Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Json is offline GM

Re: After Two Games, I like . . .

All I am going to say is that T. Jack had 20 TD's and only 5 interceptions last season in college.
    Now I know he's in the NFL but apparently the mans vision is remarkable.
    It seems that his vision will also be good enough to eventually be a starter in this league.
    Great Pickup by Childress and company.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The team looks to be doing very well at this stage IMO. I did not expect them to be playing this cleanly,without penalties in the preseason as they are fairly notorious for having holding or offsides penalties at the worst times to kill drives.

Here are the things I came up with

- Recievers.
    It looks to me like Johnson is going to do just fine with the group we have. He is not going to have an 80 yard bomb, but he will have enough 30 yard crossing routes to keep people honest and that is all we need in this offense. I do not see any talent out there right now that would upgrade what we have and be guaranteed not to cause trouble.

-QB. Johnson looks solid and really knows how to read coverages and distribute the ball. We controlled the clock and had long drives that kept the D off the field and rested. TJack is clearly developing into the #2 QB and has not made any big mistakes. You cannot say that about the other two.

- O Line. They still have not come into a rythm in the rushing game but have done well in pass blocking. They were solid after the first series against a tough defensive unit. They should be impressive by week one.

- RB's.
    Taylor started off slow but seemed to get into a rythm after a few series. I had doubts about him and favored Moore, but he looks like he has the potential to be an every down back.

-TE
    Wiggins may have lost some weight but still looks pretty slow for a TE, but I am not going to complain about somebody who just catches passes game in and game out. Even the deflected ones. He is great to have on the team.

-D Line.
    They are much better than we have had in years and really look solid. I love a strong D Line and these guys have me smiling.

-LB.
    There were a few mistakes and they didn't look as solid as I would like them to be. Still they played better than last week.

-DB's.

I thought Sharper looked pretty good for the most part,especially on the INT. Blue was really hitting hard and I thought his tackling was very good. I was not impressed with Smoot. I do not know if they intentionally played him that far off of the receiver or if he needs that cushion to cover but he was giving up way too many catches uncontested. He needs to pick up his game in a hurry.
    Good analysis. I agree with most of it.
    This team still has work to do. Special teams didn't improve much from last week. And I'm not talking about fumbling or a short punt as much as blown assignments missed blocks and getting out of position. Although Kluwe handled a high snap very well when holding.
    I'm not concerned with the running game. I think it will be fine.
    I also noticed Fason picking up his blocks in pass protection.
    The jury is still out on Smoot. But it is preseason and these veterans play a little differently. As an example, Sharper went out of bounds on the interception return which I was glad to see.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Formo is offline Team Alumni

I concur with alot said..

As long as the Vikes can stay outta jail, outta the clubs, and for God's sake, off Lake flippin' Minnetonka, I'll be happy..
    They can go 1-15 this year if for once in my memory as a Viking fan they can stay out of flippin' trouble.

If our defense plays better than they have been this preseason and Brad Johnson stays healthy, we are in the playoffs.
    That's my prediction.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Rastak is offline Rookie

"Formo" wrote:
    I concur with alot said..

As long as the Vikes can stay outta jail, outta the clubs, and for God's sake, off Lake flippin' Minnetonka, I'll be happy..
    They can go 1-15 this year if for once in my memory as a Viking fan they can stay out of flippin' trouble.

If our defense plays better than they have been this preseason and Brad Johnson stays healthy, we are in the playoffs.
    That's my prediction.

Too late, thanks to one Koren "120 miles an hour" Robinson.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234