Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: After Two Games, I like . . .

I guess what's impressed me the most after the two pre-season games is the Front Four defensively. They are doing an absolutely great job of creating havoc and rushing the passer -- just exactly what the Tampa 2 is meant to do. I give them an A+

Secondly, I'm impressed with the direction and play of T. Jackson. This young man is coming along must faster than I expected him to. And frankly with the blocking of our offensive line holding off the rush, I would not be afraid, even at this point, to put him in the game if Brad goes down. Grade For T. Jackson is A- but only because he is still on a learning curve.

Brad Johnson. What else can you say about this guy. He runs the WCO like it was made for him. A perfect fit and he's finding his receivers. A

Offensive line blocking for running backs is still trying to gel in my opinion and apparently the rest of you too. But so far they haven't shown me what I expected from such a bunch of standout players. C

Running backs. Taylor is not cutting as well as I expected him to. He doesn't seem to be seeing the holes but just trying to blast through. I don;t know if it's him or the line. C

Wide Receivers. Williamson is still on a learnig curve. He picked it up a notch from last week but he's trying to hard. Not the best group but as someone else said, they can run that cross pattern all day and come up with receptions. I guess the 50-60 yard completion is a thing of the past for the Vikes except on very rare occasions. B
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"illiniviking" wrote:
    It's funny how people ebb and flow with the slightest breeze on this board.
    One small breeze and Tarvaris is a great pick.
    Just wait a little bit until he gets tested before calling it a great choice to pick him.

The same people will be admonishing him in 2008 when he throws 4 picks in a game right after the game they were calling him a hall of famer for leading us to a 4th quarter comeback against the Packers.
    It's good to be excited about his potential, let's not come to any conclusions though on him for a little bit.
    You got us pegged!
    Like I have been saying, its only preseason.

We will crucify him when he tosses his first pick!

illiniviking is offline Waterboy

I shouldn't have said "this board" these are my bretheren.
    I meant to say sports message boards in general and this one is not excluded.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

While flipfloppers do make up the majority of this board, there are some who
    stick to their guys even when they have left Minnesota. Those people cheer hard for players like Moss, Culpepper, and Burleson in the past and Jackson. Williamson, and Taylor presently. However, it seems even though posters like myself still like Moss and Culpepper, we are looked down on for it, and told to "move on."

People who "ebb and slow with the slightest breeze" piss me off at times, but so do those who criticize fans for liking past players.

I mention this because this is a time where the are several new players for fans to take likings to. TJ is doing everything right currently, so there is no reason to hate on him. Some here will change their mind on him after one mistake, others will stick by him after 50 mistakes, and there are some fans who will even stop cheering for the Vikings if/when he leaves the team. Because of this, I think its important to take an objective view.

Personally, I grew way too attached to Daunte and Moss to ever hate them.
    What I hate is how they don't play for the Vikings anymore. As far as the new stars go, overall the board will like them if they are playing well, but fans here seem to value the potential to be good more than they value players who have been good in the past. That is just my observation after
    more than a year of posting here.

Since I am optimistic, I like it. Its a refreshing change compared to the negativity of the Minnesota media and press, but I think the "what have you done for me lately," attitude can be a bit harsh at times. People like Tarvaris may be earning too much praise right now, but Daunte and Moss are given way too little respect on this board IMO.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

boognish is offline Coordinator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    While flipfloppers do make up the majority of this board, there are some who
    stick to their guys even when they have left Minnesota. Those people cheer hard for players like Moss, Culpepper, and Burleson in the past and Jackson. Williamson, and Taylor presently. However, it seems even though posters like myself still like Moss and Culpepper, we are looked down on for it, and told to "move on."

People who "ebb and slow with the slightest breeze" piss me off at times, but so do those who criticize fans for liking past players.

I mention this because this is a time where the are several new players for fans to take likings to. TJ is doing everything right currently, so there is no reason to hate on him. Some here will change their mind on him after one mistake, others will stick by him after 50 mistakes, and there are some fans who will even stop cheering for the Vikings if/when he leaves the team. Because of this, I think its important to take an objective view.

Personally, I grew way too attached to Daunte and Moss to ever hate them.

What I hate is how they don't play for the Vikings anymore. As far as the new stars go, overall the board will like them if they are playing well, but fans here seem to value the potential to be good more than they value players who have been good in the past. That is just my observation after
    more than a year of posting here.

Since I am optimistic, I like it. Its a refreshing change compared to the negativity of the Minnesota media and press, but I think the "what have you done for me lately," attitude can be a bit harsh at times. People like Tarvaris may be earning too much praise right now, but Daunte and Moss are given way too little respect on this board IMO.
    Move on!

Seriously though, in the era of Free Agency a fan really has to root for the team more than the players on the team or your loyalties would become so diluted as to become irrelevant. As for respecting Dainty, it's pretty hard to respect a guy that basically forced his way out of MN and potentially left the Vikes in a very bad situation. Luckily, Johnson appears to be able to carry the load thus far. Call me bitter, but I'll never wish anything but failure for Culpecker; he's a chump who ran away when the going got tough in MN.
    I am a dipshit!!!

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

free agency def puts a hinder on the fan of a player types.

once you get to be in manluv 4 the guy he's baugh by someone with more cap space!!
    U can still root for a player, but as a fan i think the team has to be the #1 priority. unless u are just so in manlust u don't care what team and just root for that player.

I still want moss to find his form,
    I really want nate B gets his catches
    i'd really like T.j to come into one of the best qb's
    and T.w to become the WR we hope he is

but I hope the Vikes Trounce every1 in their path!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

theman is offline Training Camp

"sleepagent" wrote:
    ?This team seems to be rejuvinated despite some potential costly injuries and distractions?
    Okay wow
    DUDE
    so you think that a couple of players in trouble with the law would effect a team that had half itself on a certain boat ride in the past? ???

remember, its all on perspective.
    This stuff is small compared to last year.
    "The Vikes have gotta do what the Vikes have gotta do." ;-)

-theman, gameday

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I know this is a what i like about the 1st two games, but one thing I haven't like yet is the 1st Linebackers have disappeared and haven't been a big factor up to this point.
    Farwell has been the most notable Linebacker so far and D-Thomas has had some moments but after the great camp that EJ had I was expecting more form him and the Greenway injury could loom larger if EJ doesn't excel as much as I was hoping he would during the 1st part of training camp.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

da Defense!
    D-Line may get a national nickname if they keep it up in the reg. season
    D-Backs seem to have less gaps in coverage (by far) excluding Fast Freddie
    LB's--

#56 EJ has been (my) most visably improved. When he has been in he's been a hound dog (a machine with aggresive speed!) and his drop back into coverage skill is WAY, WAY (did I say way?) better than previous years. Keep it up EJ and you'll be our MIP!

-Speed
    Home Sweet Dome...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I like winning! So hopefully that will carry over into the regular season.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast