Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Ahhh, how sad to be back... :)

The Pack secondary was toast last year, imagine them without their best defensive player, McKenzie. You can't blame him for wanting out - He saw the writing on the wall..., the Pack will have a mediocre season, at best, and start the re-building process. What's more, rebuilding won't be done before Brett Favre retires - then where will they be? It's a sad time to be a Packer's fan. I just hope the paint thinner's worn off before they proceed with the trash talking this year. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

OH, by the way, it's a good thing you traded up for the punter, lol, you're going to need a good one this year. My guess is Sherman saw the writing on the wall.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

it almost brings a tear to my eye, i have missed this stuff, i need the season to start,
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

HAHAHA... what other sport does the ribbin' start 4 months in advance.... Awesome....

By the way.... talk about secondary.... lol or lack of one in your case.... enjoy the toasts they'll get all season, and they won't be the beer or wine filled kind.
    3 Straight Division Champs

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    HAHAHA... what other sport does the ribbin' start 4 months in advance.... Awesome....

By the way.... talk about secondary.... lol or lack of one in your case.... enjoy the toasts they'll get all season, and they won't be the beer or wine filled kind.

I didnt know Slacker fans knew how to use a computer. :P
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Packman, could you please tell me what player had the most INT last year and what team he played for? Just Curious.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

hey packman your a moron dude your team is on the decline your talking about old news too the season is like 4 months over man and your still talking about how the cards got lucky and so did the packers? well no i guess go ahead and bragg about how great the packers are cause i garuntee when the season gets going you wont be as happy and boastful
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Lucky to make the playoffs huh? lol..... The best QB in the league, an 1800 yd rusher, a line with 5 starters who started every game..... nahhh they had nothing to do with it....

Just one thing... how can you say the Viking have a better chance after a 9-7 season than the Packers after a 10-6 season? Just wondering what your reasoning is? Is it a draft in which your 1st selection is often injured and will be requiring surgery? Is it those HUGE FA pickups you have? lol Just curious, because I don't see it.
    best qb in the league? not hardly. able to make something out of nothing? you bet. 1800 yard rusher, yeah, when he's not putting the ball on the ground. an o-line with 5 starters returning...with old men at guard and average at best tackles. don't get me started on your d. you have A good linbacker, i'll give you that.oh and that safety sharper. other than them, i don't even want to hear it from ya
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Nice for you to stop in and say "Hello", umm, in your way Packman, well, kinda. I do remember you from last year, wish you had Los A's wit..but *sigh* so it goes. Yeah, our secondary, they suck. One pro bowler, one with 9 int., the best non- F tagged corner on the market, good point. I almost cry every time I read the "ads ???" on the websites about Mckenzie..."one of the best shutdown corners in the league"... Like he can even lick Champ Bailey's shoes. Oh, darn, wait, you lost him, good luck with Al Harris, and the rest. I think Moss will make me Al Harris's biggest fan. =P.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

You can really tell by his arguement, that he doesn't even believe that the Pack have a shot in hell of winning the division. We also could have had 20 of 22 returning starters, if we wanted too, like you guys. Instead, we moved some of our average starters to 2nd string, and brought in better players to take their place. This is how you improve a team! You bring in 2 pro bowl caliber players, at the 2 weak spots on your d. You guys did basically nothing to improve your weak spots, and yes you had weak spots. You guys did draft 2 good CB's, but if you keep McKenzie, you just wasted your draft on 3rd and 4th string guys. If you get rid of him, you are gonna have 2 rookies in your top 4 CB's, I don't think that is improving your pass d much. Yes, that will improve it in the future, but not this season.

We brought in the 2nd best CB in FA, behind Champ Bailey(who is the best in the NFL). We now have a shutdown CB, who other teams won't throw at. At Buffalo, he was never thrown at, according to the scouts of the 13 teams who wanted to sign him this offseason. He is also the best tackler and hardest hitting CB in the league. No, he probably won't have a bunch of int's for us, but we don't need that, with having last years int leader and another guy with the 2nd most in the NFL. He is gonna force other teams to throw at brian williams(one of the most underrated CB's in the league) more often, and he CAN intercept the ball. We have a talented young secondary for the first time in a while, and they finally aren't a weak area for us.

We had another weak area on D, and addressed that in the draft. We drafted the best pass rusher in the draft. He was a top 10 talent guy, who we got at 20, plus a 4th round pick, so that was an awesome pick. You say he is always injured, but how many games did he miss? He always plays, and is gonna play this year. He had 3 sacks in his bowl game, with the injury happening the game before. He isn't gonna have surgery, the doctors told him it will heal on its own. He is gonna be one of the top pass rusing DE's in the game, and unlike KGB, he can play the run well too. All you can say bad about this guy, is that you think he needs surgery, WRONG. I believe you used this arguement last year, when you tried to tell us that EJ henderson was not a steal in the 2nd round, because he had a bad back. well,, now he is our starting MLB and will show you guys what you missed by drafting the 2nd best MLB that year. Try and find something else to say bad about Udeze, which is gonna be immpossible. Hey LA will tell you how good he thinks Udeze is, he wanted the pack to trade up and get him.

We have also improved the only other weak area on our D, the speed and athleticism at LB. We have EJ at MLB now, not slow Biekert. We added a very fast and athletic LB through the draft, in Dontarrious Thomas. He is being overlooked by many, but is a really good LB. Claiborne is getting healthy, which he hasn't been since early in last season, and will be back to his playmaking self.

We have added many players to improve weak areas on our team. We needed a #2 WR and we got that in Marcus Robinson. If, and this is a big if, he can stay healthy, we have all seen how dangerous he is when healthy. We will now see how dangerous he will be, across from the best WR in the NFL.

We needed a pass catching TE, and we got that in Wiggins. He is gonna be the first TE we have had, since chamberlain's first year here, that can go down the middle and take some of the defenders off Moss. He should have a good year in our offense.

We have impoved at WR, TE, RB(mewelde moore), DE, LB, and CB. Not sure where the packers improved at. Maybe nickel and dime CB's, and punter(nice move, by trading up to get him in the 3rd!). In the NFL today, you have to constantly improve your team, and the Vikes did this offseason, as good as any team did. The pack on the other hand, well they must be happy with being a good team, and not want to be a great team.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast