great year. Weak side can be looked at as our weak spot on our D right now. We have a rookie, who we expect to be our starter, and if not we have a 2nd year guy. With the rookie, he brings speed, athleticism, intelligence, and hard hitting, so I think he is gonna be a good LB in the NFL. If Nattiel starts instead, then he brings even more speed and more knowledge of our D, since he played a lot last year. I really don't see how you can't expect our d to at least be in the middle of the pack, which is definately good enough with our offense.

So yes, we have improved many positions, this offseason, on paper, which is all you can do at this point in the year. No one can argue that they improved their team on the field, because the teams haven't played yet.

I still would like to no where you say the packers improved at, besides punter(again, nice move to move up in the 3rd round to draft a punter!). You guys have plenty of D-line worries, you should have used one of your first 3 picks on a d-lineman, DE or DT, since you guys need both.

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Im just going to keep my mouth shut i learned my lesson last yr wen fellow viking fans turned on me so ill read the ribbings just wont respond to them!

Vikings 2004 :king:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Say what you wish muchluv4moss.... Like I said earlier, you have done your homework, and that I respect. I disagree that Robinson is an improvment from what you had, but we will see. As I did last year, if I am wrong I will still be here. I do remember all these arguements, even through the losing streak. Oh well.... its obvious some fans are not as educated as you and make silly posts such as amavikesfan, so I hope to be able to converse with you some more 1-on-1... and remember, never did I say the Packers were elite or even great. I just don't think the Vikings did enough to make themselves better than the Pack is all. The one thing that does bug me is the constant ripping on Favre, who has proven to be one of the best ever in the league. I may not like Moss, but never will deny the talent..... talking good football is one thing... trash talking is another....
    3 Straight Division Champs

fan4favre is offline Starter

"tlk23" wrote:
    Packman, could you please tell me what player had the most INT last year and what team he played for? Just Curious.

Marc Bulger and Joey Harrington tied for 22. Nice try tlk23....but you need to do your homework before trying to slam on the imaginary Packer QB's that actually play for the Rams and Lions respectively.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Your right fan4farve, 21 INTs is much more respectable. Especially compared to 11 by Culpepper. I wonder how many of those were game-losing INTs. I can think of 4 in week one.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"packmanxxxi" wrote:

1)Daunte has made great strides on holding on to the ball from 2002. But, with his small hands, he will probably always have fumbling problems.
    2)Marcus Robinson will fill the need to compliment Moss. He will do that as long as he dosen't get injured. If he does, then we may have a problem, but I think Kelly Campell may be able to fill that void. I really like the guy's speed on the deep routes!
    3)Our defense will be top 10 next year. No more are the crappy Viking defenses of the old. Our secondary has last year's 2 interception leaders, and they combined for 27 picks last year. And, all we did was improve. We picked up Antoine Winfield, who is considered very good by many scouts. He's just the kind of corner we need. Chavous is a beast, and will continue to be. Russell will keep doing good. And, Brian Williams is also making vast improvments. I've heard many people on ESPN say to watch out for him next year and that he will be a force.
    Our linebackers will be better. We got Claiborne, who was good last year until he got injured. But, he'll be back at 100% this year. EJ will be awesome inside as long as he dosen't get arrested on more DUI's . Remember, he did win the Butkus award in college! And, we drafted Dontarrious Thomas, who should end up being pretty good, and may fill the void at starting OLB. We also drafted the guy who led the nation in tackles last year in the late rounds, and he may end up being pretty good.
    D-Line. Hovan, Udeze, Williams, Mixon. Hovan will improve, Udeze will be a beast (shoulder won't be a problem), Williams can only improve from his 10 sacks last year, and Mixon will stay consistent as long as he dosen't get into more DUI trouble. And, this is a very young D-Line. Didn't a young D-Line carry the Panthers to the Super Bowl?
    Also, we were the #1 defense for the last 4 weeks of the season (yardage and points given up) when Williams was moved to the inside. Williams is staying on the inside, and our D has made vast improvments. I'm looking for at least top 10 this year.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Say what you wish muchluv4moss.... Like I said earlier, you have done your homework, and that I respect. I disagree that Robinson is an improvment from what you had, but we will see. As I did last year, if I am wrong I will still be here. I do remember all these arguements, even through the losing streak. Oh well.... its obvious some fans are not as educated as you and make silly posts such as amavikesfan, so I hope to be able to converse with you some more 1-on-1... and remember, never did I say the Packers were elite or even great. I just don't think the Vikings did enough to make themselves better than the Pack is all. The one thing that does bug me is the constant ripping on Favre, who has proven to be one of the best ever in the league. I may not like Moss, but never will deny the talent..... talking good football is one thing... trash talking is another....
    if you were as educated as you claim to be, you would realize that the vikings have more tallent, top to bottom. farve is a great quarterback, i never said he wasn't. i even said he makes the people around him better. and at one time was the best PLAYER in the league. and he is still good enough that many teams would like to have him. but as far as still being the best qb in the league, that's not happening.
    you can take pot shots at me if you wish, it just proves you're a troll. however, i believe that other posters here (one or two being packer fans) think my posts are well researched and well thought out. if it's all in fun, don't make it personal, talk football, like you said
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast