Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    LosAngelis's Avatar
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,735

    Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    Hey gang...

    You know, it's not too long ago I remember frequenting this fine Viking forum ,and invariably, I'd have to defend the honor of my idol and Packer quarterback from the fiesty throngs of the SKOL crowd.

    Kind of funny how things turn on a dime, isn't it?

    Now, mind you, I have to say that I think Favre has every right to pursue a playing career, and it really doesn't bother me as much as most Packer fans that he's in purple this upcoming year.
    It's hard to play the loyalty card against Favre when the Packer brass made a lot of "business decisions" last year that seemed to fly in the face of loyalty.

    But boy...I can understand the excitement and the misgivings you guys must have.
    WTF is Childress doing calling Favre after the preseason game and begging him (again) to join the team?

    Incidentally, I have tickets for Nov. 1.
    Look for me in the crowd.
    I wouldn't miss that game for the world.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

    Welcome to the NFC North.

  2. #2
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    Welcome back.

  3. #3
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hey gang...

    You know, it's not too long ago I remember frequenting this fine Viking forum ,and invariably, I'd have to defend the honor of my idol and Packer quarterback from the fiesty throngs of the SKOL crowd.

    Kind of funny how things turn on a dime, isn't it?

    Now, mind you, I have to say that I think Favre has every right to pursue a playing career, and it really doesn't bother me as much as most Packer fans that he's in purple this upcoming year.
    It's hard to play the loyalty card against Favre when the Packer brass made a lot of "business decisions" last year that seemed to fly in the face of loyalty.

    But boy...I can understand the excitement and the misgivings you guys must have.
    WTF is Childress doing calling Favre after the preseason game and begging him (again) to join the team?

    Incidentally, I have tickets for Nov. 1.
    Look for me in the crowd.
    I wouldn't miss that game for the world.

    Oh my God he lives! Good to have you back los.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #4
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    Ha ha, Los!



    Now for the first time since the signing, things seem right.

  5. #5
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    The Packers almost had to move on with Rodgers last season.
    Favre made it easy with his retirement waiting games.

    I had hoped the Vikings would pick up or Garcia or Warner over the past few seasons, but Childress went for the untested small college player instead.
    Picking up Favre could be good for both Favre and the Vikings, but that really depends on Favre being able to control his fling first and ask questions later attitude, the ability of Childress and Bevell to open up the offense, and the ability of the offensive line to keep Favre off his back and on target.

    Favre in a Vikings uniform?
    So strange, but I guess we'll see if he is Joe Montana as the Chiefs' QB or Jim Plunkett as the Raiders' QB.

  6. #6
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    "LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hey gang...
    Darn.
    Webby, the password change didn't work.
    8O)

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    Good to see you posting here again Los!

    I'm still looking forward to the return of 6-Kings as well.

    I'm also wondering what Del's take is on the Favre Fiasco.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    Los,


    Nice to see you return.
    You should join us that nigth at the PPO Tailgate.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  9. #9
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    "singersp" wrote:
    Good to see you posting here again Los!

    I'm still looking forward to the return of 6-Kings as well.

    I'm also wondering what Del's take is on the Favre Fiasco.
    A return of cajun would finish it all off!! C'MON CAJUN!! I know you're lurking. haha

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  10. #10
    Vikefantam is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    102

    Re: Ah, how we have all come full circle....

    "Minniman" wrote:
    The Packers almost had to move on with Rodgers last season.
    Favre made it easy with his retirement waiting games.

    I had hoped the Vikings would pick up or Garcia or Warner over the past few seasons, but Childress went for the untested small college player instead.
    Picking up Favre could be good for both Favre and the Vikings, but that really depends on Favre being able to control his fling first and ask questions later attitude, the ability of Childress and Bevell to open up the offense, and the ability of the offensive line to keep Favre off his back and on target.

    Favre in a Vikings uniform?
    So strange, but I guess we'll see if he is Joe Montana as the Chiefs' QB or Jim Plunkett as the Raiders' QB.
    Good points.
    Good to see you again, Minniman!
    Tammy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Spin The Black Circle
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
  3. Practical Joker/s In your Circle of Family/Friends
    By Frostbite in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
  4. In Full Form
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 09:51 AM
  5. Wilf nephew a limited partner in family ownership circle
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 05:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •