Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: After Two Games, I like . . .

I also like what I see from this team.. Lets give the starting O-Line a chance to play the whole game together before we pass judgment.. I am sure this highly talented O-Line will work very well together come regular season..

The one thing I am sure of is that both McMahon, and O'Sucksalot need to be released.. We can get a veteran in like Kerry Collins, and have a Johnson, Jackson, and Kollins QB trio, and flat out release the other two.. Those guys have proven why no other team keeps them around..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I just enjoy how committed to the run we are. We ran more than we passed, and Chester was on pace to carry the ball 25-30 times if he had played the whole game. This leads me to think that Fason is definetly going to get 5 carries per game with Mewelde once again crying and sitting with an injury. I also like that Childress uses Richardson to run the ball.

Solid passing last night, but there were two players who got very little play time. McMullen and Kleinsasser. Now I couldn't care less about McMullen, but why has the sauce completely disappeared? Why are Owens and Jackson getting looks instead of him? I want my Sauce back!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The team looks to be doing very well at this stage IMO. I did not expect them to be playing this cleanly,without penalties in the preseason as they are fairly notorious for having holding or offsides penalties at the worst times to kill drives.

Here are the things I came up with

- Recievers.
    It looks to me like Johnson is going to do just fine with the group we have. He is not going to have an 80 yard bomb, but he will have enough 30 yard crossing routes to keep people honest and that is all we need in this offense. I do not see any talent out there right now that would upgrade what we have and be guaranteed not to cause trouble.

-QB. Johnson looks solid and really knows how to read coverages and distribute the ball. We controlled the clock and had long drives that kept the D off the field and rested. TJack is clearly developing into the #2 QB and has not made any big mistakes. You cannot say that about the other two.

- O Line. They still have not come into a rythm in the rushing game but have done well in pass blocking. They were solid after the first series against a tough defensive unit. They should be impressive by week one.

- RB's.
    Taylor started off slow but seemed to get into a rythm after a few series. I had doubts about him and favored Moore, but he looks like he has the potential to be an every down back.

-TE
    Wiggins may have lost some weight but still looks pretty slow for a TE, but I am not going to complain about somebody who just catches passes game in and game out. Even the deflected ones. He is great to have on the team.

-D Line.
    They are much better than we have had in years and really look solid. I love a strong D Line and these guys have me smiling.

-LB.
    There were a few mistakes and they didn't look as solid as I would like them to be. Still they played better than last week.

-DB's.
    I thought Sharper looked pretty good for the most part,especially on the INT. Blue was really hitting hard and I thought his tackling was very good. I was not impressed with Smoot. I do not know if they intentionally played him that far off of the receiver or if he needs that cushion to cover but he was giving up way too many catches uncontested. He needs to pick up his game in a hurry.

That's a good point, skum. The Steelers have a stellar defense at stopping the run, and Chester Taylor still might pan out for the Vikes. People tend to get caught up on statistics - but if you add the 20 yard run in there his stats look pretty good against a tough defense on the road.

The jury is still out, but I think Chester Taylor will pan out. I think he just needs to get the work in and get comfortable with the offense.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

illiniviking is offline Waterboy

If James and Udeze can get to the QB regularly, we will have a very good year.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    DB's.

I thought Sharper looked pretty good for the most part,especially on the INT. Blue was really hitting hard and I thought his tackling was very good. I was not impressed with Smoot. I do not know if they intentionally played him that far off of the receiver or if he needs that cushion to cover but he was giving up way too many catches uncontested. He needs to pick up his game in a hurry.
    I'm not a fan of SMOOT yet.
    He seems to be all mouth and no action.

I guess I'll wait a while longer and see what he does before I throw in the towel on him . . . but hopefully he becomes part of a legendary Viking Secondary!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"skum" wrote:
    And remember, that Front D the Steelers have, is one of the toughest to run against in the NFL. - Thats why they won the superbowl, shut down Alexander..

Chester had 10 runs for 36 yards last night..

If you add the 20 yard run that was called back, he would have been 11 runs for 56 yards.. thats a 5 yards pr. carry..
    And remember, not to take anything away from Chester, it's only preseason.

i will admit i had some strong doubts about TJack. i was mad at first that they didnt try harder to get cutler, but after seing him perform in the first 2 games. every shred of doubt has been eliminated. management made a great choice in drafting him.

illiniviking is offline Waterboy

It's funny how people ebb and flow with the slightest breeze on this board.
    One small breeze and Tarvaris is a great pick.
    Just wait a little bit until he gets tested before calling it a great choice to pick him.

The same people will be admonishing him in 2008 when he throws 4 picks in a game right after the game they were calling him a hall of famer for leading us to a 4th quarter comeback against the Packers.
    It's good to be excited about his potential, let's not come to any conclusions though on him for a little bit.

darkflood is offline Starter

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    DB's.

I'm not a fan of SMOOT yet.
    He seems to be all mouth and no action.

I guess I'll wait a while longer and see what he does before I throw in the towel on him . . . but hopefully he becomes part of a legendary Viking Secondary!
    I'm not a fan of Smoot at ALL. He is all talk. Brian Williams kicked his a** last year at the CB position, but we traded him because of the money we owe Smoot!! If I was an opposing team, I would throw against Smoot ALL DAY. He'll be too busy running his damn mouth to actually stop someone.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast