Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re:Agent: Pat Williams 'is playing' next season

Dang, this is good news!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

VikingMike wrote:
    Cody at the Senior Bowl weigh-in.

Are you sure? TMZ posted the same picture and said it was Whoopi Goldberg on a bender.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Sajid28 wrote:
    well not really, this guy a season or two left in the tank, if that. and he doesnt play 3rd downs, so either we need jimmy kennedy back or we gotta draft a DT for depth. As for 1st rounders, I think the only way we take a DT with our 29th pick is if there is a steal at that spot. This might not be the place to discuss it, but depending on who we resign + who we sign as free agents, I think our 29th pick should goto our defense.
    Except we draft 30th :P We had a better regular season record than the other losing Conference team (the Jets).

Picking that late does pose an interesting challenge... that late you don't expect to find any game changing 1st year starting ROY type candidates... good thing is we have no need for a 1st year starter (if we ignore the McK thing). It'll be great to let a guy sit and learn whether it be DT under the Wall, a LDE under RayRay and Allen, or an OG under Hutch.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Judge: Vikings' Kevin and Pat Williams can sue NFL in Hennepin County

The split decision in the landmark StarCaps case sets the stage for a March 8 trial that could determine whether the Vikings can count on having their two star defensive linemen on the field when the 2010 season opens in September.

March 8 trial date for Williams Wall

The upshot of Thursday's Williams Wall ruling: The long-discussed case will go to trial in Minnesota state court in less than a month.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Flidais is offline Rookie

Pat, Pat, Pat.

I thought you said you had talked to Favre about retirement?!

Really man, announcing this early is not likely to get you out of training camp.

Should have flip flopped a little while longer.

(Just kidding: I'm overjoyed to see that Pat is coming back, but I do think he should have tried a little harder to get out of training camp. I think he could have gotten away with it).

Prophet wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Yes, disgusting picture. I've seen him play a few times and liked his style. My take is that if he can be that dominant as a fat out of shape bastard, think what he will be able to do with some NFL-style conditioning under the tutelage of Phat Pat for a season. I'm all about inking Cody.
    I see what you like in Cody, I do, but I think I would like him better at 350 than at 370. But getting him down another 20 pounds might be too much for us, especially since 370 is down from his high school weight of over 400.

I just don't see the Vikings as being the team with the discipline that he would need to get the weight off and keep it off. I think with us he'd be more likely to blow back up. We do sort of have a weight control problem with the Vikings.

I think I'd rather see him go to a team that could make him keep the weight off, rather than inking him ourselves and either risking his joints through the excess weight or being in constant trouble with diet drugs and their questionable ingredients.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Flidais wrote:
    Pat, Pat, Pat.

I thought you said you had talked to Favre about retirement?!

Really man, announcing this early is not likely to get you out of training camp.

Should have flip flopped a little while longer.

(Just kidding: I'm overjoyed to see that Pat is coming back, but I do think he should have tried a little harder to get out of training camp. I think he could have gotten away with it).

Prophet wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Yes, disgusting picture. I've seen him play a few times and liked his style. My take is that if he can be that dominant as a fat out of shape bastard, think what he will be able to do with some NFL-style conditioning under the tutelage of Phat Pat for a season. I'm all about inking Cody.
    I see what you like in Cody, I do, but I think I would like him better at 350 than at 370. But getting him down another 20 pounds might be too much for us, especially since 370 is down from his high school weight of over 400.

I just don't see the Vikings as being the team with the discipline that he would need to get the weight off and keep it off. I think with us he'd be more likely to blow back up. We do sort of have a weight control problem with the Vikings.

I think I'd rather see him go to a team that could make him keep the weight off, rather than inking him ourselves and either risking his joints through the excess weight or being in constant trouble with diet drugs and their questionable ingredients.
    I admit that hanging out with Phat Pat probably isn't the best weight reduction plan. I'm thinking that suspensions are hanging in the balance and I have heard nothing but good about the conditioning coach, Kanavy. I would expect him to get the fat boy into playing shape. Phat Pat is a freak of nature and I think Cody could be too with the right conditioning.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Flidais is offline Rookie

Prophet wrote:
    I admit that hanging out with Phat Pat probably isn't the best weight reduction plan.
    Hehe. The trouble is that it's not just Pat. Kevin has been taking the diet drugs too, and, giving McKinnie the benefit of the doubt, McKinnie could and should shed a few to ease the stress on his feet. I love Phil Loadholt, but he gets away with his size because of age. If he's not watching that, a few years from now, he'll be struggling too. Tall athletes like basketball players seem to have an enormous amount of trouble with their knees and ankles to start with, being tall and heavy is most likely not helpful.

Conversely, I think I'd like a few more pounds on Sully, but he already seems to have self-image issues, so I'll leave him alone.

Prophet wrote:
    I'm thinking that suspensions are hanging in the balance and I have heard nothing but good about the conditioning coach, Kanavy. I would expect him to get the fat boy into playing shape. Phat Pat is a freak of nature and I think Cody could be too with the right conditioning.
    I definitely agree that he'd be a monster with the right conditioning; I'm just not sure we're the ones who could give it to him. You may be right about the conditioning coach. I fully realize that the main problem with Pat, Kevin and McKinnie could be that they are older, established players that are not as easy to [strike]bully[/strike] guide. Maybe we could keep a handle on Cody's weight.

I guess we won't know unless we draft him. I wouldn't be opposed. I like him and we could do worse.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Phat Pat comin' back is excellent news. It shows his hunger, and he certainly is better than our bench.

Sajid28 wrote:
    Brazilian Rider wrote:
    Does this mean we can skip getting a DT in this year's draft?
    well not really, this guy a season or two left in the tank, if that. and he doesnt play 3rd downs, so either we need jimmy kennedy back or we gotta draft a DT for depth. As for 1st rounders, I think the only way we take a DT with our 29th pick is if there is a steal at that spot. This might not be the place to discuss it, but depending on who we resign + who we sign as free agents, I think our 29th pick should goto our defense.
    We pick 30th.

But yeah ... this should keep us from going DT at that spot. I would think that we go CB if there is one we really like. I feel like it is a defense pick though.
    None

Glad to see the old phat pat made the right decision. Now lets hope this boasts the same result for ol number 4 as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast